• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Platy

Introduce Madame Web to set up the second movie as a mix of Spider Totem/Spider-verse lite storyline with Tobey Macguire, Andrew Garfield and Miles Morales.

Also, ASM 2 is the best suit simply because I love Spidey with HUGE eyes

Introduce Madame Web to set up the second movie as a mix of Spider Totem/Spider-verse lite storyline with Tobey Macguire, Andrew Garfield and Miles Morales.

I think Marvel will utilize Madame Web when they want to reset the MCU.

Edwins

Modern Tobey might have a hard time pulling off Spidey. If they ever do a multiverse story with Spidey they need to use Tobey Peter in a supporting role with his daughter Mayday in costume instead. The timeline would line up pretty well, too.

Pachimari

So those photos were were from 1 of 2 key scenes being filmed that day. They first scene is Peter Parker and his classmates taking the school bus for a trip to Washington. And the other scene is him dressed up as Spidey jumping on top of a truck, probably a highway chase on the way to Washington DC.

Quick

Banned
Given the diversity of the cast, are they sure this is such a good idea?

DvKNFD1.gif

rq2fUEu.gif

SpaceWolf

Banned
YO BOYS,

SPIDERMANS GONNA SWING BY HERE, SO I WANT ALL O'YOUSE TO LINE UP YA CRANES IN A CERTAIN WAY SO SPIDEY CAN LIKE, LATCH ON TO EM AS HE GOES PAST.

I DON'T KNOW GUYS, IT'S A METAPHOR FOR NEW YORK OR SUMTHIN.

NO LARRY, I WONT BE PAYIN YA OVERTIME FOR THIS.

will this be the first spider-man movie without a gratuitous FUCK YEAH AMERICA moment?

I will actually be kind of disappointed if there isn't. I just expect it by now

Start of the third act, Spider-Man needs to stop Vulture from unleashing his bird army on NYC

"Let me make a call"

*Cut to Tony Stark listening to ACDC*

"Hey Tony, you and Rhodey still have those air force connections? I could use some backup"

*Michael Bay style air base scenes and a bunch of American flags*

*Radio banter*
"Form up boys! Ain't no freak gonna stop AMERICA on our best day!"
"This is Eagle leader reporting in"
"We've got your back Spidaman, you jes tell us what we gotta do"

Peter: "I TOLD YOU NO BIRD NAMES!"

*Polite audience laughter*

I think the most I LOVE NEW YORK that AmazingSpidey2 got was filming on location and having NY1 featured way too much on TV.

I wonder if Parker is gonna show a NYC ID card to try to get up to Stark Tower or eat some cheap halal food before hitting the Salvation Army near Union Square.

OH GOD I need a scene where he confronts the creepy Times Square mascot people, and they're all wearing Avengers outfits. Bonus points for if he stands face-to-face with their Spidey.

Edwins

I think the most I LOVE NEW YORK that AmazingSpidey2 got was filming on location and having NY1 featured way too much on TV.

I wonder if Parker is gonna show a NYC ID card to try to get up to Stark Tower or eat some cheap halal food before hitting the Salvation Army near Union Square.

OH GOD I need a scene where he confronts the creepy Times Square mascot people, and they're all wearing Avengers outfits. Bonus points for if he stands face-to-face with their Spidey.

Bonus bonus points if mascot Spidey looks like this:

spider-man-tv.jpg

Did Amazing Spider-Man 2 have one? I can't remember

A lot of crowds congregating near Spidey's big fights, which for the Electro one made sense because it's Times Square, but then loads of people were gathering near the Rhino who was packing guns and rockets. Kinda weird.

That one kid in the Spidey costume standing up to Rhino at the end, can't get more I LOVE NEW YORK than that.

OH! That awkward subplot of the two planes about to collide because Electro stole all the electricity and the air traffic control towers were down. Does that count?

You know what really confused me? Those crowds all cheering for webhead. I liked it better when the city was divided on how to feel about him, not everybody cheering him on.

Prompto

Banned
A lot of crowds congregating near Spidey's big fights, which for the Electro one made sense because it's Times Square, but then loads of people were gathering near the Rhino who was packing guns and rockets. Kinda weird.

That one kid in the Spidey costume standing up to Rhino at the end, can't get more I LOVE NEW YORK than that.

OH! That awkward subplot of the two planes about to collide because Electro stole all the electricity and the air traffic control towers were down. Does that count?

You know what really confused me? Those crowds all cheering for webhead. I liked it better when the city was divided on how to feel about him, not everybody cheering him on.
Oh yeah I forgot about that kid and all the people staying around to watch Rhino. ASM 2 is weird as hell

This just makes me realize amazing the first two Raimi SM movies were and how high the production was. I fucking love those movies so much.

Yeah a lot of money and care went into those, at a time when superhero flicks weren't guaranteed bank.

Sony and Raimi did a great job, a shame it all fell apart later

Those black lines look so fucking bad.

It'll be fine in the movie. I didn't even notice in Civil War. Set photos exaggerate things because there's no lighting or any kind of post work.

Things always look far worse than they actually are in set photos, literally every single time.

BokehKing

Banned
YO BOYS,

SPIDERMANS GONNA SWING BY HERE, SO I WANT ALL O'YOUSE TO LINE UP YA CRANES IN A CERTAIN WAY SO SPIDEY CAN LIKE, LATCH ON TO EM AS HE GOES PAST.

I DON'T KNOW GUYS, IT'S A METAPHOR FOR NEW YORK OR SUMTHIN.

NO LARRY, I WONT BE PAYIN YA OVERTIME FOR THIS.
It's funny because people from 5 boros/long island do talk like this, as embarrassing as it maybe to some of the more civilized people living in Manhattan

Top Bottom