• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

knVxXZm.png

Clockwise from left:

Silk

Sister Grimm

Spiderman

Nova

Harry Osborn (Hobgoblin)

Zandaya is Black Cat

There's my prediction, it's awful but it's mine.

Nvzman

^
All the previous live action costumes had raised webbings. It's different seeing a suit that's completely smooth.

OAQz6o7.jpg

A bit late to the party but I still think the Raimi film costume is the best live-action superhero costume ever. It's not as comic-book-y as the MCU costume, but it looks badass and has a very unique style to it.

More importantly, who had the better bootleg suit?
Raimi by far. As much as MCU Peter might have looked poor, Raimi's prototype suit actually looks like something some poor kid would throw together. A ski mask, winter gloves, a shirt, and some sweatpants?

Prompto

Banned
Raimi by far. As much as MCU Peter might have looked poor, Raimi's prototype suit actually looks like something some poor kid would throw together. A ski mask, winter gloves, a shirt, and some sweatpants?
I always loved the reveal of it too. The scene before shows him drawing the classic suit and then after he's shrouded in dark the whole time he's signing up for the fight. They build up to it and then it just ends up being him in this crappy outfit.

I always loved the reveal of it too. The scene before shows him drawing the classic suit and then after he's shrouded in dark the whole time he's signing up for the fight. They build up to it and then it just ends up being him in this crappy outfit.

I thought that the drawing of the classic suit isn't until after Uncle Ben is dead.

Silk and spider Gwen are meh ville.

Keep miles for future generation spidey because let's be real next marvel spidey is going to be black/mixed

Yeah, that's probably the long term plan.

Peter grows into Parker Industries Peter, passes local protection on to Miles.

Miles passes the mantel to Mayday.

Mayday passes it to Miguel when it's literally 2099.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Just wondering, technically/legally they could use the Raimi theme if they wanted, right?

I don't like the Raimi films very much but damn if that theme ain't great (and iconic!). I don't think there's any other superhero (except Superman) whose theme I actually remember and could recognize. Anyone remember the 'Iron-man' theme? Didn't think so.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Just wondering, technically/legally they could use the Raimi theme if they wanted, right?

I don't like the Raimi films very much but damn if that theme ain't great (and iconic!). I don't think there's any other superhero (except Superman) whose theme I actually remember and could recognize. Anyone remember the 'Iron-man' theme? Didn't think so.

This won't happen.

liquidtmd

Banned

Man if on opening night I walk in and they used that theme as the intro, my hype-ometer would blow up

Amazing theme. Wont happen admittedly

Ascenion

They should just get Danny Elfman to come back to score the film. Marvel seems to have a better relationship with him than Sony seeing as how they got him for AoU.

Tabarin

Banned
Set pictures always look bad... is on post that the magic happens

Just look at some set picture from doctor strange... cringeworthy stuff right there

DKHF

I don't think they will show it but I wonder if Sony/Marvel will show (and not release to the public) a small teaser or something at Comic Con. They will have been shooting for around a month and GotG1 showed a teaser (at Comic Con) after a few days of shooting. If they don't show footage then maybe they will confirm who the main cast are playing (Michael Keaton, Zendaya etc.'s roles).

I doubt they'll do a Spiderverse movie, but I wonder if they'd make it a post credits joke. Maybe Spiderman is hanging out with Dr. Strange and Strange shows him an alternate dimension of Spider-Ham or something.

I doubt they'll do a Spiderverse movie, but I wonder if they'd make it a post credits joke. Maybe Spiderman is hanging out with Dr. Strange and Strange shows him an alternate dimension of Spider-Ham or something.
Speaking of Strange, when the hell are we getting a new trailer?

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Marvel usually never releases anything from their comic-con panel, so I think the second trailer will come out around Suicide Squad's release.

Top Bottom