• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
It'll probably just be the comic con trailer released officially. Still hoping for some handycam leaked recording from comic con.

I think that only happened with Suicide Squad and Deadpool. Marvel showed the market scene from Civil War, but it was really shitty quality and tough to find.

A.R.K

Official Synopsis:

Young Peter Parker (Tom Holland) navigates his way through high school while fighting crime as Spider-Man.

This again? Why can't a spiderman movie be without this and show something else. Spiderman is one of my fav super heroes but this constant origin story done in every movie is getting really tiring and uninteresting.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
This again? Why can't a spiderman movie be without this and show something else. Spiderman is one of my fav super heroes but this constant origin story done in every movie is getting really tiring and uninteresting.

They're skipping the origin (maybe in flashbacks, but I don't think they've even cast Uncle Ben). Spidey in High School is peak Spidey.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

It's not an origin film.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There was not a single movie that focused on him beeing in highschool.
And no, running for three minutes with lizard through the school doesnt count.

This origin talk is getting so fucking tired.

jph139

Out of five movies, Spider-Man has spent like... one and a half in high school. I'm not sure why there this perception that they've all been teenage romps when he's spent a vast majority of his time on film in (and beyond) college.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Andrew Garfield is still the best Spider-man, shame they had to cut him loose. Tom Holland still has time to prove himself, his brief stint in Civil War was def better than Tobey's whiney, mopey mess in the Raimi films.

REALLY tired of RDJ though. He nearly hi-jacked Cap's latest film, and he's about to do the same to Spider-man's film. Give Iron Man a rest already.

Spider-Man (2002) - Origin
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - Origin
Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
Spider-Man Homecoming (2017)

Note, the current movie won't have a detailed origin. So I'm unsure about the point of the first statement.

Now, if you have an issue with high school Spider-Man... I'm even more confused. Currently, given the rest of the film in the MCU, being a high school kid is probably the thing that differentiate's Spider-Man the most. Being in high school was only a small part of Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man. Amazing 2 had graduation as a brief backdrop and book end. That's it.

Perhaps you're getting older and you want a Spider-Man that reflects you. Pick up the comic, where he's Tony Stark lite. (A frequent complaint and something actually brought up in the comic itself.)

diaspora

Spider-Man (2002) - Origin
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Spider-Man 3 (2007)
Amazing Spider-Man (2012) - Origin
Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
Spider-Man Homecoming (2017)

Note, the current movie won't have a detailed origin. So I'm unsure about the point of the first statement.

Now, if you have an issue with high school Spider-Man... I'm even more confused. Currently, given the rest of the film in the MCU, being a high school kid is probably the thing that differentiate's Spider-Man the most. Being in high school was only a small part of Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man. Amazing 2 had graduation as a brief backdrop and book end. That's it.

Perhaps you're getting older and you want a Spider-Man that reflects you. Pick up the comic, where he's Tony Stark lite. (A frequent complaint and something actually brought up in the comic itself.)

I see that complaint and it's generally full of shit considering how different the actual events, villains, and characters are between Iron Man and Parker Incorporated Spider-Man. I mean, it makes sense if someone were to take a shallow/brief look at the book, but it ought to be clear to anyone reading it that it's not the case.

Parker Incorporated aside, adult Spider-Man has typically been better than the teen garbage.

SpaceWolf

Banned

tense.gif

What a blindingly original, not to mention well-informed, post.

I see that complaint and it's generally full of shit considering how different the actual events, villains, and characters are between Iron Man and Parker Incorporated Spider-Man. I mean, it makes sense if someone were to take a shallow/brief look at the book, but it ought to be clear to anyone reading it that it's not the case.

Oh, they're pretty different, but it's clear Slott has noticed the commentary or was prepared for it from the current arc.

Tidalwave

Andrew Garfield is still the best Spider-man, shame they had to cut him loose. Tom Holland still has time to prove himself, his brief stint in Civil War was def better than Tobey's whiney, mopey mess in the Raimi films.

REALLY tired of RDJ though. He nearly hi-jacked Cap's latest film, and he's about to do the same to Spider-man's film. Give Iron Man a rest already.
So true. Andrew was the worst peter parker, however.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I want to like Miles stories but it's just... boring. Like give him a story arc with blade or moon knight or something. Hell, give him a part-time job at Parker Incorporated like how Peter was working at Horizon.
The problem with Miles isn't that he's boring. The problem is that his solo books have not managed to have five straight issues without him being drawn into WORLD SHATTERING EVENT #37. He doesn't have ANY villains besides his dead uncle, there are only a few characters you can care about.

This, I think, was best illustrated in the Spider-Men crossover. There was a bit where Mysterio drugs them both so they see their "worst enemies". Peter sees the Gob, Doc Ock and other familiar faces

Miles? His dead uncle and.. Omega Red, and some dead gangster he once beat up.

The solution is simple: for one year, just keep him from interacting with the whole Marvel universe (at least in solo books). Like the old ultimate comics were.

diaspora

The problem with Miles isn't that he's boring. The problem is that his solo books have not managed to have five straight issues without him being drawn into WORLD SHATTERING EVENT #37. He doesn't have ANY villains besides his dead uncle, there are only a few characters you can care about.

This, I think, was best illustrated in the Spider-Men crossover. There was a bit where Mysterio drugs them both so they see their "worst enemies". Peter sees the Gob, Doc Ock and other familiar faces

Miles? His dead uncle and.. Omega Red, and some dead gangster he once beat up.

The solution is simple: for one year, just keep him from interacting with the whole Marvel universe (at least in solo books). Like the old ultimate comics were.

The problem with Miles is twofold: one, he's not doing anything in general let alone events, two there isn't much he can do within the context of being a highschool aged superhero that would be remotely interesting in the first place.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

I no right? can't belive that hey're killing uncle bob agains.

Top Bottom