• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Quick

Banned

I'm not even joking, the Spider-Man soundtrack (Music from and Inspired by Spider-Man) is actually pretty cool for the time, still with some songs that aren't too dated.

It might be one of the better examples of doing compilation albums for movies.

Hero was catchy as fuck when it came out. I'm not even going to hate on it. Don't forget What We're All About either.

Emarv

Speaking of Spectacular I found this on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lYCgC7ToQ

Had no idea there were so many clips/montages from CW online, Marvel/Disney seem to not give a shit about taking them down. Man I saw that movie twice and I still forgot just how much they nailed the movement and action with him

Would be cool if they used that as the end credits song for Homecoming, but I'll also accept a brand new Spider-Man theme song. Just give me like...something original and not a licensed track

Brb, watching this video on repeat for the next year.

I wouldn't bet my account, but also I'd bet reasonably good money that Venom movie isn't ever happening. It's been in the pipeline since Spider-Man 3, and I can't see after Homecoming's inevitable success that they'd go back to their old ways, after completely scrapping Sinister Six which they'd planned for so Spidey could drink the MCU's milkshake.

Because seriously, going to such lengths to ensure Spidey's part of a wider universe, and then making it so one of his most recognisable foes isn't allowed to be a part of it? Leave it out Arad.

I wouldn't bet my account, but also I'd bet reasonably good money that Venom movie isn't ever happening. It's been in the pipeline since Spider-Man 3, and I can't see after Homecoming's inevitable success that they'd go back to their old ways, after completely scrapping Sinister Six which they'd planned for so Spidey could drink the MCU's milkshake.

Because seriously, going to such lengths to ensure Spidey's part of a wider universe, and then making it so one of his most recognisable foes isn't allowed to be a part of it? Leave it out Arad.

The only thing I am worried about, is that once the new movie comes out and if it is a huge success, Sony may end up wanting to capitalise on it immediately and milk it again. Considering Spidey may not show up again until Infinity War, and who knows for his next solo movie.

The only thing I am worried about, is that once the new movie comes out and if it is a huge success, Sony may end up wanting to capitalise on it immediately and milk it again. Considering Spidey may not show up again until Infinity War, and who knows for his next solo movie.

I fear that too but I tell myself that Marvel probably has that covered in legal documents or whatever that are included in the deal. There's no way they left open a loophole for Sony to go and make MCU movies that they don't have a say in or approve of. That would be so damaging to their brand.

They've got the animated film in the pipeline, and I'd bet even more that Spidey 2: Senior Prom will release 2020 at the latest.

S1kkZ

he will be in infinity war and avengers 4. so we had civil war in 2016, homecoming in 2017, iw 2018 and avengers 4 in 2019. next solofilm by 2020.

thats more spider-man than ever before.

icespide

Banned
he will be in infinity war and avengers 4. so we had civil war in 2016, homecoming in 2017, iw 2018 and avengers 4 in 2019. next solofilm by 2020.

thats more spider-man than ever before.
they'll squeeze in a spidey sequel in there somewhere. Sony will want to fast track it. 2019 is my bet

Hopefully someone at Marvel can convince them that they know what they're doing. I'm sure the contract they signed stipulated the details of solo movies.

Quick

Banned

I fear that too but I tell myself that Marvel probably has that covered in legal documents or whatever that are included in the deal. There's no way they left open a loophole for Sony to go and make MCU movies that they don't have a say in or approve of. That would be so damaging to their brand.

I'm a little worried, but so far so good. Sony is saying the right things in terms of letting Marvel Studios do their job and not interfering (at least, for now).

Other than the animated movie, I don't expect too many Spider-Man projects that are outside the MCU, other than video games or TV shows.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I finally finished Spectacular Spider-Man, god damn what an awful note to end it on :(

But holy shit is that an amazing show.

I hate the artstyle and how the characters look.

Fantastic fight scenes but i had to drop it.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/jona-xiao-spider-man-homecoming-1201842327/

Jona Xiao Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

Jona Xiao has joined the cast of Sony-Marvel’s “Spider-Man: Homecoming” opposite Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei and Michael Keaton, Variety has learned exclusively.

Plot details are still guarded as is Xiao’s character. Holland is playing Peter Parker and Tomei will portray Aunt May while Keaton is on board for the role of a villain.

Xiao can next be seen recurring on the third season of AMC’s “Halt and Catch Fire,” in Fox’s “Keeping Up With the Joneses” opposite Zach Galifianakis and Jon Hamm and in Fox Searchlight’s “Gifted” opposite Chris Evans, Jenny Slate and Octavia Spencer. Her credits include “Rizzoli & Isles,” “Trophy Wife” and “Bones.”

GAMEPROFF

Banned
ErhsX84.jpg
I love how this is the first panel of Spider-Man Love Mary Jane

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Weren't Ned Leeds and Betty Brant high schoolers in Spider-man loves Mary-Jane as well? So I guess it's not completely unprecedented.

Has this set photo of Jacob as Ned been posted here before?
Ned was MJs first boyfriend in that book, he was before this dating with Betty and left MJ for her again.

icespide

Banned
finally saw the nice guys tonight and I'm 100% convinced that Angourie Rice is playing Gwen Stacy. there is no other possibility

Pachimari

I think it's fair to say he's in the minority though. I only left school a few years ago but I'd estimate about 80% had seen it, even if they're not Star Wars fans.
He may be in the minority but I don't find anything surprising or strange about. Lots of people haven't seen lots of big movies believe it or not, even Star Wars.

So nothing really exciting today but @AtlantaFilming on Twitter is back at it, looks like the crew has given him pretty much free access to the set somehow. Seems like he's only allowed to post minor things though. Hopefully we might get some bigger stuff later on

A lot of extras and street shots

Scene for CGI Spidey:

Extras:

Set:

High quality Tom's backpack

Spidey fan or stunt double for Peter's NEW SUIT!!? You be the judge!!

Top Bottom