• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Pachimari

Has there been any new news on the O'Brien front?

I thought that the chances it's him were as good as dead.

Someone in the press threw a Spider-man question at Dylan the other day and got apparently got reamed by his manager/publicist.

And his instructor talking about Dylan should be an Avenger, and Dylan himself talking about hanging upside down etc. But nothing of this makes me sure at all.

Mumei

I really enjoyed Cabin in the Woods, and I wasn't expecting to. I watched it on Netflix without knowing anything about it going in except that it was listed as a horror movie (I don't ordinarily watch horror and was trying something different).

I would be curious to know why someone who disliked it felt that way, though.

Blader

Someone in the press threw a Spider-man question at Dylan the other day and got apparently got reamed by his manager/publicist.

if this is from the Paley Fest video in the other thread, then that's not what happened at all. :lol

This is how bad rumors start, people!

Pachimari

if this is from the Paley Fest video in the other thread, then that's not what happened at all. :lol

This is how bad rumors start, people!

But that's not the thing that have given some fans new hope. What about you try get into it, before stating how bad rumors start. The thing that has clinched unto people, is his Teen Wolf director teasing Dylan about Avengers, when one could imagine he don't wanna talk about it if his audition performance had been rejected. And Dylan himself also talked about hanging upside down - be it a joke, ironic or going along with the talk - Spidey were still discussed at the panel.

Remember, Chadwick, Rudd and Cumberbatch also denied having Marvel roles only for them to be announced as Black Panther, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange.

You don't have to kill the hope of some fans. It is what it is, nobody can make conclusions.

Blader

But that's not the thing that have given some fans new hope. What about you try get into it, before stating how bad rumors start. The thing that has clinched unto people, is his Teen Wolf director teasing Dylan about Avengers, when one could imagine he don't wanna talk about it if his audition performance had been rejected. And Dylan himself also talked about hanging upside down - be it a joke, ironic or going along with the talk - Spidey were still discussed at the panel.

Remember, Chadwick, Rudd and Cumberbatch also denied having Marvel roles only for them to be announced as Black Panther, Ant-Man and Dr. Strange.

You don't have to kill the hope of some fans. It is what it is, nobody can make conclusions.

Or maybe he's just ribbing him over nothing?

After all, if Dylan is Spider-Man and is under such an intense NDA that Marvel reps are apparently waiting in the wings to pounce on any journalists who ask about it, why would his Teen Wolf director be privy to that news? Much less, talk about it on stage in front of said journalists?

I'm not trying to kill your hope or anything, just think it's worthwhile to keep expectations in check, especially when those expectations are kind of based on nothing in the first place. Remember, this whole thing started in earnest just because some anonymous guy on Reddit said so.

Pachimari

Honestly I don't care about these rumors floating around, after the whole Dylan is Spidey speculation but I think recent events have given valid hope. And Marvel is not telling journalists not to ask, I think it is Dylan's agent.

Jarmel

Banned
Or maybe he's just ribbing him over nothing?

After all, if Dylan is Spider-Man and is under such an intense NDA that Marvel reps are apparently waiting in the wings to pounce on any journalists who ask about it, why would his Teen Wolf director be privy to that news? Much less, talk about it on stage in front of said journalists?

I'm not trying to kill your hope or anything, just think it's worthwhile to keep expectations in check, especially when those expectations are kind of based on nothing in the first place. Remember, this whole thing started in earnest just because some anonymous guy on Reddit said so.

The director might be in the know just because if Dylan gets the part, this could affect scheduling of the show. That said I wouldn't read much into it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
which is crazy, cause it makes no sense
We know that we will get a Peter Parker movie since the first day. Since then, we only discuss if we get Miles or Peter.

The next level is that people will tell us that Peter Parker will be just have the name of Peter but is Miles in disguise or something like this. Or that Peter will killed off in the first movie and them replaced with Miles or shit like this.

Pachimari

But we have known this since day one. One of the executives mentioned Parker in the press release. We also really should have one MCU Spidey thread, we are currently using 3 different threads.

This is not a confirmation of anything.

Yeah, he doesn't actually say Peter is the Spidey in this movie. Not to say he ultimately won't be in the movie (as mentioned, Marvel's already said it's going to be Parker, and if it was Miles, then Variety wouldn't have said Lerman/O'Brien were on a shortlist) - but that isn't "confirmation" of anything.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/23/marvel-auditioned-16-year-old-mateus-ward-for-spider-man/

8a796329a0becee5fb1c78621fadab57__span.jpg

Supposedly, Mateus Ward is auditioning for Spider-Man.

Pachimari

Why couldn't they just have Peter Parker be a teenager in Civil War and Spectacular Spider-Man, and then go into adulthood by the next 2 movies or such.

Oh well, I'm fine with whatever, just announce your Parker soon.

Why couldn't they just have Peter Parker be a teenager in Civil War and Spectacular Spider-Man, and then go into adulthood by the next 2 movies or such.

Oh well, I'm fine with whatever, just announce your Parker soon.

I don't see why you think they can't and won't do that. The MCU mostly passes in real time anyway and characters clearly age there.

I think it's more about longevity than anything else... Like they want a Peter that will believably last for a decade or more and still remain relatively young. He might not be in high school anymore but he also wouldn't be in his thirties.

But he's wearing a Batman shirt, soooooooooo

j/k, dude looks alright. And he's only 16, so they can keep him on for a long time

Not when they want the character of Spiderman to be 16 and stay 16 they won't.

Two movies and they will recast again because they are worried the target audience won't relate to an old man.

Top Bottom