• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

G-Fex

No doubt. There's people up ins already complaining that Fox won't do the same for X-Men, or that Sony got "the win" in this partnership.

The only "win" that matters is that Spidey will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and there's going to be a new Spidey, with a new creative direction shaped by the people who have successfully made Marvel Studios a legitimate phenomenon in Hollywood.

That's the fuckin "win" here.

That and the fact it's probably either The Russo Bros, or Lord & Miller that's gonna be making this goddamn Spidey flick in 2017.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Well, I guess it'd be boring and sane if all were satisfied.

Caution indeed. But something tells me Sony will listen because after all, they made hits while Sony is struggling with Spidey.

Nah, Kevin Feige isn't a pushover, he should be able to get what he wants. I don't think Sony will move in their way, they probably want to follow the formula that brought Marvel success.
I hope so, for everyone's sake. But Sony Pictures isn't really known for their "team spirit".

HUELEN10

apNPJYN.jpg
OP, please update this into the first post.

Dryk

"Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films."

Welp, there goes most of my interest.
It sure is going to be weird having 3 different Spider-Men scattered through the MCU with no explaination in 15 years huh

Wait so is he showing up in Civil War then?

If he is, then that movie is essentially Avengers 3 considering all the characters they're putting in there.

What did they do? So confused.

Seth Rogen and James Franco made The Interview. The Interview lured in hackers, leaking everything Sony had in their sleeves. This forced them to salvage whatever they can because they were in shit spot. This made them more humble because the whole world can see their shit talk. This lured in Marvel to ask for Spidey. This made them secure a deal for Sony to have Spidey and Marvel to have Spidey as well.

At least in a fantasy world this is what happened.

Xyrmellon

I wouldn't be suprised if they do reshoots and find a way to get him into a cameo in Ant-man, like they did with Renner in Thor. They want to introduce him and get him going right away.

theWB27

I am afraid if they cast him, he would make everyone look like dog shite so it aint happening :(

Toby is the real Spider-Man!

I know this is your opinion...but its pretty bad. He's not even the best Spidey..yet alone being compared to other castings like RDJ. Garfield, I think, could shit talk with RDJ allot better than Tobey would.

Sami+

god fucking dammit

fingers crossed it's not gonna be like every fucking other marvel movie but I know it will be so whatever

Top Bottom