• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions |OT| of Undelivered Ham

EzLink

Banned
shaowebb said:
This...wow...this looks awesome. Anyone know if web of shadows measures up to this? I won't even bother with "Friend of Foe".

I thought web of shadows was fucking atrocious. Excellent combat, but everything else was on par with the mediocrity of Spider-Man 3. I guess the formula had just been wearing thin on me by that point, so I found Shattered Dimensions to be a really refreshing change of pace. I was complaining about the lack of free roaming before release, but after completing the game I think it's safe to say this is one of the best Spidey games ever made (which admittedly isn't hard to do).

I just hope that if there is a sequel, there will be a free roaming hub world with the focused and excellent level designs being accessed from the city. That would be the best of both worlds

V_Ben

Banned
EzLink said:
I thought web of shadows was fucking atrocious. Excellent combat, but everything else was on par with the mediocrity of Spider-Man 3. I guess the formula had just been wearing thin on me by that point, so I found Shattered Dimensions to be a really refreshing change of pace. I was complaining about the lack of free roaming before release, but after completing the game I think it's safe to say this is one of the best Spidey games ever made (which admittedly isn't hard to do).

I just hope that if there is a sequel, there will be a free roaming hub world with the focused and excellent level designs being accessed from the city. That would be the best of both worlds

huh. Not sure I follow you there. So, it was atrociously mediocre?

Anyway, This is definitely better than WoS. Its a very focused game, and the casting + acting are top notch. Its great :D

EzLink

Banned
V_Ben said:
huh. Not sure I follow you there. So, it was atrociously mediocre?

Anyway, This is definitely better than WoS. Its a very focused game, and the casting + acting are top notch. Its great :D

Spider-Man 3 was bad, but I was so desperate for another Spidey game at that point I still managed to find some enjoyment in it. Web of Shadows kept up the trend of repeating the exact same mistakes from all of the previous games, and it was around that point that I just got fed up with it. City was bland with no real incentive to explore, boss battles were redundant and boring, missions were awful as usual, and the story was so poorly done that it just detracted from the experience. Like I said, most other Spider-Man games had those problems too, I guess WoS was just the final straw. It is one of only four games I've ever sold in my 15 years of gaming.

But damn the combat in that game was dynamic and satisfying. There seems to be at least one element in each Spider-Man game that truly excels. If only developers could be smart and combine the best parts of each game so far, then we could truly get the Arkham Asylum of the Spider-Man universe

KevinCow said:
Overall, a really fun game. Hopefully this team stays on for the next DS Spider-Man game. If not, hopefully they keep up the good work elsewhere.

I just hope they don't feel forced to make a 3D spider-man game on the 3DS (as in 3D movement, not the visual effect) just because the tech is better. I hope they can continue making these metroidvania spider-man games.

JohngPR

shaowebb said:
This...wow...this looks awesome. Anyone know if web of shadows measures up to this? I won't even bother with "Friend of Foe".

The game is better than Web of Shadows IMO. I think Web of Shadows' combat was a little deeper and more fluid, but it can't touch Shattered Dimensions in overall gameplay structure, level design, and most definitely voice acting. LOL

PS: Has anyone bought the new Spider-Man game on the iPhone? It's getting very good reviews in the app store, but was wondering if anyone has played it.

Penny-Arcade made a webcomic about the game.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions knows what it is, and doesn't try to convince you otherwise: it's fanservice, served neat in a highball glass. The contextual jumping can feell raw, the camera sometimes makes poor life choices, and the year 2099 is so dense with stimuli that a person from 2010 can hardly make sense of it. It's also genuinely funny, not every now and then but often, which is a rare thing. Is it perfect? No. Does it have Spider-Man in it? Yes. Four times! That's way more than most games.

Completing challenges and collecting things gives you "Spider Essence" which is more or less a character advancement currency, but also seems like it might be a cologne or something, which is weird.

1001223989_bYUUx-L.jpg

JohngPR

Just beat the game and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I will definitely be playing through the game again to get all of the other challenges. Props to Beenox for stepping up their game and making a great Spider-Man game.

IMO, it's the best Spider-Man game made...a worthy predecessor to Spider-Man on PSone.

I'll have a review up on my blog in a few days. :)

IMO, it's the best Spider-Man game made...a worthy predecessor to Spider-Man on PSone.

I totally agree. Yet there's no hype and all the reviews are giving it average scores. I hope Beenox is given the green light to work on some type of followup.

vg260

I'm 4 levels in and as a Spider-Man fan, I'm loving what they've done with this game. Just wish they spent a little more time to polish it. I'm impressed w/ Beenox. It's sooo close to being amazing, but the crawling camera issues, wonky swinging, and kinda spazzy controls hinder it enough to make it just pretty good. Spider-Man games have always felt really clunky combat-wise, like the animation gets in the way, and not like you're really in control. This is no exception. If they had worked these issues out, and made the combat feel buttery smooth like Batman AA, it could have surpassed Batman. I agree w/ most of the review scores. Bump them up a little if you're a Spidey fan, but otherwise, it's jut pretty good.

I feel like Activision may have rushed this out a bit. I blame them for pushing this out as a fall release. If they had more time to perfect it, like Rocksteady did w/ Batman, it would be getting 9's and 10s.

Spike

2&2 said:
I feel like Activision may have rushed this out a bit. I blame them for pushing this out as a fall release.
Absolutely. Blame Kotick.

If they had more time to perfect it, like Rocksteady did w/ Batman, it would be getting 9's and 10s.
This is what I said earlier in the thread. If Activision was serious about making a great game, they would have given them some more time to make the game better than it already is.

I'm guessing Beenox won't be making the next Spidey game, since Kotick has made his views on annually released franchise games, so hopefully they get a chance on the one after that.

Amir0x

Banned
It's a decent enough game, but the flaws are really starting the get on my nerves. The camera needs serious fixing. It is extremely annoying how the game arbitrarily decides to limit when you can use your web and when you can't (my god, how retarded is it that I have to walk across a
goddamn bridge dodging trucks
when I should be able to web across. Shit, at least let me web from lamp post to lamp post. Or during the
Kraven sniper part
, why the fuck did I have to wait for him to
shoot the trees?
I'm fucking Spider-Man! The list goes on..) and the really pretty awkward combat system.

I'll give it a 7/10 as of now

ram

JohngPR said:

this.

i am halfway through the game and i am impressed. beenox did an awesome job. only thing i dislike is the web swinging.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just got the GameFly, and I really like it so far. I'm wondering how hard it's going to be to Platinum the game though.

Anyone know if you purchase upgrades on Easy/Normal and then go back through on Hard mode, will you still stay upgraded? That seems like a better way to get through Hard mode.

Anyone know if you purchase upgrades on Easy/Normal and then go back through on Hard mode, will you still stay upgraded? That seems like a better way to get through Hard mode.

All upgrades carry over. Once you level up, hard mode becomes very simple.

JohngPR

Despite this game being full of extras, I kind of wish the game had a few challange mode style maps.

I wouldn't mind having bite sized chunks of gameplay like that for when I feel like playing the game, but not committing to an hour or more of playtime.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown up. I think people have been burned by too many Spider-Man games in the past, maybe they didn't give this one a chance...

I am REALLY enjoying this game. I think this is by far the best Spider-Man game I played, my previous favorite was Ultimate Spider-Man. The presentation is really great, and I know this game is basically a God of War clone in its combat mechanics... I truly enjoy the boss battles in this game over anything in the God of War series. They're really really well done!

I'm debating Keeping It through GameFly or just waiting for this game to go on massive sale for ~$35. Judging by the popularity of this game on forums, I think this will be hitting the bargain bin way earlier than it deserves.

JohngPR

Yea, I'm surprised how the game hit with a wet thud. Even reviewers didn't go out of their way to review the game. Weird.

Spike

Finished the Wii version a couple of days ago, and I really liked it alot. Yes, it has its flaws, but it is still the best Spidey game I've played in a long, long time. Oh, and the Wii version is Spectacular (get it). ;)

Excelsior!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Wow this game is getting NO NeoGAF love, that's too bad.

I hope this means that this game will be hitting the sale/discount list pretty soon. I have it from GameFly and I really want to purchase it, but I feel like a month from now this game will be heavily discounted. Especially since everyone seems to be ignoring this game for Halo and other big upcoming releases.

Amir0x

Banned
I played the game and just wasn't super impressed. I suspect that it's not blowing any neoGAF doors off because it's not that remarkable a game.

I mean it's ok, but, the flaws are so numerous...

GeekyDad

Played through the DS version. Another good Spidey game on the go, though not quite the same impact as WoS DS had on me. It's a lot of cut-and-paste, which honestly, is fine with me. I loved WoS DS a lot, and more of the same is really all I was after. They tweaked the pacing of the beat-em-up gameplay, and it's a better game for it. The level design isn't as good in some places, though getting at power-ups offers a nice challenge. Ultimately, though, this and WoS DS are probably the two games that have allowed me to come the closest to feeling like Spider-man while playing a game.

I finally got my PS3 copy, and my DS copy should arrive soon. I only played the intro stuff because I'm putting hair on my chest by finishing Ninja Gaiden Sigma first, but I'm happy with it so far.

I don't question why it's not getting love on GAF, though. It's licensed and not really much better than average unless you love that license. Most games like this don't even get an OT on GAF, let alone one with several pages.

TheFallen

Having finished the game, there were two major annoyances. The horrific, non-existent storyline and the fact that all of the better costumes are locked away requiring you to finish every single challenge. I ended the game still needing to do 30 challenges to get them. I doubt I'd want to play after I finish every last one. Hard to enjoy the costumes when there's no content left after.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Amir0x said:
I played the game and just wasn't super impressed. I suspect that it's not blowing any neoGAF doors off because it's not that remarkable a game.

I mean it's ok, but, the flaws are so numerous...

I think the fact that this game is one of the best Spider-Man offerings would make it 'remarkable' enough for fans. Spider-Man has a lot of fans... but I guess this game really needs an Arkham Asylum game for even it's own fan base to notice.

I heard a lot of people complaining about the dialog and the voice acting, I for one have chuckled at Spider-Man's quips enough time to say that I'm enjoying it. It's no Nathan Drake, but I think it's pretty darn good.

TheFallen said:
Having finished the game, there were two major annoyances. The horrific, non-existent storyline and the fact that all of the better costumes are locked away requiring you to finish every single challenge. I ended the game still needing to do 30 challenges to get them. I doubt I'd want to play after I finish every last one. Hard to enjoy the costumes when there's no content left after.

Just enter these codes then. They don't affect trophies.

Go to the main menu screen
Unlock Iron Spider Costume - Up, Right, Right, Right, Left, Left, Left, Down, Up
Unlock Scarlet Spider Costume - Right, Up, Left, Right, Up, Left, Right, Up, Left, Right
Unlocks Negative Zone Suit for use in Noir Levels - Left, Right, Right, Down, Right, Down, Up, Left

Really? People are complaining about the dialogue and voice acting? It's pure Spider-Man. I'm laughing all the way through, here.

The game definitely has rough edges, but considering this is Beenox's first kick at the can, I'm pretty happy with it and I'm very excited to see where they can take this in the years to come.

Couldn't put this game down last night, it almost became a no-go for me yesterday after all the crap reviews were giving it, tedious gameplay, poor storyline, noir is out of place.

Hell i kinda agree with them all, but in the end its a solid spiderman game with a great concept that gives plenty of variety.

The only grievances i have so far is that they do a sub-boss battle and then a main boss battle after they "power-up" and in each one u do the close up punching sequence. Boring as crap...cant the boss just die when im finished pummelling him, i dont NEED to do some lame finisher every single time. (3/3 bosses for me so far). Also the repedative chatter when ur fighting a boss....holy crap, i had to turn my sound off it was so annoying.

other than that its great fun and a good game.

ps. i dont consider the above spoilers seeing as its mentioned in every review ive read so far but tag it if u wish.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Really? People are complaining about the dialogue and voice acting? It's pure Spider-Man. I'm laughing all the way through, here.

Personally not a fan of 2099 voice actor or noir. The other 2 seem true to the charachter though.

Marshmellow said:
Couldn't put this game down last night, it almost became a no-go for me yesterday after all the crap reviews were giving it, tedious gameplay, poor storyline, noir is out of place.

Hell i kinda agree with them all, but in the end its a solid spiderman game with a great concept that gives plenty of variety.

The only grievances i have so far is that they do a sub-boss battle and then a main boss battle after they "power-up" and in each one u do the close up punching sequence. Boring as crap...cant the boss just die when im finished pummelling him, i dont NEED to do some lame finisher every single time. (3/3 bosses for me so far). Also the repedative chatter when ur fighting a boss....holy crap, i had to turn my sound off it was so annoying.

other than that its great fun and a good game.

ps. i dont consider the above spoilers seeing as its mentioned in every review ive read so far but tag it if u wish.

Personally not a fan of 2099 voice actor or noir. The other 2 seem true to the charachter though.
2099's VA probably sounds weird because he's a Spidey voice actor from when Spidey VA's used to have man-voices instead of boy-voices. Noir's voice actor is the Spidey from the 90s cartoon though, pretty weird he doesn't seem to work for you.

Segata Sanshiro said:
2099's VA probably sounds weird because he's a Spidey voice actor from when Spidey VA's used to have man-voices instead of boy-voices. Noir's voice actor is the Spidey from the 90s cartoon though, pretty weird he doesn't seem to work for you.

Maybe its just the overall that noir doesn't exactly fit for me. to be honest they could have put some more effort into it. ive only seen about 4 animations so far. its not exactly challenging to do stealth takedowns either.

fair enough 2099 does sound like an old dude and its just wierd. hes got a completely different attitude/perception to the other spideys, might just be the fact that i am not a fan of him, but i do LOVE the setting.

Foob

I was enjoying this game when I first started, but by act 3 I was just wishing it would enddd.

Goddamn, I almost hate this game. Why do I need to rescue prisoners all the fucking time??? And the noir sections that I initially liked the most, really start to show their flaws by the end of the game. Oh, and it was real great not knowing whether or not my damn webbing was going to come out every time I jumped off the edge of something. I liked the combat somewhat, and there were some nice fan-service moments, but ugh, I didn't like this very much.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I've got reason to celebrate this weekend, and in my own weird way that means renting a game that I can blow through in a couple of days. Thinking I might just pick this up (the Wii version), I certainly enjoyed Spider-Man 2, but I like the sound of a more linear focus.

Marshmellow said:
Maybe its just the overall that noir doesn't exactly fit for me. to be honest they could have put some more effort into it. ive only seen about 4 animations so far. its not exactly challenging to do stealth takedowns either.

fair enough 2099 does sound like an old dude and its just wierd. hes got a completely different attitude/perception to the other spideys, might just be the fact that i am not a fan of him, but i do LOVE the setting.

I thought Noir was a great change of pace from the beat-em-up stuff in the other three. Also 2099 isn't even Peter Parker...so that could be it.

Beat this game on wii yesterday and aside from the usual wii wonkiness, I really enjoyed it. It was clear that AA was a huge influence for this game especially in the Noir sequence and the final boss battle.

Also the fan-service in this game is great. The voice actors were all spidermen at one time, etc. If you are a spiderman fan at all you will probably enjoy this game.

Affeinvasion said:
I thought Noir was a great change of pace from the beat-em-up stuff in the other three. Also 2099 isn't even Peter Parker...so that could be it.

Beat this game on wii yesterday and aside from the usual wii wonkiness, I really enjoyed it. It was clear that AA was a huge influence for this game especially in the Noir sequence and the final boss battle.

Also the fan-service in this game is great. The voice actors were all spidermen at one time, etc. If you are a spiderman fan at all you will probably enjoy this game.

That explains it a bit. cheers for the info. it provides as a breakup yes and i like the idea. but the effort/content doesnt seem up to par with the others to make it an enjoyable break

Part of the problem with Noir is that its very reminiscent of another, better game. For better or worse, the other three worlds are at least their own thing. Noir is, simply put, a poor man's Arkham. Not bad by any means, but it begs the comparison and can't live up to it.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I thought of this game more as a poor man's God of War... with Spider-Man coating. I haven't played AA ... I'm just not as big of a Batman fan as I am Spider-Man. But I think I need to give it a go regardless, I'm certain its a better game.

Perhaps that makes it better that I am playing Spider-Man first!

I'm still in Act 1 and have now played every Dimension, there really isn't anything that I don't dislike about the game. Like I said, it plays like a God of War beat-em up with Spider-Man abilities. The boss fights are really great, I think that makes the game fun as you progress doing the "same stuff" of beating everyone up... the boss battle at the end is really the carrot because you know they're going to be good.

What's the word on the DS version? I've been waiting forever for a price drop on web of shadows since I heard it was just 5 hours, is it longer/harder this time around?

I played wii version yesterday. It looks great and play great. It looks better than many wii game seriously.

Voice acting is among best if not the best on wii games.

:lol This is the funniest game I've played in a long, long time.

Prime crotch said:
What's the word on the DS version? I've been waiting forever for a price drop on web of shadows since I heard it was just 5 hours, is it longer/harder this time around?
Still short. It's the biggest failing of Griptonite's otherwise top-notch stuff, IMO.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I recently platinumed this game (#54)

Game is amazing if you are up on Spider-Man info, from the comic books, movies, cartoons yester-year or now.

Deadpool
had me rolling, the voice was distinct a little like Nathan Drake"ish" but the smug and doucheiness was ramped up to 11 (it was Nolan North, go figure lol)

Good combat but trying to platinum was no walk in the park.

Hard difficulty isn't that hard, it's like normal on Bayonetta.
(Combo upgrades + health meter upgrades make you unstoppable)

Wish the told you what required to get platinums
(Had to look it up online)

19,000+ combo on all 13 levels (just need 12 levels for trophy requirement)
Emblem collection had to be around 85-90% of the entire level
Time limit is 20 minutes or under for the first 4, then 35 minutes for last 8, and last stage battle under 20 minutes
Challenges can be done on easy after beating game, but I did all of them on Hard, wasn't that detrimental.

Enjoyed it, Noir had it's moments of frustration, but you picked up on patrol routes after playing 1-2 replays for the trophy requirements

Loved
Deadpool
stage of openness,
Carnage
for the ridiculous amount of baddies, and last stage (Kick-Ass Moments for all 4 universes)

I LOL'd hard @ Madame Webs reaction to Peter Porker: Spider-Ham

Amir0x

Banned
Adam Prime said:
I think the fact that this game is one of the best Spider-Man offerings would make it 'remarkable' enough for fans. Spider-Man has a lot of fans... but I guess this game really needs an Arkham Asylum game for even it's own fan base to notice.

I heard a lot of people complaining about the dialog and the voice acting, I for one have chuckled at Spider-Man's quips enough time to say that I'm enjoying it. It's no Nathan Drake, but I think it's pretty darn good.

To me, Spider-Man 2 is way better. For the swinging mechanic alone. Spider-Man without decent swinging is a Spider-Man game that could use serious work. And the swinging in this game kiiiinda sucks.

Also, being "one of the best Spider-Man offerings" is like being "one of the best Bush cabinet members."

I found this Spider-Man game to be the funniest, though. I liked Spider-Man's line about never seeing someone turn on a truck before :lol

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Amir0x said:
To me, Spider-Man 2 is way better. For the swinging mechanic alone. Spider-Man without decent swinging is a Spider-Man game that could use serious work. And the swinging in this game kiiiinda sucks.

Also, being "one of the best Spider-Man offerings" is like being "one of the best Bush cabinet members."

I found this Spider-Man game to be the funniest, though. I liked Spider-Man's line about never seeing someone turn on a truck before :lol

Swinging is great in Spider-Man 2 agreed, but this game didn't really "need" an excellent swinging mechanic since it was all mostly linear. I thought what this game needed, it had, and that was a great "zip line" mechanic to get you around the levels quickly. Since this game wasn't open world there weren't too many "free swinging" sections in the game that made it cumbersome. I thought the "press R2 to go HERE" is working quite well in this game. I just completed Act I and haven't seen all the levels yet, but I have no complaints thus far.

Hopefully Activsion will FINALLY let a developer reiterate on a game instead of giving it to someone new. I'd love to see a sequel open-world/Spider-Man 2 style game. Just do Shattered Dimensions 2 and include four new dimensions. I think this game builds a lot and could do for a great second game.

Amir0x

Banned
Adam Prime said:
Swinging is great in Spider-Man 2 agreed, but this game didn't really "need" an excellent swinging mechanic since it was all mostly linear. I thought what this game needed, it had, and that was a great "zip line" mechanic to get you around the levels quickly. Since this game wasn't open world there weren't too many "free swinging" sections in the game that made it cumbersome. I thought the "press R2 to go HERE" is working quite well in this game. I just completed Act I and haven't seen all the levels yet, but I have no complaints thus far.

That's the problem - I hated the extremely arbitrary way the game decided to limit when and how I could use my swinging. It's completely ridiculous at all times. I mentioned specific examples already in this thread, but things like this constantly take me out of the game, make me frustrated and just generally annoy the shit out of me.

One moment I'm swinging happily across town, the next I have to
wait for Kraven to shoot a small tree across a two foot gap to proceed.
It's so annoying.

I mean, yeah the combat is also really kind of shallow and not fun, but it's the swinging that killed the game for me. Why do I walk across a bridge
dodging trucks
instead of just elegantly swinging over it like freakin' Spider-Man?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Amir0x said:
That's the problem - I hated the extremely arbitrary way the game decided to limit when and how I could use my swinging. It's completely ridiculous at all times. I mentioned specific examples already in this thread, but things like this constantly take me out of the game, make me frustrated and just generally annoy the shit out of me.

One moment I'm swinging happily across town, the next I have to
wait for Kraven to shoot a small tree across a two foot gap to proceed.
It's so annoying.

I mean, yeah the combat is also really kind of shallow and not fun, but it's the swinging that killed the game for me. Why do I walk across a bridge
dodging trucks
instead of just elegantly swinging over it like freakin' Spider-Man?

Haha, see to me that is some nit picky details of the game's design. I think the "gamey" elements just took you out of the character and bothered you a lot more than it does me, and I totally understand that.

I am more willing to accept "out of character" game design than most people probably. I thought the combat was about as shallow as God of War honestly, mash and mix two different attack buttons. Whatever, it's stylized enough to make it interesting to watch and there's enough mixture of enemies to keep you on your toes.

I recently read Playstation mags review for this game. Here's a quote from the review.

But the worse levels by far: 2099. Some unfiltered selections from our notes: Spazzy. Too bright. Annoying. Little visual clarity, hard to decipher what's going on. Eyesore. Garish and gaudy. Who the f$%k is shooting me? Too much happening, none of it fun.

Do reviewers just makes shit up so they can't give a game a higher score? Too bright? What the hell type of complaint is that. I found the 2099 levels to be my favorite in the game.

Finished both the PS3 version and the DS version in the last couple days. I had a great time with both. The ending of the PS3 version really delivered.

For the DS version I can only think of a few minuses:
- Like all Griptonite games, too short. Like, this was longer than Web of Shadows, but I wish it were twice as long.
- That touch screen mini-game was annoying.
- The tutorial really didn't explain dashing well. I still don't really understand it well.

Next time make it longer, guys. Otherwise, stay the course. There's a big gaping hole for Metroidvania games now that IGA's been dumped into the ocean. Please keep filling it.

For the PS3 version:
- Arbitrary limits on abilities. I know why they're there, but they still suck.
- The Noir levels were easily the weakest. Very much lacking in funny, and the gameplay was just a little too half-assed.
- Having the character automatically go to the next area without warning (and no turning back) in a game with collectibles is a no-no.
- Little bit of weird glitchiness here and there.
- How you guys going to top this premise for the next game? Good luck. :p

I'm seriously excited to see where Beenox goes next with this. For a first effort, this is fucking stunning. The love of the source material shines through so brightly it elevates the whole game. Oh, and not hard to tell the guys at Beenox's favourite Spidey, haha.

P.S. I want Dan Gilvezan back in every game from now on. Every. Game.

JoeyX

Neo Member
I like this game, but I think that had WoS not had it's horrible lack of polish it would have been a better game.

It's like they succeeded at making a bad Spiderman game work here. Shattered Dimensions is great but doesn't even try to include Spideys basic abilities. Web swinging is terrible and invisible walls/ceilings should be a no-no! The whol web-zipping onto things makes accuracy easier but mastery impossible.

I hope they do a two sided take next time. Open world segments with levels for boss segments. It works well but lacks open-world spidey charm.

All the different styles were cool too. As it was 4 approaches it shook things up a bit. Stealth, slowdown, heaps of enemies then style was fun.

They made a great game out of a limited idea. Great work goes a long way for even bad ideas.

Effect

Spike said:
Finished the Wii version a couple of days ago, and I really liked it alot. Yes, it has its flaws, but it is still the best Spidey game I've played in a long, long time. Oh, and the Wii version is Spectacular (get it). ;)

Excelsior!

What are the controls like? Can you list some of them?

Bebpo

Banned
Hey, I got this as a gift today on PS3 and it doesn't work.

When I put the game in my PS3 disc drive makes a ton of noise like it's trying to read it but it can't and it either freezes at the logo screen or skips and freezes during the marvel video logo.

I took the disc out and put in other games to see if it was the blu-ray drive, but all other games read fine.

Has there been any word about if there were some bad batches of it on PS3? Or if, like GTAIV, it's incompatible with some older PS3s? (mine's launch 20gig)

Top Bottom