• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

I used to be a really aggressive roller. I became more cautious over time but never really got close to the point where I am now. It's a relatively recent phenomenon. No idea what triggered the change in me.
image.php

No idea at all.

Why is it an issue when you have Suction Bombs? =P

He's the best Sentry out of all of ChargerGAF IMO. So there you go. Fun to play against, honestly.
He has the honor of being the only person in Splatoon who has gotten me so frustrated I turned off my Wii U mid-match.

EDIT: Publicly I blamed lag but deep down inside I knew that the real reason he frustrated me is because he exposed how shitty I was. lol

Bulbasaur

Banned
I enjoy getting home from work and just putting my feet up and trying to get my rank up. I get so many DC's though i think I'm C right now. It's very disparaging!

Nico_D

Japanese S-lag teams one after the another. Wonder what happened...

I was shooting this one guy with Double Squelcher, shot and shot and he wouldn't die. He had three main defense ups and three subs.

Best part being, matchmaking paired us again with them right after that.

Japanese S-lag teams one after the another. Wonder what happened...

I was shooting this one guy with Double Squelcher, shot and shot and he wouldn't die. He had three main defense ups and three subs.

Best part being, matchmaking paired us again with them right after that.

Yeah, that was not pleasant. Not at all.

Regiruler

Anyone have any tips on how to get out of danger with the Slosher? Like when a firefight has broken out and you're suddenly standing in a bit of enemy ink.

I always instinctively point downward to do the splatdashing away (like with guns) but the splats are so slow and I get run down. Is this just a weapon that has to be played cautiously with zoning?
Use your burst bombs

With some weapons it can't be helped, but they usually have range to compensate.

He has the honor of being the only person in Splatoon who has gotten me so frustrated I turned off my Wii U mid-match.

EDIT: Publicly I blamed lag but deep down inside I knew that the real reason he frustrated me is because he exposed how shitty I was. lol
Oooooh, that's what you were talking about that one day.

The animations in this game are just great.

TheJoRu

Remind me not to play in the morning (Europe-time) ever again. It's primetime for the Japanese, and they're kicking my arse so hard.

Rize_21

You guys got lucky with your last batch of snails?
Spyke gave me almost everytime double subs, and got me some nice stealth goggles.
dcstealthgoggles3ks0w.jpg

I don't think we have played together in a long time. Hope this weekend it can be rectified.

The last time I remember playing you as a Charger was when I was using the Squiffer at the mall. I don't know exactly how long ago that was. Maybe a month or so ago?

The most recent time was maybe a week ago when I was messing around with the Sploosh. It was Port and Walleye IIRC. I successfuly placed a beakon and had it absorb a shot from you at Port one time. =D

Speaking of port...

Port + Bluefin was possibly the worst rotation to test the Dynamo on and I never want to see such a garbage rotation again. I somehow ended up with a nice vibe meter from that nonsense but still... *salt*

WorldStar

Banned
Got a question for other aerospray users

Do you jump constantly when spreading ink? My own tests suggest you get a wider and longer ink spread if you're jumping, but I've watched both in game and YouTube and aerospray users seem to not jump when spraying

Am I alone in doing this? Am I doing it wrong?

WVW69iSC0OwYM82sI-

I wonder if using these shoes over ink resistance is worth it? I have all the available ones but i'm not sure since i'm not a huge fan of the nuke green tentatek shoes and they're the only ones I can think of that have an affinity towards ink recovery.

Heng

Remind me not to play in the morning (Europe-time) ever again. It's primetime for the Japanese, and they're kicking my arse so hard.
I think I'd prefer playing in a lobby full of japanese players. Today, I've realize that majority of the English named players do not know how to play ranked bsttles. I'm willing to play in lag than with a team who has no idea how to play.

Got a question for other aerospray users

Do you jump constantly when spreading ink? My own tests suggest you get a wider and longer ink spread if you're jumping, but I've watched both in game and YouTube and aerospray users seem to not jump when spraying

Am I alone in doing this? Am I doing it wrong?
Yes, jumping does make your shots spread more (and make your aim inaccurate). Aerosprays tend not to jump because their weapon already spreads well so you'd make yourself an easy target. Also I think jumping and shooting is slower than shooting and walking for an aerospray, but I haven't tested it out.

Ansatz

The ranking system is flawed, it's too easy to maintain/get to A+ and then join lobbies with S players. I was watching closely one of my teammates play because he looked dodgy based on some of the decisions he made during the match. I wasn't surprised to see he had 1-12 in stats on tower control with a long ranged weapon! Jeesus. It's very painful to play right now.

Hahaha again a 1-10 player in my team. They have no sense of strategy, and these are the people supposedly equal to me. I got the openning 2 kills and pushed the tower to their side on kelp dome, but the other 3 fuck up against the remaining 2.

StAidan

WVW69iSC0OwYM82sI-

I wonder if using these shoes over ink resistance is worth it? I have all the available ones but i'm not sure since i'm not a huge fan of the nuke green tentatek shoes and they're the only ones I can think of that have an affinity towards ink recovery.

I usually wear Quick Respawn mains on both shoes and shirt for ranked, and save my Ink Resistance shoes for turf war. I don't think Quick Respawn makes a major difference in turf war battle outcomes most of the time.

Top Bottom