• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

Kazerei

Banned
While playing this morning I noticed that there is a silenced shotgun. I think I will silently shotgun everyone in the face from now.

OMG how did I miss this. I tried it out and it's fucking amazing guys. With slugs for ammo can silently kill a fully-armored enemy in 3-4 shots. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Does anyone know what the benefit is of the little feathers on the Stealth Nanofiber suit? Having extra material poking out like that seems like it would increase noise rather than make you quieter, as well as potentially getting caught on the environment. Yeah, yeah, it's a game, I get it.

Ciastek3214

Elias Toufexis may have a bit of a one dimensional voice, but it sure is bad ass. Great character and great acting by him, very different style of character than in Deus Ex.

He seemed like a comic relief to me, I loved going to him after every mission to see him take the shit Fisher has on him.

Gaz_RB

He seemed like a comic relief to me, I loved going to him after every mission to see him take the shit Fisher has on him.

Right? I'm upset cause I missed a lot of the dialogue, and now I can't go back without resetting all my progress.

Kobin better unofficially join 4th Echelon in the next one.

Ciastek3214

Right? I'm upset cause I missed a lot of the dialogue, and now I can't go back without resetting all my progress.

Kobin better unofficially join 4th Echelon in the next one.

- "Fisher, remember how I saved your ass?"
- "We're still sending you to Gitma."
- "GODDAMNIT FISHER! YOU'RE A BUZZKILL! LET ME BE HAPPY ONCE IN MY LIFE, ASSHOLE!"

Bulbasaur

Banned
For Wii U players having issues finding online matches

1. Download Uplay app from eShop

2. Log into Uplay via app

3. Go to account settings and change your password

4. Now you can play with everyone!

For the new page:
To anyone looking to watch a walkthrough of the levels in Blacklist:
-Perfectionist Difficulty
-Ghost
-(no talking during V/O)
-fastest possible time
-Top-5 Leaderboard Scores:

...Then check out this guy called Centerstrain01, he's now my favorite Let's Player on Youtube.

Here is a playlist of his Perfectionist Ghost Walkthrough

"This will be a full Walkthrough on Perfectionist mode for Splinter Cell Blacklist. This will be complete stealth going for a ghost playthrough. I will show you how achieve the best scores and where all the little secrets are."

His Spies VS Mercs Playlist

I thouroughly enjoy watching his vids after I've passed through a certain level to see how i could improve and try to perfect his method/run and compare.. it's so addicting and he's such a perfectionist!

He also does Blind runs every so often (where he doesn't skip any cutscenes and you can see his reactions to things in realtime without any prior plotting and planning the level, quite unique to see both his playthoughs).

H2Yo

If you have been Ghosting through your entire SP campaign progress and start a co-op match and your team mate goes around killing people, do his/her kills count toward your stats?

How do you unlock all of Kobin's co-op missions? I only have one, Dead Coast, which was the DLC mission I believe.

Edit: I guess you have to do some single player, lame

That's unfortunate. Sorry about that.. Maybe I was just lucky?

Ok, well what DOES seem to work, is enabling DMZ on your router. For the first time, people were joining my lobby (normally, it would just remain empty). Unfortunately, the Blacklist servers became unavailable right when I was about to start the game.

ALL WII U PLAYERS SHOULD TRY THIS!

Bulbasaur

Banned
Ok, well what DOES seem to work, is enabling DMZ on your router. For the first time, people were joining my lobby (normally, it would just remain empty). Unfortunately, the Blacklist servers became unavailable right when I was about to start the game.

ALL WII U PLAYERS SHOULD TRY THIS!

One would one go about doing that? I'm not tech literate in the slightest.

XAL

Anyone need someone to run through the co-op missions? (preferably ghost-style collecting all of the dead drops and whatnot at minimum normal difficulty)

Every time I go into matchmaking for co-op partners they are afk or run around shooting things badly.

Uplay + Steam: XAL53

Grisby

Just got finished with some more campaign missions. On the second disc and I just finished the infamous
fps
sequence. I honestly didn't think it was that bad. Janky as hell but I got through it with only killing 4 or 5 dudes. Didn't even fire my gun.

Don't know if anyone else in this thread has seen the show but I'm catching up on that Cinemax series Strike Back (season 2) and it's really complimenting this game quite nicely.

Sojgat

Swiss Embassy gets really hard after wave 16 playing solo. I hate the drone guys so much.

Edit:

Just got finished with some more campaign missions. On the second disc and I just finished the infamous
fps
sequence. I honestly didn't think it was that bad. Janky as hell but I got through it with only killing 4 or 5 dudes. Didn't even fire my gun.

Don't know if anyone else in this thread has seen the show but I'm catching up on that Cinemax series Strike Back (season 2) and it's really complimenting this game quite nicely.

LOL this is exactly what I did this morning, watched the latest episode, then played some Charlie missions.

iNvid02

having more fun in the bitesized coop missions than i did with the story, surprisingly good.

any dlc info? would be down for some new coop stuff

If you have been Ghosting through your entire SP campaign progress and start a co-op match and your team mate goes around killing people, do his/her kills count toward your stats?

It only counts the SP, and only Sam at that. You can play the side missions like Gears if you want to, and it doesn't matter for the achievement.

not sure where shotgun is approprriate, shouldn't you already be in melee killing range when thats effective?

On harder difficulties, enemies have an annoying habit of denying melee attacks if they see you. Armored mooks can't be meleed from the front at all, although using the shotgun against them doesn't work very well either.

Does anyone know what the benefit is of the little feathers on the Stealth Nanofiber suit? Having extra material poking out like that seems like it would increase noise rather than make you quieter, as well as potentially getting caught on the environment. Yeah, yeah, it's a game, I get it.

Pretty sure it's there to break up your outline. Kinda a stream-lined minimalist ghillie suit.

Or at least that's what I think.

More co-op tonight. The Briggs missions are fantastic. Whereas the Grim missions are short, but dense. The Briggs missions are long combinations of different areas, each with their own flavor. In the same mission you can be outside in daylight against dogs, then inside against cameras and drones. Some are flat, some are extremely vertical. Others are no detection and then others are eliminate everyone.

So good.

Top Bottom