• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steroyd said:
A shame Darker than Black didn't have a 2nd season.

hourou_musuko_wandering_son_04_chib.jpg

It did. It just wasn't animated.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
nJBCo.jpg
rtt0e.jpg

Card Captor Sakura Episode 05:
Sakura helping people with their possessed stuffed animal problems~! That shop owner lady must have felt she was going nuts with all her toys returning all the time, but Sakura is on the job! First Tomoyo just has to talk up shop keeper lady while she investigates of course, until the damn card breaks through the window trying to get away. The damn thing is being a bitch but becomes the bearer of it's own downfall after becoming a giant and falling over. Another card captured another film made, and we can all have fun watching Sakura knock over a magazine rack on accident.

Jesus, you guys tore uchip a new one while I was asleep. Leave the poor guy alone :/

Relix said:
I am in the mood for anime... What's the best current show available? (Winter and Spring '11). Remember... I hate moe. With a passion. Anything else can be acceptable.

Madoka (very good for someone that hates moe), X-men, Sket Dance, Toriko (anti-moe), Kaiji (also anti-moe), Tiger and Bunny, Deadman Wonderland when it airs, Blue Exorcist when it airs. Lots of good stuff this season.

duckroll said:
Man, what the fuck is with this season. X-men, Hanasaku Iroha, Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera. That's 3 shows so far which cover completely different sorts of art style, genre, and appeal, and they're ALL good shows so far. What is happening?! noitaminA hasn't even STARTED, and there are still shows which have not aired yet! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

being fair its just 1 episode so far, so i wouldn't be so quick to judge...

but they all have potential.

Cwarrior

Toriko ep1(x one piece)

*stomach rumble*
am hungrey now :(
going to go out get some bbq chicken

love the music being played when toriko attacking knock out cola bear

Uchip

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Jesus, you guys tore uchip a new one while I was asleep. Leave the poor guy alone :/

Madoka (very good for someone that hates moe), X-men, Sket Dance, Toriko (anti-moe), Kaiji (also anti-moe), Tiger and Bunny, Deadman Wonderland when it airs, Blue Exorcist when it airs. Lots of good stuff this season.

lmao i dont mind

duckroll

Full staff credits for Blood-C are out.

Director: Tsutomu Mizushima
Original Concept: Production IG/CLAMP
Story/ Original Character Design: CLAMP
Original Concept Supervision: Junichi Fujisaku
Series Composition: Nanase Ohkawa (CLAMP)
Script: Nanase Ohkawa, Junichi Fujisaku
Animation Character Design: Kazuchika Kise
Animation Director: Takayuki Goto
Art Director: Hiromasa Ogura (Ogura Kobo)
Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
Editor: Junichi Uematsu
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
Sound Production: Glovision
Music: Naoki Sato
Animation Production: Production IG

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
cosmicblizzard said:
Were you the one that didn't think Gintama was funny? Can't remember who posted what last night. If so, it might not be for you.
Yeah that was me, but I wouldn't take it as meaning much. Like 90% of Gintama's season 2 opener was based around changes to characters, and it was the first episode of the series I watched.

I'll probably try most stuff this season just for fun, but Sket Dance looked pretty bland from the straight description (though I understand it's supposed to get shaken up a little a few episodes in). If some people like it though it's worth at least trying out to me.

Dance In My Blood said:
Yeah that was me, but I wouldn't take it as meaning much. Like 90% of Gintama's season 2 opener was based around changes to characters, and it was the first episode of the series I watched.

I'll probably try most stuff this season just for fun, but Sket Dance looked pretty bland from the straight description (though I understand it's supposed to get shaken up a little a few episodes in). If some people like it though it's worth at least trying out to me.

The description makes it seem like a subdued slice of life comedy when it's really pretty wacky. I haven't read the manga past chapter 3 though, so I couldn't tell you just how much things get shaken up. Apparently the backstories are pretty crazy.

Steroyd

cosmicblizzard said:
The description makes it seem like a subdued slice of life comedy when it's really pretty wacky. I haven't read the manga past chapter 3 though, so I couldn't tell you just how much things get shaken up. Apparently the backstories are pretty crazy.

Yeah the backstories are pretty nuts, but I'm not sure Sket dance would come off as a wacky comedy if they do all three backstories in a small number of episodes it'd turn into a straight up drama.

its slice of life with sprinkles of drama stuff imo.

InfiniteNine said:
Rori Ana Little Anal Collection

smh

Jex

I know I'm posting in the anime thread when I can drop a completely crazy sounding post and have no-one even comment on it.

duckroll

It's important to note that based on the staff, Blood-C really *is* Production IG + CLAMP. P-IG is providing much bigger guns for the production than Blood+, and CLAMP is actually writing and designing the series. Really interesting.

duckroll said:
It's important to note that based on the staff, Blood-C really *is* Production IG + CLAMP. P-IG is providing much bigger guns for the production than Blood+, and CLAMP is actually writing and designing the series. Really interesting.

that picture really shows it imo.

flawfuls

30 year old virgin thing

Wow they made the god of sex a bishie as opposed to a girl like every other anime/manga with this exact same concept does. Looking at the ED he even gets a shouta too! Other than that though it wasn't good at all.

Sofuteni

In the back of my mind I was hoping that this would be a real sports manga, but it's not. It's just a fanservicey comedy, not that I'm surprised.

duckroll

Infinite Justice said:
that picture really shows it imo.

Well it's one thing for them to create character designs for a series that they're just contracted for (see Code Geass), and another thing for a brand new anime project to be actually written by CLAMP. Ohgawa is handling both series composition and script writing, which is basically a first for CLAMP working on an original anime which is not based on one of their manga works.

X-Men 1:
Wow, you guys weren't trolling, that actually was pretty good. They did a good job at making the cast feel in character, and the show looked really cool, too. The first episode was mostly set up, but it all worked pretty well, and I appreciated that there were some more lighthearted moments to the episode.

This just makes me sad that there was never a second season for Wolverine and the X-Men, though. :(

Instro

flawfuls said:
30 year old virgin thing

Wow they made the god of sex a bishie as opposed to a girl like every other anime/manga with this exact same concept does. Looking at the ED he even gets a shouta too! Other than that though it wasn't good at all.

The censorship was pretty lolworthy.

Steroyd

30 year old virgin thing

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, no.

Didn't feel the funny through all of it, and the amount of censoring (the words), what was the whole point of this show existing.

Jex

cosmicblizzard said:
Which one? The one about duckroll and X-men?
Haha, not quite. Further proof of this threads strangeness.
KuwabaraTheMan said:
X-Men 1:
Wow, you guys weren't trolling, that actually was pretty good.
No one has ever trolled anyone in relation to any of the Marvel anime shows.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
M_Night said:
All the K-ON! and Madoka wars on the previous pages made me realize, how much I would love to see a K-ON spin-off, in which Kyubey contracts the girls and slowly destroys their joyful days.

I mean just imagine Yui in despair!
I'd watch it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
flawfuls said:
30 year old virgin thing

The best way to describe the first episode would be "mercifully short".

jman2050

M_Night said:
All the K-ON! and Madoka wars on the previous pages made me realize, how much I would love to see a K-ON spin-off, in which Kyubey contracts the girls and slowly destroys their joyful days.

I mean just imagine Yui in despair!

I'd definitely watch this.

Cwarrior

flawfuls said:
30 year old virgin thing

no clue what your talking about, but is that the real name of the anime?

Jex

Lafiel said:
Yep, i watched the full runs of pokemon seasons 1-3, dragon ball z, zoids, and digimon season 1 when i was younger, look how big of a weeaboo i am!
Well, at least I wasn't alone on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom