• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Health and Physical Education for 30-Year-Olds
Sex God is Best God. Creepy Fatty is Creepy. Pointless Censorships are Pointless.

That whole "Go ahead, stick it in my pooper" scene was hilarious. Will watch next episode. It's really stupid and mindless, but for 15 minutes, that's cool. Doesn't overstay its welcome.

Cwarrior

Initial D: First Stage ep1-2(funi dub)

omg everything about this is comedy gold, the cg, pop music and the epic lines.

Avoided watching this cause cg but this show really got me hocked.

Solune

Cwarrior said:
I see in yours you don't have the first hajime no ippo in there(did you not see it?)
He does, it's under Fighting Spirit. What I'm wondering is how could anyone not like Samurai Pizza Cats. That's like a treasure box of nostalgia there.

trejo

doomed1 said:
Oh right, forgot

Wandering Son 2
For some reason, I stopped watching after the first episode and didn't pick it back up. The first episode floored me with how impressive it was put together, and the second episode was no exception. The characters feel so organic and lovingly put together, and the pacing keeps me constantly leaning forward into the narrative. It's brilliant. Simply brilliant.
Dear lord, you were hounding on me for liking Madoka more than Wandering Son based on having seen one episode of the latter and none of the former? Wow.

Uchip

Banned
trejo said:
Dear lord, you were hounding on me for liking Madoka more than Wandering Son based on having seen one episode of the latter and none of the former? Wow.
I thought it was a joke post and he had already seen the whole thing?

Branduil

trejo said:
You don't need to actually watch anime when you have literary analysis on your side.

Jex

Fireball/Fireball CharmingI caught up with this whole series over a light meal.

It's pretty good.

Puns everywhere.

Uchip said:
so i marathon'd the first 6 episodes of trapeze
am i going to wake up sane?
Absolutely not. I was unsure of my sanity after the first episode alone.

And as long as we're posting lists, here's mine:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HosannaExcelsis

This should have everything I've seen aside from a few random episodes. I try to use the entire ranking scale, though there's not too much at the bottom since I tend not to watch shows I don't enjoy.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
54b6370f0a99d9c414d5139c9b8924f4967fcd05.jpg

I'm sorry, what?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
trejo said:
Oh no, I've already read a couple volumes of the manga, and what I saw from the first episode it was an excellent adaptation.

Uchip said:
man
whats with all the blood+ hate
shit was beautiful

It committed the worst sin a show can. It was boring. Quite how they managed to take the concept and turn it into one of the most boring shows possible is anybody's guess.

tiff

Banned
trejo said:
To be fair, Wandering Son is consistently excellent.

iavi

Uchip said:
man
whats with all the blood+ hate
shit was beautiful

Blood+ was goofy as fuck. Best thing to come from that series was the ability to crack on the main dude's younger brother. That was a running joke around my side of town for a while.

trejo said:
What the hell? Who doesn't? I'll tell you who. Terrorists. That's who.

Nah. Keep the cases. Display them proudly, even, but get yourself a few good dvd binders. It'll be like the world just cleaned itself up for you.

Dresden

tiff said:
To be fair, Wandering Son is consistently excellent.
It's still pretty odd to dog someone for preferring one show over another without being, well, up to date on them. Premature ejaculation.

trejo said:
What the hell? Who doesn't? I'll tell you who. Terrorists. That's who.
You guys are just missing out on the wonderful feeling you get when you open up the case for Halo Reach only to find Madden or something. It's like a Christmas present waiting to be uncovered every time you crack something open.

Dresden said:
It's still pretty odd to dog someone for preferring one show over another without being, well, up to date on it. Premature ejaculation.

Not to mention having not seen the other show.

Wandering Son is better, but I say that having seen all of it, and every episode that aired of Madoka.

Uchip

Banned
KuwabaraTheMan said:
It committed the worst sin a show can. It was boring. Quite how they managed to take the concept and turn it into one of the most boring shows possible is anybody's guess.

KuwabaraAV1.png

i imagined your avatar saying this and lold

Jex

KuwabaraTheMan said:
You have to screw something up or it wouldn't be an anime.

iavi

haha, doomed you're doomed, man. You're never going to hear the end of it. Did leave yourself real open though. tsk tsk.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Catching up on this thread after a day of school sure is hard work
---
(HK Haruhi movie Blu-ray)
InfiniteNine said:
Maybe they finally wised up and started stealing the tracks from fansubbers!
No, they just get professional translators better than any modern fansubbers! (I say modern because Quarkboy and many translators that do subs for legit releases used to be fansubbers)
(Summer Wars/Digimon)
Miri said:
One of mine did the exact same thing, lol, said the film was a carbon copy of Digimon movie, or something along those lines.
It really is pretty identical though. And the first two Digimon movies are better than Summer Wars.

trejo

Jexhius said:
Fireball/Fireball CharmingI caught up with this whole series over a light meal.

It's pretty good.

Puns everywhere.
Do you also want a fully poseable Drossel now? Cause I do.

Jex

Oniisama e...: Huh, I must have blinked and missed this scene, because I don't remember it at all:

naivako.jpg

Uchip

Banned
so let me get this straight
blood+ is boring
digimon movies > summer wars
and comparing a finished manga to an unfinished anime of totally different genres is acceptable?

im going to sleep
you guys are depressing

Articalys

Aigis said:
(Summer Wars/Digimon)

It really is pretty identical though. And the first two Digimon movies are better than Summer Wars.
I don't know if it was already mentioned or not and I'm not going back through the thread to look, but that makes it three movies Mamoru Hosoda has done with an epic punch.

iavi

Uchip said:
so let me get this straight
blood+ is boring
digimon movies > summer wars
and comparing a finished manga to an unfinished anime of totally different genres is acceptable?

im going to sleep
you guys are depressing

Yeah.
Dunno, haven't seen the former to know.
No.

Everything is in order over here.

Jex

Uchip said:
blood+ is boring
you guys are depressing
That's a pretty common opinion, you might want to avoid the internet if that comes as a shock to you.
Articalys said:
I don't know if it was already mentioned or not and I'm not going back through the thread to look, but that makes it three movies Mamoru Hosoda has done with an epic punch.
R0LmC.gif

Lafiel said:
Kannagi had some really AWESOME episodes, but it kind of fell apart at the end when it got all srs business.
That happens to every romantic comedy ever. Even Toradora. Even Hollywood films.

jman2050 said:
I'd never wish any of those to even the most ardent of K-On lovers.
A Little Snow Fairy Sugar is actually really good.

Bottle Fairies is just Muppet Babies.

Fuck Magical Meow Meow Taruto or whatever.

shintoki said:
More Honey and Clover bitching. How to sum up this show....
1zvpfmd.jpg
The ending really was great wasn't it

duckroll

I'll break down the Blood-C staff to explain what to expect.

How will it look?

Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (XXXHolic)
Original Character Design: CLAMP (XXXHolic)
Animation Character Design: Kazuchika Kise (XXXHolic)
Art Director: Hiromasa Ogura [Ogura Kobo] (XXXHolic)
Animation Production: Production IG (XXXHolic)

It will look like XXXHolic. In other words, pretty faithful visual adaptation of CLAMP's design.

How will it sound?

Music: Naoki Sato (Eureka 7, Sword of the Stranger)

The music will be awesome.

How will it animate?

Animation Director: Takayuki Goto (GitS:SAC, Moribito)
Editor: Junichi Uematsu (GitS:SAC, Moribito)
Animation Production: Production IG (GitS:SAC, Moribito)

Hopefully this means that it will animate as well as the more action packed Kamiyama P-IG shows. We'll need a trailer to be sure...

How will my brain leak out from my ears?

Original Concept: Production IG/CLAMP
Story/ Original Character Design: CLAMP
Original Concept Supervision: Junichi Fujisaku (Blood, Blood+, GitS:SAC, Real Drive)
Series Composition: Nanase Ohkawa [CLAMP]
Script: Nanase Ohkawa, Junichi Fujisaku (Blood, Blood+, GitS:SAC, Real Drive)

With CLAMP working so closely on a brand new original anime series not based on any of their manga for the first time ever, it will truly be something no one has seen before. Mix the potentially insane storytelling CLAMP can be known for along with the totally hit or miss Fujisaku who can write good scripts at one moment, and direct something totally worthless like Blood+ the next, and the result could be a story beyond our imagination.

Lolz.

trejo

Oh and you guys weren't kidding about the chick who plays Mari in 2.22. She does a bang up job.

I still prefer Maaya Sakamoto, though. <3

iavi

Metal Gear?! said:
That happens to every romantic comedy ever. Even Toradora. Even Hollywood films.

Hey, Toradora didn't fall apart at the end
it just wasn't paced as well as the rest of it.

Thought i was going to say something snippy, didn't you? psyche! I love toradora. One of the few romcoms I actually do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom