• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Last night got me rewatching CCS, up to episode 7 now. This'll be a fun way to pass the time partially until 'that show' airs.

trejo

duckroll said:
I'll break down the Blood-C staff to explain what to expect.

How will it look?

Director: Tsutomu Mizushima (XXXHolic)
Original Character Design: CLAMP (XXXHolic)
Animation Character Design: Kazuchika Kise (XXXHolic)
Art Director: Hiromasa Ogura [Ogura Kobo] (XXXHolic)
Animation Production: Production IG (XXXHolic)

It will look like XXXHolic. In other words, pretty faithful visual adaptation of CLAMP's design.
I expect nothing less than Jack Skellington caliber limbs.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm late (and i was asleep while it was going on) but here's my list guys http://myanimelist.net/animelist/lafiel !

duckroll said:
Man, what the fuck is with this season. X-men, Hanasaku Iroha, Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera. That's 3 shows so far which cover completely different sorts of art style, genre, and appeal, and they're ALL good shows so far. What is happening?! noitaminA hasn't even STARTED, and there are still shows which have not aired yet! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
So cruel.:(

With CLAMP working so closely on a brand new original anime series not based on any of their manga for the first time ever, it will truly be something no one has seen before. Mix the potentially insane storytelling CLAMP can be known for along with the totally hit or miss Fujisaku who can write good scripts at one moment, and direct something totally worthless like Blood+ the next, and the result could be a story beyond our imagination.
Will definitely watch it since it's CLAMP. Maybe it can be the next CODE GEASS?

so let me get this straight
blood+ is boring
digimon movies > summer wars
and comparing a finished manga to an unfinished anime of totally different genres is acceptable?

im going to sleep
you guys are depressing

Only thing that could be considered objective here..

duckroll

Lafiel said:
Will definitely watch it since it's CLAMP. Maybe it can be the next CODE GEASS?

If both CLAMP and Production IG really bring their A game to this, it will soooooooooo surpass Code Geass on every level. Sunrise is small time.

I presume you're talking about trolling, because I'm talking about trolling!

iavi

Uchip said:
good thing i dont take the internet seriously

Do you? I think you do, but don't realize that in thinking that you don't, you really do care what the others do and don't like.

On another note, is Sket Dance any good? I've been meaning to watch it, but Idk if I'm up for another shonen/comedy

Uchip

Banned
Miri said:
Do you? I think you do, but don't realize that in thinking that you don't, you really do.

nah its all fun and games really
the idea of grown european men watching subtitled animation featuring panty shots and uguu moments of underage girls is quite comical :p

Uchip

Banned
Hellsing321 said:
To be honest you're the first person I've seen with a positive opinion on Blood+.

thats funny because everyone irl (and outside gaf) that ive talked to loved it or at least liked it
its only coming to gaf that ive seen such a negative perspective

iavi

cosmicblizzard said:

Eh, I'll have to give it a go then.

Uchip said:
the idea of grown european men watching subtitled animation featuring panty shots and uguu moments of underage girls is quite comical :p

queue that comic, it can't be far behind.

Uchip said:
thats funny because everyone irl (and outside gaf) that ive talked to loved it or at least liked it

Unwritten rule of Anime-GAF. take something you don't care for and subtract your positivity towards it by 3. Only way into the monocle club.

Dresden

Uchip said:
I ain't euro, bro.

and u got a problem with the uguu?

HCf4R.gif

Jex

Uchip said:
You're surrounded by bad people.

I imagine that people with the correct opinion vastly outnumber the irregulars. Even if they don't know it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aoi Hana 1: So it was claimed that this was like, better than Wandering Son. It's not. Still good though.

Also, shiny hair. It started here.

Miri said:
On another note, is Sket Dance any good? I've been meaning to watch it, but Idk if I'm up for another shonen/comedy
Sure. I liked the first episode; it seems like a good high school comedy centered around appealingly eccentric characters and their antics as they try to solve other people's problems.

iavi

Uchip said:
more like i cant quite fathom the appeal

The fuck are you doing on this side of town then? This is where we rob bitches and say uguu while doing it. That's the appeal. The sense of fear it strikes into your enemy. The sense of superiority that you get watching them cower.

Uchip said:
Must be something in the water where you live. :p

tiff

Banned
Uchip said:
My life isn't funny at all actually.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
Damn, who said that? Was it firehawk12? :p

It's pleasant enough. Exists somewhere in that zone of surprisingly decent shoujo ai animu along with Simoun ('cuz most of that stuff sucks.)
I'm not sure how I feel about comparing Aoi Hana to Simoun, considering that Simoun has silly wincest.

(Although, I suppose Aoi Hana opens with the lead sleeping with her cousin... but in Japan, that's okay!)

icarus-daedelus said:
Twilight Q was a short-lived OVA series from the late 80s, inspired by The Twilight Zone, which seems to have existed to give young directors a chance to explore science fiction-y ideas in an episodic format. I watched the second episode, directed by Mamoru Oshii, which is as far as the series got - only two episodes were ever made, sadly.
Is the name meant to allude to The Twilight Zone?

jman2050

Guys, the moment you stop divorcing your internet discourse from your real life is the moment everything starts going down the shitter.

Be wary.

trejo

Miri said:
The fuck are you doing on this side of town then? This is where we rob bitches and say uguu while doing it. That's the appeal. The sense of fear it strikes into your enemy. The sense of superiority that you get watching them cower.
We also like boobies.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
I'm not sure how I feel about comparing Aoi Hana to Simoun, considering that Simoun has silly wincest.

(Although, I suppose Aoi Hana opens with the lead sleeping with her cousin... but in Japan, that's okay!)
Is there some classic firehawk12 comment lurking on the horizon out there, beyond the waves?

flawfuls

Jexhius said:
Aoi Hana 1: So it was claimed that this was like, better than Wandering Son. It's not. Still good though.

Also, shiny hair. It started here.

Who said it was better than Wandering Son? From what I've seen it's generally thought to be worse, but still good.

Dresden

flawfuls said:
Who said it was better than Wandering Son? From what I've seen it's generally thought to be worse, but still good.
I don't remember anyone saying that. It was mentioned (iirc) that if one liked Wandering Son, they should like Aoi Hana as well.

Jex

flawfuls said:
I think it was 7th, when I was discussing direction.

I mean, there aren't that many choices of possible Gaffer!
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Chaotic Century was amazing. I was never a fan of Zero, though.
This is where I sit as well. As I sit there, I clearly view it as the only correct stance.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
I don't remember anyone saying that. It was mentioned (iirc) that if one liked Wandering Son, they should like Aoi Hana as well.
Perhaps I'll pull a doomed1 and suggest that thematically, Aoi Hana is a better adaptation than Hourou Musuko. That's probably about as far as I'd go anyway.

Jex

Dresden said:
I found it -
7Th said:
I find it almost baffling that someone would be able to enjoy Wandering Son but not Aoi Hana; specially since Aoi Hana is probably the superior show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
flawfuls said:
Adachi did incest anime before it was popular.

http://i.imgur.com/IgThi.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
When he does it, it's classy!

[QUOTE=icarus-daedelus]The comparison is only there because they're both decent and they both have girls kissing each other. (The immense power of which can be harnessed to fly aircraft, naturally!)
[/QUOTE]
Aoi Hana is the Strike Witches of the Noise block!

[QUOTE]
Mmm hmm.
[/QUOTE]
Clever! Even if it only lasted 2 episodes...

trejo

icarus-daedelus said:
So, I just went and gave it a zero rating just to balance things out a bit. The description of that rating is pretty spot-on, too: "Worst ever, maybe useful as a sadistic torture device."
More like masochistic, in the case of you all.

Jex

flawfuls said:
Adachi did incest anime before it was popular.

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/IgThi.jpg[/IMG]
Tezuka did incest...wait, Tezuka did everything. Why even bother mentioning him?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dedication Through Light said:
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi ep 1
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljct03WvNG1qbxqfpo1_500.png[img]
I think Im hooked for it this season. It was pretty awesome and had me laughing alot, mainly because of the faces, like above, and the [url=http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljcswePepC1qbxqfpo1_500.png]passionate[/url] editor. Main character is so jaded too, easily likable though.[/QUOTE]
So is it like the OVA/Episode 0 where it's all "dude wants to sleep with the manager" or is that just an excuse for random hijinks about running a manga company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom