• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Dresden said:
http://i.imgur.com/QnBmjl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I lol'd but that doesnt answer my question as to who his opponent is at the end of ep.3. I guess its just someone he knows who hasnt been introduced yet.

Dresden

Instro said:
I lol'd but that doesnt answer my question as to who his opponent is at the end of ep.3. I guess its just someone he knows who hasnt been introduced yet.
I think he's the dude in the background, her boyfriend--who is not Mikuni as far as I know.

trejo

Jexhius said:
Eh, that stuff trends towards the repetitive. I'm more interested in the overall plot.
There's a plot? All I know is that they're spending waaay too much time on that stupid computer and not enough on anything else and that there are time travel shennanigans at work, somehow, for some reason or other, just because.

It's all just detracting from Daru going on rants about his 2D wives, Ferys being Ferys and other, more important topics.

Instro

Dresden said:
I think he's the dude in the background, her boyfriend--who is not Mikuni as far as I know.

The dude in the background has long brown hair. Dude at the end of ep.3 has short black hair. Two different people.

Also in ep.1 Mikuni mentions he has a date with "her". So I assumed hes her boyfriend.

zeroshiki

jman2050 said:
Okay I'm actually really close to defecting to Team Ano Hana after episode 3, but I still have to see exactly where they're going with this. It seems like they're just kinda meandering about with the plot with characters that we haven't really learned all that much about. They need to establish exactly what we should be wathcing this show for beyond the initial premise, if that makes any sense.

With that said, what's shown so far is interesting enough, so I'll keep watching until it gives me a reason not to.

*stares*

You will be cut down

Dresden said:
QnBmjl.jpg

Is that sub for the last pic legit? if so then damn

Dresden

Instro said:
The dude in the background has long brown hair. Dude at the end of ep.3 has short black hair. Two different people.

Also in ep.1 Mikuni mentions he has a date with "her". So I assumed hes her boyfriend.
Hmm, right. I don't like the idea of his friend being toots with Mikuni, though.

I'd guess that he's one of Kimimaro's teachers, then.

Jex

trejo said:
There's a plot? All I know is that they're spending waaay too much time on that stupid computer and not enough on anything else and that there are time travel shennanigans at work, somehow, for some reason or other, just because.
The computer moves the plot!

But like I said, they have no idea how to pace this adaptation from game to anime.

Instro

Infinite Justice said:
Is that sub for the last pic legit? if so then damn

Would be awesome if it was.

Dresden said:
Hmm, right. I don't like the idea of his friend being toots with Mikuni, though.

I'd guess that he's one of Kimimaro's teachers, then.

That was my guess.

Geneijin

Uchip said:
but I feel the need to add my 2cents :(
at least now everyone knows me and doesn't need to take it seriously
Not quite.

It doesn't absolve you of anything if you don't want to change your conduct when you're engaging in an argument. If you continue doing what you've been doing because you think you've stated yourself plainly now and think it's okay now to continue with what you've been accustomed to doing like derailing your own discussion (I'm referring to your laziness quote you've stated yourself exhibiting when you don't even want to start an argument in the first place) you've helped initiate when you're defending your opinion, then I say you have the wrong idea assuming you don't change habits like that. You shouldn't expect everyone to know your tendencies obviously nor think your responses will always not be taken seriously. Maybe here it might be fine since some people might recognize you, but on the gaming side for example? You do something similar here over there in a gaming thread, and they might not be as forgiving. It's why I stated in my last response you generally need to make your intentions clear and immediate because many of your responses have failed to represent your intentions ideally as you've wanted them to multiple times and aren't simply misunderstood because everyone hates you.

What gets you your bad rep is this mostly I'm assuming:

Its more that Im too lazy to respond to more than one thing in a post and have no interest in arguing about the intricacies of anime perversion. Thats why I try to change the subject to a more humorous one ;)
This wasn't the only time that happened. You've done that several times at least and each and every time you did, you pursue an argument and agree to initiate it. But you noticeably drift away from talking about the actual discussion with each further response you do that continues it. It's not only noticeable, it's self-evident in your first response you don't want to participate because you selectively choose to one or two points and ignore everything else that's been said. And you don't address what you've ignored either when you reply to that one point. It doesn't look like laziness then. It looks like you're uncompromising, ignorant, arrogant, and poor at arguing.

You don't have to agree with anyone: I'm not saying you should or have to. But if someone is questioning your stance or opinion, then substantiate it a bit and don't attack people's character when you feel offended. Attack the actual argument. You've done this as well when you slowly derail your ongoing discussion when defending your opinion and want to leave the argument (AND you don't stop the argument because you choose to continue it by not stating you want to stop or anything). Combine this with your laziness as you deem it, and it makes you look bad. Halt the argument yourself when it reaches a derogatory exercise against one another if it comes to that. Be the better person.

Your choice however you choose to interpret this.

mAcOdIn

zeroshiki said:
*stares*

You will be cut down
Don't listen to this shit jman, Team AnoHana's got your back, they can't do shit to you without going through us, provided you defect to us that is.

Also, Meatloaf is still an amazing musician,Bat out of Hell is still a great fucking album and everyone should listen to it right now.

Jex

cosmicblizzard said:
If a character's dialogue is good, I would say they're good characters.
I think good isn't a very useful word, as it doesn't convey anything. Perhaps it would be easier if I said that Denpa has fairly tired writing for fairly boring characters.

Steroyd

Higurashi - 01

Why the hell am I watching some moe cra- hey wait, why does she have those dead eyes, where did she get that machete from!? ((O_O))

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ano Hana 03: Still fantastic. Not much else to say honestly, its paced well, characters are good, and continues to be enjoyable.

trejo

Wait, didn't Duck once mention that the first defector on either side would be banned as a means to up the stakes or am I misremembering?

Jexhius said:
I think good isn't a very useful word, as it doesn't convey anything. Perhaps it would be easier if I said that Denpa has fairly tired writing for fairly boring characters.

And perhaps it would be useful if I said none of what the characters in Bakemono talked about made any sense to me nor did I find what did make sense interesting. I also did not like the animation style shifts or the subliminal messages.

With Denpa, the characters' wackiness at odds with the more serious tone works so much better than Bakemono's disjointed storytelling and dialogue. It helps that I like legitimately crazy characters more than kuuderes that think they're tsunderes and elementary schoolers with big backpacks. I also find what they're talking about much more relatable.

But hey, just my opinion. Do I need to explain myself more?

Geneijin

trejo said:
Wait, didn't Duck once mention that the first defector on either side would be banned as a means to up the stakes or am I misremembering?
Halycon suggested it. I don't know if duckroll agreed, lol

Dresden

Jexhius said:
Dun-dun-dunnn!

Nice catch.
Nah, it wasn't me, just a helpful random stranger.

Reading about all the speculation surrounding the show is pretty swell, though. Either people are wanking over trivial details or Nakamura is fashioning something quite stunning.
I mean, none of it will pan out probably, but I can dream.

trejo said:
It was nice knowing you, jman.

trejo said:

Technically I already defected, though I didn't formally announce my defection.

I feel free to defect back if Hanasaku Iroha picks up, though.

Branduil said:
Higurashi's first arc is a true troll arc.

Ryukishi's narratives are one sustained troll from beginning to end.

Lain

InfiniteNine said:
People like Yui?
*Cathcing up after a 16 hours sleep*
Good people do. Yui is the reason K-ON! is so good. Well, Yui and Ritsu. Without Yui, you wouldn't have Ritsu following up with some stupid/amusing things. It is the Yui/Ritsu duo that mostly makes the show funny, without them it wouldn't be as fun to follow (for me) as it is.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Geneijin said:
I like the MAD and theme combination.

As to what's my favorite version of You is, it's definitely Shion's if I'm forced to pick one. What was yours again?

May icecream make a return this summer.
The same one, hahaha. I've always loved Shion's version the most.

icecream-tan why have you left me here on my own? ;___;

Instro

trejo said:

What you didn't know is that Duckroll is actually on Team Lotte.

Dresden said:
Yeah, I guess it's confirmed and all that:

pNFSnl.jpg

Ah I thought we had seen him before, I didnt want to look through the episodes to find him. Guess we solved that mystery then.

Going to reply to that long AnoHana (ep. 2) reply of mine, Geneijin? Maybe I should watch ep. 3 first though...

Solune said:
Everyone was fooled after playing FF2 Aka FF4

That's for the best, I don't think anyone should
I watched some of FFU, back then... I forget exactly how much though, but certainly not more than half before I dropped it because of how dull it was. I remember a bit about it though, such as that it had that Kaze guy's gun loading CG animation in every single episode, when he chose the special bullets that would defeat that episode's enemy. It was FFU's "animation sequence required in every episode" thing. (Also, the main characters were little kids, and the other character was an attractive woman. And the world was weird, giant mushrooms or something?). Yeah, bad show though.

True but i say they did it so it could be more profound.

What better way to show your crazy by having a crazy speech that goes on and on.
Profound? Seriously? You'd use a word like THAT to describe that speech? It would be hard for me to disagree more, it was so, so bad, from length to writing to content... it was boring, stupid, ridiculous (not in a good way), incredibly repetitive, eight or nine minutes too long (minimum), and more... just an endless scene of a stupid madman ranting. How in the world is a scene like that supposed to be a good idea? And plus of course as I also said, the actual plot is one of the most generic imaginable. It's like massive amounts of hype and exposition for a story with zero depth or complexity (evil psycho nazi wants to kill everything. There, that's all you need to know.). So bad.

I mean seriously, generic insane evil psycho villain #230549430 ranting about how evil he is scenes are one of film's most generic things. They do not have to go on for ten minutes. If you're going to spend that much time on a plot speech, it better actually be a good plot.

(Also of course, the actual Nazis, or modern-day neonazis, weren't completely insane and didn't make policy just for the fun of causing chaos, Hitler had goals. I know that using nazis as evil is just about the most sterotypical thing ever and that's fine, the Nazis were quite evil, but they weren't about just mindlessly causing as much chaos as possible as was that Major guy's goal.)

Infinite Justice said:
No, they were showing that he's completely off his rocker.
You could have done that in one tenth the amount of time.

mAcOdIn said:
Nah, I offered my only speculation, that the gang will get back together soon and solve mysteries with their ghost pal, which I expect to totally not happen in all actually.
I think that that's one of the least likely directions the show could go in. :)

(The harem action show of the season, by the way, is probably Dog Days. Very stupid stuff, but amusing just often enough for me to keep watching.

My favorite anime series so far this year, though, is probably .hack//Quantum... AnoHana is clearly good so far, but I want to see where it goes.)

Lol, the smile's to hide the pain, I know the feeling!
I don't need to be around people quite as much as a lot of people do (I like being by myself), but still that is somewhat true, yeah...

Well then don't tell me age is no excuse when you also don't play! If you were some 50 year old bad ass pitcher you could say it but as a fellow couch junkie? Tchk. But seriously, I hate watching sports, hate it, it's super boring. I don't mind playing them but I only have like 2 real honest to God friends, we all work different schedules and that's pretty much that.
We're misunderstanding eachother, I was talking about watching sports from the beginning pretty much, not playing, and didn't know you weren't until you mentioned it that way. I did play baseball and soccer in elementary school and junior high (and basketball for one year), but I never was too good at it so once you had to do tryouts and such, I stopped playing. Though I liked playing it as a kid though I've never found watching soccer too interesting, though of course that isn't true for baseball.

Ehh? I never said their taste varies, I said it sucks, therefore we can not be in agreement.
I was thinking that it's likely that there's probably something, sometime, that both was something you liked to some degree and something that was popular in Japan. It's unlikely that the answer truly is never...

I will, May 17th!
Good. :)

Right, she's awesome.
Indeed.

Who are these people? Yourself? Anyways, high standards are the right standards right? That's how I see it, it's not good to have low standards, it's not a compliment to say someone has low hygiene standards or low ethical standards so why should one have low entertainment standards? Obviously, the higher the better!

Geneijin

InfiniteNine said:
The same one, hahaha. I've always loved Shion's version the most.

icecream-tan why have you left me here on my own? ;___;
I don't really like the Umineko one. Sorry to say. I'm more partial to the Piano and Violin instrumental instead. And I have a guilty pleasure with the trance mix. It's not amazingly great or anything, but I like how the melody works for it so well. I blame Clannad.

I hope icecream is still a big IM fan.

A Black Falcon said:
Going to reply to that long AnoHana (ep. 2) reply of mine, Geneijin? Maybe I should watch ep. 3 first though...
Yeah, I will. Writing one really slowly

I haven't seen Episode 3 yet either. A bunch of other episodes I want to watch that aired today too.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Geneijin said:
I don't really like the Umineko one. Sorry to say. I'm more partial to the Piano and Violin instrumental instead. And I have a guilty pleasure with the trance mix. It's not amazingly great or anything, but I like how the melody works for it so well. I blame Clannad.
Yeah, the piano+violin one is really beautiful. The Umineko one isn't great but it has a certain charm to me. I figured they would have made some versions for the characters by now but I guess that isn't going to happen. :lol That trance one isn't too bad I'd make a few changes but it's pretty cool. People blame Clannad for everything!

Jex

Lain said:
*Cathcing up after a 16 hours sleep*
Good people do. Yui is the reason K-ON! is so good. Well, Yui and Ritsu. Without Yui, you wouldn't have Ritsu following up with some stupid/amusing things. It is the Yui/Ritsu duo that mostly makes the show funny, without them it wouldn't be as fun to follow (for me) as it is.
Then we have a whole episode about Yui and it's boring as heck.

Articalys

The pace of this thread has increased beyond my capability to properly respond to any of it or maintain a discussion, so here's a bunch of stuff that happened in the last few days.

First (very brief) trailer with actual content for the K-On! movie. Original story set during high school. First round of advance tickets already selling out. I'll laugh if it makes more than Shoushitsu.

For all five people who still care about Star Driver, Mizuno's image song Innocent Blue has been released. In both normal and Apprivoiser versions. Just waiting on Ami Koshimizu's J-pop karaoke now.

Not strictly anime (and I meant to make a Gaming thread but chickened out), Square Enix now has an iPhone game for Japanese players designed to teach you how to speak English -- through a dating sim. Even Americans can try it for $7, though I'm not sure what use it would have.

And that's about it for now. My top three this season has shifted to Denpa>AnoHana=Iroha and looks like it'll stay that way.

Jex

Geneijin said:
Then I'll defect to HanaIro and take that punishment if I can bear those sins the truth.
When the show of the season turns out to be Jewelpet Sunrise we're all going to look mighty silly.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Articalys said:
aming thread but chickened out), Square Enix now has an iPhone game for Japanese players designed to teach you how to speak English -- through a dating sim. Even Americans can try it for $7, though I'm not sure what use it would have.
Well I'd give it a shot if it was not on an iDevice. Sadly, I do not want one and this doesn't really justify a purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom