• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Higurashi - 05

It's gone back to a moe moe kyun episode although given what happened in episode 4 this love triangle will be delicious, there's one thing I'd like clarified did the show just jump to before the events of eps 1 - 4 or did the show do a semi retcon of itself?

And I take back what I said about the characters going all Yandere on Keiichi's ass without the dere.

TheOddOne

trejo said:
Ano Hana 3

Fuck, that was pretty damn good. Poppo is like, the chillest dude ever. What a bro.

And yeah, that Yukiatsu is giving me some very bad vibes. Dude's gotta be all sorts of messed up.

Menma was only really annoying at the start of the first episode. She's improved an awful lot since.
Ha, all of this would have been my review too! Also, could they stop getting Menma in the wierd sexual positions, its not needed and does nothing for the story. Kthkbye.

Steroyd said:
Higurashi - 05

It's gone back to a moe moe kyun episode although given what happened in episode 4 this love triangle will be delicious, there's one thing I'd like clarified did the show just jump to before the events of eps 1 - 4 or did the show do a semi retcon of itself?

And I take back what I said about the characters going all Yandere on Keiichi's ass without the dere.
It'll be made clear by the end of the season.

Cwarrior

Xmen ep04

Episode was decent, the story became a bit more interesting with second mutation stuff and am so happy that add another sound track after they abused main theme in such short time.

What really bugged me is that I couldn't see shit in the wolverine fight scene its so dark i had turn my monitor brightness up but even then i still couldn't tell what on earth was going on,

fight_cartoon.jpg

its so bad that might as well had cartoon smoke fight with arms flying

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Aria no Hidan 3
Brilliant on the opening. I love how Kinji just gets bailed on as soon as Aria shows. And a reprise of the Speed references! This time with an actual bus! Whoo! The way they're dragging these archetypes out to their AWESOME conclusion. The sniper chick's RIDICULOUS shot (that thing was damned near impossible to hit at speed with all the windage and shit), and Aria's ridiculous moves, hilarious. And now she apparently "doesn't have much time left". Brilliant! The "moe" piles up to critical camp levels! I eagerly await Kinji's next use of his boner powers!

Articalys said:
Crossovers!
That reminds me, here's fanart I found with a bunch of the lead female characters this season:

GxX5C.jpg

No Shiro :(

And where the fuck is Toriko 4!? It's almost been a week since it aired! asldkflasdkgaslkdgjsadlkfjlk

Edit: Oh wait, looks like it's out and it's been out. That damn One Piece special messed up the episode numbers.

Toriko 3:
Well, outside of more filler scenes with the obnoxious reporter, this episode was pretty good. It seems like they're not rushing as much as they were in the first two episodes, which is nice. So far this adaptation has been kind of mediocre, but this episode was better than the first two. We're finally getting to the point where the series becomes more exciting.

Beam said:
Seikon no Qwaser II Episode 1-2
Yeah, no. Bring back Mafuyu, Tomo and Katja. Why ignoring these important characters????

Edit:
Seikon no Qwaser II Episode 3
Now we´re talking.

I cant wait for DC of 3. The rays of light and fog have got to go in the first half of the episode.

Cwarrior

Articalys said:
Crossovers!
That reminds me, here's fanart I found with a bunch of the lead female characters this season:

GxX5C.jpg
whos the girl with the glass and that thing in her hand? its sad that those two and christina(from steingate) are the only none loli in there.

Silh

Moshidora 4

Pretty good episode. Really.

I was a little worried some of Minami's focus on the team would be lost to the other school clubs she agreed to manage at the end of the last episode (in fact, I'm surprised something actually came out of that).
Nikai completely turns that around though and helps apply it to the team.
Interested in seeing what the coach's strategy will be, probably the first time I'm fully looking forward to the next episode of this.

Joule

Cwarrior said:
whos the girl with the glass and that thing in her hand? its sad that those two and christina(from steingate) are the only none loli in there.
That's Sakuma from Yondemasu yo Azazel-san. That thing she's holding is Azazel.

The dog girl isn't a loli though.

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
So I'm listening to ANNCast (I know, I know...) talk about Tokyopop, and this Stu Levy fellow sounds like an amazing one man trainwreck.
Yeah, the dude killed Tokyopop.

They fire everyone and shut down their North American division, and he goes off to Japan to film a documentary.

Steroyd

Articalys said:
Going back through some of the OP and ED now that the full versions are gradually being released, how did I not know that Tiger & Bunny's ED was this awesome? Makes me maybe want to add that show to my roster.

Listened to the full version of Nichijou's OP of which I enjoyed the TV edit, lets just say the middle part is one hell of a clusterfuck.

Blue Exorcist 2:
Much better than the first episode, although parts of it felt a tad dragged out. Still, things are getting really interesting now and it seems like the real story is about to begin. I'll keep watching and see how it develops.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
So I'm listening to ANNCast (I know, I know...) talk about Tokyopop, and this Stu Levy fellow sounds like an amazing one man trainwreck.
Was this last week's episode with the Canadian girl?

I apologize for her, insomuch as Canadians aren't all retards who didn't know that a recession hit the world. :p

Geneijin

InfiniteNine said:
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 01-03:
That was so enjoyable I actually ended up watching the third episode too. Great show and I have no idea why people don't like Menma.
As excellent as always I9. You weren't annoyed with her at all in Episode 1?

So which show do you enjoy more, AnoHana or HanaIro? =P

Sage00 said:
Yeah, most of the Menma complaints seemed to disappear after ep 2 aired.

Also, I feel like it may be better for me to avoid official threads (or non-tagged-speculation in this thread) after seeing THAT confirmation about episode 3. Watch them now spend like 3-4 episodes hinting and building up to a reveal of Yukiatsu's issue when we've already got it figured out with the magic of screencaps (I imagine hints towards twists in stories are not written with the expectation people will meticulously go over the previous content until they figure it out), kind of ruin the fun. The horror of episodic media.
Screen grabs just make it easier to point out what I'm specifically referring to without you having to rewind your VHS. But to each their own on what they find to be a more enjoyable experience. I do admit it can ruins the fun, but it doesn't for me when watching AnoHana. I don't speculate for every show I watch. It really varies. But when I do, I like to speculate and see if it'll match the consistency of what has been revealed. For example, to see if how characters act are plausible given what is told. I get where you're coming from though.

Dresden said:
A quick check shows that openings for:

Steins;Gate
Nichijou
Oretachi
Sofutenni
Denpa Onna
Hoshizora

has come out.

C and Dog Days have also been out for a few weeks now.

Really all I'm missing from the ones I like is Kaiji, Toriko, and Enma-kun.

BluWacky

cosmicblizzard said:

Kaiji - out next month I think
Toriko - out 1st June
Enma-kun - out 11th May

The Kaiji OP may end up being available on iTunes, as the band's previous single is available internationally.

JKTrix

cosmicblizzard said:

Maybe you can use Yuusha-oh Tanjou! as a supplement until then.
hosannainexcelsis said:
As a long-time fan of mysteries and detectives, I can't resist starting this most famous (and only?) detective anime...
flawfuls said:
No there are several.
Can't just say that and not give examples!

(Click)
For something recent, decent and short.

Also you guys that are really liking C should consider trying some of the Kamen Rider shows afterwards.

Dresden

Aw, TWGOKgaf:

*0.6%(--.-%) 04/11 25:30-26:00 TX* Kaminomi zo Shiru Sekai II (New)
I think it's safe to say that, since the show won't sell much either, there won't be a third season. No Yui GOiDou arc... no drumaiden... makes me sad.

Highschool of the Dead OVA

:lol Even the Satou brothers weren't perverted enough to do a beach episode in the manga. Or maybe they were. I haven't been keeping up with the manga recently. Komuro is one lucky guy. All those fine ladies trying to jump his bones.

Dresden said:
Aw, TWGOKgaf:

I think it's safe to say that, since the show won't sell much either, there won't be a third season. No Yui GOiDou arc... no drumaiden... makes me sad.
No surprise after the first season got bomba ratings. At least the manga is still popular.

Hellsing321 said:
Highschool of the Dead OVA

:lol Even the Satou brothers weren't perverted enough to do a beach episode in the manga. Or maybe they were. I haven't been keeping up with the manga recently. Komuro is one lucky guy. All those fine ladies trying to jump his bones.

No surprise after the first season got bomba ratings. At least the manga is still popular.
He should have stocked up on condoms.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Sure, It'd be nice to have more people to talk about animu than Kagarin on IRC.
Geneijin said:
As excellent as always I9. You weren't annoyed with her at all in Episode 1?

So which show do you enjoy more, AnoHana or HanaIro? =P
Not at all!

AnoHana.

Uchip

Banned
dororon 4
really have to switch your brain off for this show
im not even really sure what was happening in that scene (rape?)
also undecided on yuki being attractive or not-the art style confuses me

Go_Ly_Dow

[C] 3

That clown guy is creepy as hell. :/

The shows still got my interest and I'm looking forward to the battles. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

Rektash

I would like an IRC channel. The only thing I see that could be a HUGE problem (at least for me) is that I hate getting spoiled and IRC channels have always been doing a good job in spoiling me.

Also it has to be on some cool oldschool network like enterthegame :>.

BluWacky

JKTrix said:
Also you guys that are really liking C should consider trying some of the Kamen Rider shows afterwards.

Really? Are they thinly veiled economics allegories with basic ethical philosophy too? Because that's what I was enjoying about episode 1... and having watched the old Saban Masked Rider I am confused at the similarities except for the occasional lightsaber :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom