• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

C 3

I'm starting to think 12 episodes is not gonna feel like enough for this show. For all its ugliness it's still very interesting.

Crakatak187 said:
He should have stocked up on condoms.
They're gonna have to repopulate at some point so no need for those silly things.

An IRC channel? Haven't used IRC in years but sure, why not?

X-Frame

So I watched Sekirei on Netflix and besides feeling incredibly awkward during the nudity scenes, I actually liked the show. A lot of funny moments and the fight scenes can be cool.

Then I watched Season 2 in Japanese with subs (like the dub better) and am eagerly awaiting Season 3.

trejo

X-Frame said:
So I watched Sekirei on Netflix and besides feeling incredibly awkward during the nudity scenes, I actually liked the show. A lot of funny moments and the fight scenes can be cool.

Then I watched Season 2 in Japanese with subs (like the dub better) and am eagerly awaiting Season 3.
Sounds like Samurai Girls might be for you. Maybe then ABF will have someone to discuss the show with.

Steroyd

Articalys said:
Sometimes a movie is released whose title subtly hints at the type of content it will provide.

This is not one of those times.

Man, Funimation, you can sure be really weird with your live-action licensing choices.

The story follows a battle between a team of strippers and a zombie army at a countryside strip club.

They're not even trying.
rofl.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
First it's IRC, then skype, then we're all huddled in front of our webcams watching I9 try out cosplay outfits.

X-Frame

trejo said:
Sounds like Samurai Girls might be for you. Maybe then ABF will have someone to discuss the show with.
YouTube'd quickly .. ehh, not sure if I'm interested.

I also really liked Claymore until the weird ass ending, so more like that. Girls kicking ass is always fun to watch - real or anime.

Rektash

Ok guys we need consent on this. If you guys want IRC say so, otherwise someone start a Skype chat. If you want IRC I can set up a channel on enterthegame.

trejo

Halycon said:
First it's IRC, then skype, then we're all huddled in front of our webcams watching I9 try out cosplay outfits.
Fuck yeah, I'm in.

X-Frame said:
YouTube'd quickly .. ehh, not sure if I'm interested.

I also really liked Claymore until the weird ass ending, so more like that. Girls kicking ass is always fun to watch - real or anime.
Does it have to be fantasy? If not, then Black Lagoon is an absolute must. I guess Seirei No Moribito also fits in that category and it has the added benefit of having one of the strongest female protagonists ever and being a genuinely good show.

JKTrix

Skype's too personal. Also I hate it. I vote IRC.
BluWacky said:
Really? Are they thinly veiled economics allegories with basic ethical philosophy too? Because that's what I was enjoying about episode 1... and having watched the old Saban Masked Rider I am confused at the similarities except for the occasional lightsaber :p
Kamen Rider is a 40 year old franchise, and while I haven't seen them all I'm sure there is at least one that gets into that stuff :p

Rektash

I will post it here. Currently waiting for the #etg crew to register the channel.

Ok I can do PMs too, but I think it wouldn't be bad for it to be posted here.

Rektash said:
I will post it here. Currently waiting for the #etg crew to register the channel.

Ok I can do PMs too, but I think it wouldn't be bad for it to be posted here.
Eh post it here as well. No reason for it to be a secret clubhouse.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Infernodash said:
I would be down with an irc channel, I don't understand why it would need to be private, though.
From what I've seen random lurkers will come into public chats and go "GAF SUCKS" or spam. It'd probably be better to avoid that but I'm not sure if people check out AnimeGAF too much.

Paprikka

There's a tag you can use to hide something so it can't be seen unless you quote it, if you're just looking to make sure people on the forums can see it. I think it's [email="channelgoeshere"] [/email]

mAcOdIn

God damnit, Denpa 3, thought finding your cousin attractive wasn't edgy enough so you had to do this shit with the aunt now too?

But now I know how Erio lost her memory.

We know the main and his aunt have met before, she probably molested him, Erio probably heard and ran, after months of being on the run she was found and her mom broke her arm as punishment, now she's blocked out the memories and blamed them on aliens.

InfiniteNine said:
From what I've seen random lurkers will come into public chats and go "GAF SUCKS" or spam. It'd probably be better to avoid that but I'm not sure if people check out AnimeGAF too much.

Okay, that makes sense. Whichever way you guys choose, I'd like to be a part of it. Thanks in advance.

Joe Molotov

mAcOdIn said:
God damnit, Denpa 3, thought finding your cousin attractive wasn't edgy enough so you had to do this shit with the aunt now too?

We know the main and his aunt have met before, she probably molested him, Erio probably heard and ran, after months of being on the run she was found and her mom broke her arm as punishment, now she's blocked out the memories and blamed them on aliens.

Damn, shit's getting dark.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
InfiniteNine said:
How dare you say I'm a lurker!

mAcOdIn said:

That doesn't make any sense, unless you are being funny

mAcOdIn

slopeslider said:
That doesn't make any sense, unless you are being funny
It makes tons of sense.

We know the mother's, well, not picky with men.

The futon muffles Erio's voice right, so it's logical to assume that it muffles sounds the other direction, shit, just today I had to sleep with my pillow on top of me because they were doing renovations, so what if instead of the futon being a method to protect her that she originally started doing it so she didn't have to hear the lecherous sounds coming from the guest room? It doesn't even need to be the main, could be any guy.

Actually, I'm sure it's all bullshit

Sadly, I went down this route because I was like "that's not how that conversation would have gone down with me!" Then I realized the conversation I envisioned wasn't anything-safe and tried to forget it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a better note, Nausicaa and Millennium Actress arrived in the mail today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom