• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halycon said:
Our moe will blot out the sun.

229010_10150167144591646_685251645_7292998_3271146_n.jpg

Silh

Tiger & Bunny 5

Good Luck Mode! Yeah, I guess looking cool is important too. Had me laughing.

At this point I'm kind of sick of how Barnaby is towards Kotetsu. Not a bad episode though.

Moshidora 5

And so we finally learn why Minami hates baseball. Seems there was a reason for the boyish haircut she had when she was a kid, too. :(

These two need to get a room.

Lain

Moshidora 3
"We've put together the practice revision proposal... in this report" *takes out huge pile of paper while mantaining a serious expression* XD
That was a great scene, and it sums up why I'm still liking this show. There is an entertaining mood throughout it that strikes an odd balance between amusing and serious.

Geneijin

Instro said:
Id imagine its partly because there are a number of mods that frequent this thread, so most of the anime trolling happens elsewhere.
They'd have to be a dedicated to troll this thread constantly. I can only imagine the redundancy once they've exhausted their repertoire.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Ghost dynamics in Ano Hana are weird.
She can affect physical objects and push down Jintan, and Anaru felt her weight in the first episode. But when she tried to pull apart Anaru and Tsuruko, she was unable to. Plot convenient ghost mechanics indeed.
Actually, AnoHana's been consistent
with how much she can affect people physically. Physical objects are free reign. However, interacting with people is very limited. For example, in Episode 3 she did not push Jinta. She jumped on him as he was about to fall as he lost his balance. The camera shows this although it can be deceiving at first. Also notice how Menma wasn't able to pull Jinta at all when he wanted to run away from attending the BBQ. She tried to hold him in place. At best, Menma's presence is explained as the same sort of sensation Naruko experienced in Episode 1 when Menma hugged her, which I can't find the appropriate word to describe it at the moment. This also holds true when Menma couldn't move Naruko or Tsuruko apart at all during their argument.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's always awkward when you make a pop culture reference/meme and someone doesn't get it.

mAcOdIn

faridmon said:
Oh, no. It wasn't all this silly. Lets go to this butanic garden where I can find my love of my live and clear those silly obsticals.

The whole Anime was about Satire and making fun of the whole cliche which is the reason why they included in it in the 1st series. This feels like a damn clicheed one that doesn't recognise the whole point of the series.

It feels like another set of people are working on it and they just don't get it. We have another Gunslinger Girls 2 situation here...
Dude, it's just like the second half of the first season, seriously. I think you read too much into the show to think it was some grand satire, I think the author just thought the shit was funny and went with it. It was all downhill once she touched Mariya's junk and Ryuken made her grand entrance against the seaweed covered dog with bad ass music. That said, this latest episode has Kanako on trial! Matsurika's a Phoenix Wright parody, sans the hairdo of course, so I liked it. They're also playing with more SZS dark styled presentations now.

trejo

Blue Exorcist 3

"Oh look, your teacher is here!"

Don'tbethebrotherdon'tbethebrotherdon'tbethebrother.

Godfuckingdammit.

Haly

Zero misquoted I think.

I have no idea how that happens.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Nichijou 5
Man, Professor and Robot are the best... Professor Nyan~ was so adorable. :3
Another great episode. Wonderful absurdist humor of a subtle variety. Ridiculous, but not so far fetched as to be unrelateable.

SOOOOOOOOOO awesome. :D

Blue Exorcist 3

Just as I thought from the preview, this is giving me a major Soul Eater vibe. That is a very good thing. Not a huge fan of the brother right now, but the classmates look like they could be fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hellsing321 said:
I think it'll happen. The DO-RAMA is too good to resist.
They've had three opportunities to do dorama... it's just not that kind of show.

Well, unless they do tone whiplast half-way in and it turns out that Ohana needs to pilot a mech in order to save the universe.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
They've had three opportunities to do dorama... it's just not that kind of show.

Well, unless they do tone whiplast half-way in and it turns out that Ohana needs to pilot a mech in order to save the universe.

I'm actually confident they're doing something with Ohana-Minko-Tohru. Most likely it will be a misunderstanding but they can go the love square route if they wanted.

Haly

firehawk12 said:
That would definitely make the show more engaging.

trejo

cosmicblizzard said:
Blue Exorcist 3

Just as I thought from the preview, this is giving me a major Soul Eater vibe. That is a very good thing. Not a huge fan of the brother right now, but the classmates look like they could be fun.
What you talking about? He's so super duper smart and handsome and he wants to be a doctor and he's tall, too! It's like, woah. So cool. I wanna be like him.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
I'm actually confident they're doing something with Ohana-Minko-Tohru. Most likely it will be a misunderstanding but they can go the love square route if they wanted.
Yeah, I said earlier that it will be a herpderpdaaaww misunderstanding. Everything they've done so far indicates that this show will be the happy-go-lucky show that, say, Aria was.

Halycon said:
That would definitely make the show more engaging.
Eh, you guys and your angst. That's what AnoHana is for. :lol

Haly

They could also do Tohru x Ko for maximum do-rama.

And then the girls can have a threesome.

Geneijin

Dedication Through Light said:
Thats it? I may give Blood-C a watch simply because its CLAMP, but, darn nothing like Sekaiichi. Hopefully Seikon is still continuing or at least some really good pvs come out to lure me in. At least I will have English Angel Beats, Highschool of the Dead (it was on sale for like over 50% off!), and FMA Brotherhood to keep me occupied through this dry season.

Fall cant get here fast enough, halfway through Bakuman and I already want that second season now.
Uta no Prince-sama will cover that for me. Gotta have those bishounens.

Edit: If you think that's not a lot compare to last summer, I don't know what else to tell you. Plenty to watch unlike last year from now!

Geneijin said:
Uta no Prince-sama will cover that for me. Gotta have those bishounens.

Edit: If you think that's not a lot compare to last summer, I don't know what else to tell you. Plenty to watch unlike last year from now!

http://i.imgur.com/Y71VWl.jpg[/IM][/url][/QUOTE]

True, I had actually dropped quite a few of those last summer, sticking with Legend of the Legendary Heroes the longest, gave up on Digimon Xros Wars which seemed to lose that "spark" which made Tamers and Data Squad exciting.

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
Nichijou 5
Man, Professor and Robot are the best... Professor Nyan~ was so adorable. :3
Another great episode. Wonderful absurdist humor of a subtle variety. Ridiculous, but not so far fetched as to be unrelateable.

SOOOOOOOOOO awesome. :D

so basically the funniest part was the "cool guy" drawings right?
there is nothing subtle about this anime!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Uchip said:
so basically the funniest part was the "cool guy" drawings right?
there is nothing subtle about this anime!
I meant that most of the comedy is about small discrepancies being made a big deal of, such as the idea that Yukko isn't a good artist at all or the "spiritualist" is a sham. Both very normal situations, brought to their extreme by the reactions to them. In Cromartie High School, it's about the LARGE AND GLARING discrepancies, such as the literal Gorilla in the room or the classmate being a robot. Therefore, as the discrepancies in Nichijou are more subtle, Nichijou works on a more subtle absurdist humor principle.

Lain

Moshidora 4 and 5 were both great episodes, 5 more so than 4 for me for various reasons, some of which are stupid things like the face Minami makes when she enters Yuki's room and finds Yunosuke there, and the face she makes when Yuki teases her
Yuki and Minami need to get together

Digimon Xros Wars 34:
Lopmon, nuuu. :( Seeing OmegaShoutmon and ZeekGreymon digixros together was freaking amazing. I figured they would eventually combine evolution and digixros together, but I didn't think it would happen this soon. I figured that was being saved for closer to the end of the series. I think it's a shame that NeoVamdemon didn't last a bit longer, though. He was a pretty good villain, and I would have liked to see more Vampire Land.

zeroshiki

Lain said:
Moshidora 4 and 5 were both great episodes, 5 more so than 4 for me for various reasons, some of which are stupid things like the face Minami makes when she enters Yuki's room and finds Yunosuke there, and the face she makes when Yuki teases her
Yuki and Minami need to get together

I nearly fell asleep during the business crap in episode 4. It was really tiresome.

Izayoi

Banned
Astarotte no Omocha 1, 2, 3, & 4. Horrendously cute. Dat twist (even though you could see it coming from a mile away). Definitely interested in seeing more.

Silh

zeroshiki said:
I nearly fell asleep during the business crap in episode 4. It was really tiresome.
I thought 4 was the best episode so far. Everything came together so nicely, a lot better than I expected. I also think this is where the show finally found its bearings.

zeroshiki

Silh said:
I thought 4 was the best episode so far. It was neat seeing everything come together. I also think this is where the show finally found its bearings.

They never explained why they thought it was a good idea to apply Drucker to the baseball team. Suddenly, ALL the managers have copies of the damn book and are getting ideas from it and shoehorning it into running the baseball team. My brain hurt trying to understand the leap of logic it took to get to those points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom