• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
duckroll said:
It's not that it is "likely". Because that's exactly what has happened. Madoka's timeslot on MBS has already been replaced by A Channel (starting today iirc), and after A Channel. Dororon airs right after A Channel. They already announced that Madoka would stop broadcasting and stop streaming. That wasn't a bullshit delay announcement. It was an announcement that the timeslot was effectively over.

Until there is an official announcement about when the remaining episodes will air in a special slot, I'm just going to assume it will air either in June, just before AT-X is due to air ep10, or AT-X will only run 10 episodes, and it won't be seen until the DVD/BDs hit in September. :p
This whole post is terrifying, but the bolded especially has to be the scariest thing I have ever read in the past hour. I don't think I have the will to continue living.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
InfiniteNine said:
I don't know what these animes are!
pissOff2.gif

Risette

A Good Citizen
zeroshiki said:
Mononoke had the weird art style. I totally understand people not liking it.
It's "weird" but it's not the type of weird that would keep someone from enjoying it like say, Kemonozume. It looks like a painting in anime form.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
InfiniteNine said:
To me good anime is stuff I enjoy. So definitions!

That's just silly, good anime are anime that are good.

Aigis said:
It's "weird" but it's not the type of weird that would keep someone from enjoying it like say, Kemonozume. It looks like a painting in anime form.

Who can resist the charms of Kemonozume? Only totally uncool people I'd imagine.

chair.gif

Geneijin

doomed1 said:
Right, well it took a bit of canoodling with google docs to get the two pictures I have in there (had to get rid of the captions), but go ahead and take a look. I'm pretty proud of it (I should be, I got a flying A+ on it), but I should really re-write a few of the parts to provide a better perspective on alternate interpretations. Keep in mind, my tag applies to this quite a bit (which is funny because my theory teacher was flamingly gay). Word count is about 2500. Enjoy~ (and comment if you like)

Moé: White Knight Syndrome
"Instantly agreeable" - not sure why I got a chuckle out of that quote. Probably because I seldom use that definition of the word like that anymore.

If there is one thing I disagree with, it's what you've designated as the primary emotional response when moe-elements are involved. Ayu from Kanon 06 certainly elicits such a response of protectiveness (characteristic of Key anime characters to get that out of the way), but that's a subset of the moe element, not its primary function. Adoration would be more befitting considering love has various manifestations from friendship and camaraderie to kinship and brotherhood. I guess you could argue moe is primarily a feeling of protectiveness, but it doesn't rightfully denote the subjective quality of what is moe.

Take for example Japan's moe heroines of Winter 2011 (Source):

Charlotte Dunois (Infinite Stratos) - 740 (28.7%)
Victorique (Gosick) - 405 (15.7%)
Homura (Madoka Magica) - 306 (11.9%)

Which heroine exudes that feeling of moe which you've described as the primary emotional response in your paper?

Ah, whatever. Nice read!

Risette

A Good Citizen
Nonoriri said:
Who can resist the charms of Kemonozume? Only totally uncool people I'd imagine.

chair.gif
It's cool and very charming but you have to admit it'd turn off the casual anime watcher. :p

Of course, they are uncool.
zeroshiki said:
This makes no sense.

What grounds is it good on? Art? Animation? Story? All of which are subjective.
what

trejo

zeroshiki said:
This makes no sense.

What grounds is it good on? Art? Animation? Story? All of which are subjective.
That's easy. It's good on the grounds of wether I enjoy it or not.

Glad we cleared that one out!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Aigis said:
The art style certainly isn't the most in-accessible part of mononoke - it's probably the storytelling more than anything.

Aigis said:

I could actually get into Kemonozume unlike Mononoke. Still need to finish it though.

Aigis said:
It's cool and very charming but you have to admit it'd turn off the casual anime watcher. :p

Of course, they are uncool.

I'd be surprised if Monoke's art style wasn't a turnoff for the casual anime watcher.

tiff

Banned
trejo said:

but then you couldn't tell people they're wrong for liking a show you don't. a clear hole in your logic.

zeroshiki

trejo said:

But I... wha... bu...

This is exactly the feeling I got when I saw the last episode of Code Geass. Thanks for the nostalgia trip!

trejo

tiff said:
but then you couldn't tell people they're wrong for liking a show you don't. a clear hole in your logic.
My drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens! I throw logic out the window!

jman2050

Whelp, guess I can rewatch Azumanga Daioh to fill the Madoka-sized hole in my heart.

And then rewatch it again.

And then again.

And then again.

And then the last episodes still won't be out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom