• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 11 END

And so everything was resolved by Tensai's best girl powers. That's our Tensai!

This felt like a fairly satisfying cutoff point for this season, but it certainly left me feeling like I wanted more. A quick look suggests that the anime covered the first three of a total seven novels so far (eight if you count the Tensai spinoff), so it seems likely there's enough material for another season. Here's hoping we get one at some point.

Tensai is da best! <3

Taruranto

Why didn't they just use an emp on the NerveGear to disable all the electronics
So none of the NerveGear engineers wondered why there was a goddamned high-power capacitor in the unit (the only thing that could 'fry' a brain quicker than you could force it off)
None of the NerveGear schematics were read to determine with the worlds greatest minds how to stop the kill-signal from being sent/disabling the battery

So everyone's doing this hand to hand combat requiring a ping of 0 playing over public internet and latency is never an issue
Maybe Kirito was the best goddamned thing since sliced bread because he was the closest one to the Server?

So everyone knows who did it, and what game it is, yet the server is never siezed, and the dev team never made to push an update that grants God Mode to all players until they get the situation worked out

Because it's a self-insert fanfiction written by a 12 years old, jesus, why do you people even bother?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did you read that ludicrous light novel last night?
The problem with Reki Kawahara is that he just phones it in.

EDIT: In ragards to the NerveGear being sold, considering the number of different electrical standards in the world it would be basically impossible for such a product to even get on the market. It would have been thrown back in bloko's face and he'd be told to bugger off.

cnet128

Banned
If theres one thing Im not about anime its narrow minded or uninformed.

Well, I say "uninformed" mostly because most of your vocal hatred of the series seems to centre around the second arc, which you refuse to watch yourself. So I can only presume you're basing your opinions largely on the vitriolic criticisms of other people who hate on it.

Lurky

Well, I say "uninformed" mostly because most of your vocal hatred of the series seems to centre around the second arc, which you refuse to watch yourself. So I can only presume you're basing your opinions largely on the vitriolic criticisms of other people who hate on it.

I think most people were unable to get through the second arc.

Theonik

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 23-39
Kinda hype.
Armstrooooong.
Kinda surprised Hohenheim had a brother(?) Thought he'd actually be 'father'. Some really fantastic characterisation coming for him around there. I fully expect 'father' to be the one who brought alchemy while Hohenheim alkestry.

/XX/

Now that is a smile I would want to protect too, breaking away! Amazingly well established intro for the episode until the opening (a opening that felt it was made only for this moment), and after that set-up just the joy of playing... it all comes together just for this match. Nice touch with how
the old generation amicably reunites at last after all the plot-lines they helped to spawn on their own
. History repeats itself but the spirit of the sport remains the same and all that, also while the distance time creates is always less than it seems to be.

And we right now proceed to wait for the soundtrack release! Great one to listen again on its own.

You'll enjoy the conclusion of his little character arc. :)
I did, I sure did... :'-)

The contagious passion of those two can make you regain a lost love, for sure.

Branduil

CMyBc7v.jpg

That episode was good though.

Why didn't they just use an emp on the NerveGear to disable all the electronics
The nervegear is sending signals directly to the brain , frying this system while active with an emp would mean frying the brain it's connected at.
So none of the NerveGear engineers wondered why there was a goddamned high-power capacitor in the unit (the only thing that could 'fry' a brain quicker than you could force it off)
Not many on kayaba team wondered since the device that actually kill is used for another purpose. Kayaba changed that device purpose to his own ends.
There are actually a lot of devices even in your own house that have limiters and could be harmfull if misused..The limiter that was supposed to prevent this was disabled by the creator of the device itself.
None of the NerveGear schematics were read to determine with the worlds greatest minds how to stop the kill-signal from being sent/disabling the battery
The nervegear was a company secret and the inventor , chief of staff, main designer and company director ( kayaba akihito ) disapeared with all the copies of the plans when he started SAO.
The blueprints certainly weren't shared or available to the public
So everyone's doing this hand to hand combat requiring a ping of 0 playing over public internet and latency is never an issue
Actually , latency and server time were part of the SAO gameplay as well since many players were exploiting those in order to gain advantage over some monster and bosses.
Also SAO is in the future and in the world SAO is, they just are on a better internet than we currently have.
Maybe Kirito was the best goddamned thing since sliced bread because he was the closest one to the Server?
No Kirito reaction time was calculated by the server over the number of kills on certain monsters.You have to actually play for the game to give the dual skill. it's just his innate hability at play . Besides he was just the best AMONG THE PLAYERS THAT WERE fighting on a regular basis.
So everyone knows who did it, and what game it is, yet the server is never siezed, and the dev team never made to push an update that grants God Mode to all players until they get the situation worked out

The server was seized , but they can't turn it off because past the " grace " period to move the bodies, any long time without connexion means death for the players.
Besides who would take responsability for who would die , if kayaba hakihito had another trap beside that one ? It would be a different story if that was just a couple of people trapped but it was 10k players across the country, harming the server would mean having the consensus of all of those famillies and that's unlikely.
Not to mention that the autorities could actually have access to the servers stats in real time , they weren't exactly in the dark about what was going on IN THE GAME, they just choose to not interfere.
So true , for me the best girl didn't win

cajunator

Banned

sorry Cnet, I like you but I cannot even give this show any respect. Ive seen a lot of bad anime but this is the worst kind of self insertion fantasy and coupled with it neglecting basically anything in the first part of the series I actually liked, I dont think theres anything left to salvage in the second part. I dont like the characters Suguha or that elf chick or Asuna. Yui is cute but thats about all. The MMO world they are in wasnt even that exciting to begin with. The whole show is just terrible imo.

cajunator

Banned
Shiki 01 - 03

Character designs in this fucking show suck ass, I mean look at this shit:

This fucking shit makes Higurashi look good in artstyle. It so damn annoying I don't even know if I can continue anymore, which is a shame because I've heard this was a nice horror anime.

Theres a pic somewhere detailing all the hair styles in this show. ITs pretty incredible.

Chariot

Lol What show is this?
Strike the Blood - a shitty anime by its own right. Just think Index in even worse.
Shiki 01 - 03

This fucking shit makes Higurashi look good in artstyle. It so damn annoying I don't even know if I can continue anymore, which is a shame because I've heard this was a nice horror anime.
Lol, yeah, characterdesign is weird, especially the hair, but you get used to it.

Gurren Lagann 23 - ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!!!

Oh now the show wants to try and make me give a crap about Rossiu. Sorry not happening. I was hoping that they would find Rossiu with
his brains blown out like he intended
. But nooooooooo. Instead
Simon saves him and after Kinon got friendzoned decided she would pull the crying act to get Rossiu to care about her.
Whatever they deserve each other.

Yoko's new outfit is..... something....

The back and forth with Viral was awesome.

Awesome speech at the end that is getting me super pumped for these final episodes.
Now that they left Rossiu behind on earth we will never have to see his ugly mug again.

Taruranto

Shiki 01 - 03

Watch it for the hairs!

hpWNEZV.jpg

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
All that hate for SAO...nothing new i guess.

Shiki 01 - 03

The wonderful world of Ryu Fujisaki. I love his manga, but damn, he sure enjoy making character with ridiculous hair, Please continue, the design might be offputting, but the show deliver.

NO SEMPAI , THIS IS OUR FIGHT

Sorry i must have blurted this on reflex !

*senpai has the worst luck imaginable and walks in on girl changing or falls on her for the millionth time you would think he would learn to knock and look where he is walking*

*what's her face walks in at the exact moment when he is still having an anime reaction of doing nothing*

SENPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI ECCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Thank you.

I can only hope so!

Fucking sweet I love watching horrible shows.

Strike the blood is not horrible , it's just VERY , VERY GENERIC
Strike the blood is some ok idea with an intresting setting , but EVERY ARC is similar in structure and you'll see a lot of repeats... it's not BAD , just average ... oh and it's lewd ...there is a number , a checklist that must be complete for each arc ..it's kinda crazy when you think about it.

At least the girls aren't that bad

Usagi Drop 05

*thinks about a certain comparison phoenix296 made about Kanon*
Sorry

Several important decisions gets made. And how young is
Rin's mother exactly? Looks younger than Daikichi... Oh, and she got a boyfriend? I see...

Lurky

Strike the blood is not horrible , it's just VERY , VERY GENERIC
Strike the blood is some ok idea with an intresting setting , but EVERY ARC is similar in structure and you'll see a lot of repeats... it's not BAD , just average ... oh and it's lewd ...there is a number , a checklist that must be complete for each arc ..it's kinda crazy when you think about it.

At least the girls aren't that bad

Well now I just don't want to watch it. At least there's lewd though so maybe I'll try.

Allrighty, time to watch some Baccano today. And perhaps some more Jojo to go along with it.

I'll be switching to the dub, as I just noticed Funimation has it up for free.

Gurren Lagann 23 - ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA!!!

Oh now the show wants to try and make me give a crap about Rossiu. Sorry not happening. I was hoping that they would find Rossiu with
his brains blown out like he intended
. But nooooooooo. Instead
Simon saves him and after Kinon got friendzoned decided she would pull the crying act to get Rossiu to care about her.
Whatever they deserve each other.

Yoko's new outfit is..... something....

The back and forth with Viral was awesome.

Awesome speech at the end that is getting me super pumped for these final episodes.
Now that they left Rossiu behind on earth we will never have to see his ugly mug again.

Row Row Fight the Power >>>>> Don't Lose your Way.

Come at me.

Acosta

This show brings me endless joy and confusion. Ive seen it several times and still trying to make sense of some things. Its probably ambiguous on purpose.

Yeah, at some moment I started to take it "as if" and enjoy the ride, probably the best option.

In other order of things I'm starting to enjoy more Ping Pong. My problem with it was that as a character driven series I really disliked the characters, so that was a problem. But I'm starting to see interesting things and some evolution on them, so it´s more entertaining.

I still hate the OP, sorry :(

Japan soccer game is going on right now.

So when exactly do they have a moment of inspiration where the power of friendship transforms into energy and they beat the opposing team due to the GREAT JAPANESE PRIDE.

No? That's not how it works irl?

Ping Pong - 11 END
This ended up being such a feel good, life-affirming story, and I loved it so, so much. The ensemble cast was expertly handled, each getting the chance to delve into why they play the sport and what they get out of it. Yet with all of the jumping around, it still retained its focus on the two leads and its fast, but never unwieldy pace. Yuasa's direction has had a tendency to fly off the handle in ways that I've let slide in the past, but in Ping Pong, it's always very controlled and supplementary to Taiyo Matsumoto's story. I really can't echo enough praise for this. I loved the ending. BD/OST WHEN

Ping Pong Episode 11 End

I hate to sound like a fanboy but it's only halfway through the year and I can't see anything surpassing this (it'd be nice to be surprised though).

Based Yuasa. Based Matsumoto.

I'd like to attribute that more to the quality of the actual show than how the rest of the year is looking. But yeah, I completely agree. lol

Mendrox

Dont know how to feel about the Wixoss Ending. Iam literally in a state of shock . Buut season two is confirmed for fall. Selector spread Wixoss :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom