• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've decided to put Shiki on hold unfortunately. The character designs are just too off-putting for me to watch the show without getting annoyed to the point where I start mocking every little thing internally.

Usagi Drop 05

*thinks about a certain comparison phoenix296 made about Kanon*
Sorry

Several important decisions gets made. And how young is
Rin's mother exactly? Looks younger than Daikichi... Oh, and she got a boyfriend? I see...

Which one?
Toothbrush one? If so it was more funny than traumatizing.

As for the mother...
I think you can make a guess based off what you've seen that Daikichi's grandfather is not actually Rin's father. I don't think it's ever explicitly said in the anime though.

Gurren Lagann 24 - Everyone is a BAKA!!!!

All of these guys are idiots. I say that in the most kind way possible. They are brave and likable idiots. I got scared for a sec there that
Darry and Gimmy were gonna bit the dust. Instead they wasted the brave throwaway characters
. Phew!

And I knew, I knew they would do
a mech within a mech within a mech
. This is approaching super duper crazy status.

And of course they were going to end on that cliffhanger. Last three episodes do not disappoint me!!!

Chariot

Yeah I've decided to put Shiki on hold unfortunately. The character designs are just too off-putting for me to watch the show without getting annoyed to the point where I start mocking every little thing internally.
That's sad. I almost dropped Shiki, too, not because of the hairstyles, but the slow progress. It needs some time, but when all hell breaks loose, all hell breaks loose.

Which one?
Toothbrush one? If so it was more funny than traumatizing.

As for the mother...
I think you can make a guess based off what you've seen that Daikichi's grandfather is not actually Rin's mother. I don't think it's ever explicitly said in the anime though.

Yes.

Uh... You mean Rin's father, right? ;P

I'm not sure what to believe, because, well... anime logic. Guess you've read the manga it's based on and it's explained there or something?

iGDsicYXwlkIC.gif

But SAO is SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

No seriously its flipping horrible....everything about it (apart form the animation) is just laughably bad. I will always hate it for ruining my sister's taste in anime.

Yes.

Uh... You mean Rin's father, right? ;P

I'm not sure what to believe, because, well... anime logic. Guess you've read the manga it's based on then or something?

Yep, brain fart and I just finished failing a LL song. :(

Also no, the manga doesn't exist. Don't even look up a synopsis. It will only bring despair.

Chaika The Coffin Princess 9

Nice character building episode for the main cast, Toru has his TARGIC back story to help explain his actions up to this point, and we get some possible insight to why Chaika lost her memories. The stuff with Gillette worked well to show his wavering convictions and it'll be interesting to see what happens when he and Chaika meet again.

cajunator

Banned
Japan soccer game is going on right now.

So when exactly do they have a moment of inspiration where the power of friendship transforms into energy and they beat the opposing team due to the GREAT JAPANESE PRIDE.

No? That's not how it works irl?

I dont see Makoto out there. Thats a big disadvantage.

Shiki and glass fleet really bring out the crazy designs. Inspirational really.

Chariot

But SAO is SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

No seriously its flipping horrible....everything about it (apart form the animation) is just laughably bad. I will always hate it for ruining my sister's taste in anime.
Almost a lightnovel title.
"Sword Art Online ruined my little sister's taste in anime, therefore I will always hate it"

Japan soccer game is going on right now.

So when exactly do they have a moment of inspiration where the power of friendship transforms into energy and they beat the opposing team due to the GREAT JAPANESE PRIDE.

No? That's not how it works irl?
You need to wait for the second half of the game :)
But the problem is that I need to know if the lewd is worth it. I need some gifs to convince me.
The lewd is worth it.Strike the blood does cover all the fetishes..it's not "to love ru " lewd , just lewd

Almost a lightnovel title.
"Sword Art Online ruined my little sister's taste in anime, therefore I will always hate it"
Every scar will be worth it when she'll be grown-up!

Just watched no game no life - 11
Twice

This episode was great.
Almost as good as when i was reading the books
.They did an awesome job with this ep.

Izuna = 10/10
jibril = 10/10
Shiro = 10/10
Steph = Steph

<Awesome>

jgminto

Ping Pong 11 End

What a show. Started tearing up when the song played through Smile and Peco's match.
The flash forward was a great way to finish the show too. Kazama and Smile becoming friends was a nice revelation. I would have liked more on Kong but it was good to know he found his groove with ping pong again.
It was definitely the smartest and most heartfelt show this season, though I think I enjoyed JoJo more from a pure entertainment perspective.

cnet128

Banned
selector infected WIXOSS 12 END

Well, that was quite the season finale. So many questions. I don't know how I'm going to survive the wait for selector spread WIXOSS in the autumn.

But I do know I'm thrilled that we're going to have another whole season of this =D

cajunator

Banned
You need to wait for the second half of the game :)

The lewd is worth it.Strike the blood does cover all the fetishes..it's not "to love ru " lewd , just lewd

Every scar will be worth it when she'll be grown-up!

That second half shounen sports comeback. Its practically unbeatable.

Just watched no game no life - 11
Twice

This episode was great.
Almost as good as when i was reading the books
.They did an awesome job with this ep.

Izuna = 10/10
jibril = 10/10
Shiro = 10/10
Steph = Steph

<Awesome>

Great ratings full agreement

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 1-12

I watched all this anime in one sitting because a friend wanted to watch it, I don't even consider myself a Neptunia fan, but I still found the anime to be a surprisingly decent for a short video game adaptation.

I was not expecting this anime to make me cry, but this scene was really fucking sad:

vlcsnap_439231825.png

P-ko!

Chariot

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 1-12

I watched all this anime in one sitting because a friend wanted to watch it, I don't even consider myself a Neptunia fan, but I still found the anime to be a surprisingly decent for a short video game adaptation.

I was not expecting this anime to make me cry, but this scene was really fucking sad:

http://s1.postimg.org/4nmxo9uxr/vlcsnap_439231825.png

P-ko!
Go, watch the OVA!

Chaika The Coffin PrinnnWHAAAAATTTTOOHHMMMYYYYGOOODDD

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Award for most out of nowhere fucked up imagery goes to this anime, GOD DAMN

I'm generally pretty good at guessing plot twist but I was not expecting everyone's favorite Dragon Loli to
Get fucking impaled in the head by a Giger esque monster

I was expecting, but still found really messed up, what happened to all the girls the Duke kidnapped
having them all be cut up and hung in a half dead state to feed their memories of pain to a magic weapon

And of course on a less messed up part of the scale we have more truth bombs from Layla who is as guessed revealed to be
another Chaika one who discovered the truth behind why the Chaikas were created
followed by Gilette manning the fuck up and
threatening to kill the commander if he would not stand down from a war that both sides seemed to want for unknown reasons

If you haven't been watching Chaika or stopped it's time to catch up shit got so real

cajunator

Banned
Is there some way to cryogenically freeze myself until end of the year when I can get the Sawa and Aki figures, CCS bluray and watch Sailor Moon ._.

Ayumi

Is there some way to cryogenically freeze myself until end of the year when I can get the Sawa and Aki figures, CCS bluray and watch Sailor Moon ._.
If we managed to get this close to a Sailor Moon reboot, I'm quite positive anything can happen.

Monster - End
Well... wow. That was one wild ride. Went into this knowing nothing, wound up loving it.
(Massive spoilers in spoiler tags time)
Ruhenheim was a great set piece.
Seeing Grimmer return was one of the most exciting moments for me and having him and Lunge buddy cop it up was alot of fun. Though it stung like hell when Grimmer eventually died. Though I think I lost the plot of how all the killing got started. It was Johann and Roberto's own planted gunmen right? It all kinda just escalated really quickly. Nina's sudden realization that she needs to forgive Johann seemed a bit contrived but made enough sense for her character. Franz Bonaparte being revealed to be a regretful shell of a man was a good twist given how they were setting him up as being essentially Satan.
That wasn't exactly how I was expecting the final episode to play out.
Everyone got their happy ending and moved on with their lives. Which isn't a bad thing because I liked all the characters and really wanted the best for them (except Eva, fuck Eva). Everything also seemed to just resolve itself a little too quick and cleanly which seemed a bit out of character for the series. Tenma's ultimate fate of joining the MSF is great and fit the character perfectly, glad he gets to live on doing what he loves.
Overall I liked the ending, even if it did seem a bit fast.
Fuck that final shot though. Don't leave me hanging with that, I want to know more. Aaaaaaagh ; _;

A+; would watch again.

EDIT: Oh one gripe before I forget:
In the end I felt like they didn't reveal enough about who Johann was as a person. His motivations and personality were incredibly flimsy and vague. Which makes the final scene all the more unclear as to what could happen next.

Gurren Lagann 25

Damn.......

If I have learned anything this episode it's that
Yoko's kiss is apparently the Kiss of Death
You will be missed, Kittan

Also the end, badass.

Monster - End
Well... wow. That was one wild ride. Went into this knowing nothing, wound up loving it.
(Massive spoilers in spoiler tags time)
Ruhenheim was a great set piece.
Seeing Grimmer return was one of the most exciting moments for me and having him and Lunge buddy cop it up was alot of fun. Though it stung like hell when Grimmer eventually died. Though I think I lost the plot of how all the killing got started. It was Johann and Roberto's own planted gunmen right? It all kinda just escalated really quickly. Nina's sudden realization that she needs to forgive Johann seemed a bit contrived but made enough sense for her character. Franz Bonaparte being revealed to be a regretful shell of a man was a good twist given how they were setting him up as being essentially Satan.
That wasn't exactly how I was expecting the final episode to play out.
Everyone got their happy ending and moved on with their lives. Which isn't a bad thing because I liked all the characters and really wanted the best for them (except Eva, fuck Eva). Everything also seemed to just resolve itself a little too quick and cleanly which seemed a bit out of character for the series. Tenma's ultimate fate of joining the MSF is great and fit the character perfectly, glad he gets to live on doing what he loves.
Overall I liked the ending, even if it did seem a bit fast.
Fuck that final shot though. Don't leave me hanging with that, I want to know more. Aaaaaaagh ; _;

A+; would watch again.

It makes my heart happy to see people watching and enjoying good anime.

Selector Infected WIXOSS 11
now to the Battle City Tournament Arc. Will Ruri win enough to become the king of games an eternal girl and get her wish granted. Does she defeat her friends to end this game of madness and then go on defeat the organizer of the tournament? Probably but it won't be revealed until the next episode

Bu... Bu...

That's it, I'm going to watch Captain Tsubasa. Fuck the World Cup.

(Technically they can still pass).

They need to beat Colombia and hope Cote d'Ivoire loses against Greece. So that's two things that aren't likely, but yes technically. Colombia is going in regardless though, I'm a happy panda.

I have no idea what to watch next now though. Any recommendations for something similar to Monster?

If you're talking about in quality, plenty.

If you're talking about similar in seriousness and universal appeal that isn't bogged down by anime tropes? Then not too many.

If you haven't though give Baccano a try. Another western-setting anime with little anime tropes and highly rated and loved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom