• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_me0s0uj5bg1ro8ba4o1_400.gif
:lol

Syrinx

Non Non Biyori 11

How did the teacher not die when they put the sleeping bag over her head? Wouldn't you suffocate?

Why would you even listen to the advice Natsumi gives? She's so thoroughly full of shit.

Articalys

Sales for June 9 - 15:

http://www.someanithing.com/?p=1567

...yeah, not a lot to see here. The first of three Robot Girls Z volumes barely manages to break the 1,000 mark.

Next week is gonna be crazy, with not one, not two, not three, not four, but five Spring series debuting on the charts. Love Live is going to absolutely devour everything else though.

Narag

Hyouka 11.5

Surprised this one seemed to not be as well regarded as the rest, maybe it's due to my fixation on Oreki's internal workings that caused me to enjoy it as much I did. I suppose I'm on team firehawk yet again here but this seemed like a natural epilogue to the last arc, dealing with Oreki being depressed by its falloutl and serving as a pivot for his characterization's descent.

Thought it was great he was put in a position where he's burdened by responsibility (his job) and was effectively segregated from his friends. Their attempt to draw him out of his shell by presenting a scenario only he could solve for them and his brief internal debate about it due to his compromised confidence resonated well with me. Directly telling him he's not himself was interesting as well as I don't think Oreki realized just how bad he was feeling, mistaking his depressed mentality for his usual disinterested cynicism and requiring a degree of external prodding to realize what was going on.

Wrapped up super nicely with that closing shot of him ready to get back to work.

Everytime I remind myself about how masterful Hyouka is I have hope about anime being saved.

And then I remember this

Ug7nV2b.gif

*cocks gun*

FUCK THE PAIN AWAY

*inserts in mouth*

FUH HE HAI AWAY

Kanon 16

Uguu x2
UPM 0.2

Ayu is overreacting about Akiko being sick. It appears that her own mother may have had problems with her health. Yuuichi spends the day with Shiori and demonstrates his terrible snow ball throwing skills. He is invited out at night by
Shiori's sister and is told that she will die soon due to her illness she has had since birth. It's Nagisa all over again!
Is it ever explained what illness Shiori has or did the writers make one up for story/drama?

The ED song is growing on me even though the animation during it is fairly simplistic.

No joke, when Syrinx said it was his birthday two days ago... I thought it was Hitokage :x

...So like, Happy Birthday Syrinx and R_Thanatos! May you have more "peaches"

Clov

The director of Hyouka is going to be doing Amagi Brilliant Park next. Curious to see how that turns out. I'm a pretty big Lucky Star fan, so I enjoy his more silly stuff too.

I can agree with that. But I'm also Ms. Unpopular Opinion, so.... yeah.

You're not alone, I really enjoyed Chuunibyou. Even the second season, which for the most part was silly fluff. I just loved the cast in it.

Syrinx

No joke, when Syrinx said it was his birthday two days ago... I thought it was Hitokage :x

...So like, Happy Birthday Syrinx and R_Thanatos! May you have more "peaches"

Gah, was so caught up in Pshyco's TTGL impressions that I forgot to wish a Happy B-day to people in here.

Happy birthday to Syrinx and R_Thanatos!

You guys forgot Thoraxes (what is it about September?)

Also "peaches"?

Rhapsody

Banned
Happy birthday to all those in the thread that have them today.

As for Chu2, I'm mixed on it. A lot of it was just weird typical KyoAni moe stuff. Some parts were funny though.

Best parts were Rikka's sister, pink haired girl, and Mori Summer Dekomori antics.
At least its EDs were neat

Clov

As for Chu2, I'm mixed on it. A lot of it was just weird typical KyoAni moe stuff. Some parts were funny though.

Best parts were Rikka's sister, pink haired girl, and Mori Summer Dekomori antics.
At least its EDs were neat

The stuff with Dekomori and Mori Summer pretty much made the show for me. Gave me plenty of laughs.

Puchimas!! 65

Always fun for budget ran out episodes.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 10

Not enough onii-sama~ in this episode.

Dog Days 01

MaMo gets his dream to now fight in a world where war is basically Ninja Warrior.

Atelier Escha & Logy 10-11

I appreciate they remembered they have a plot to go through.

I appreciate how ugly and terrible that CG boss was and the whole fight scene was.

I appreciate there's only one episode left of this crappy thing left to go.

Monogatari 10
Man, I'm really digging the Koyomi/Shinobu pairing. They just work so well together. I'm hoping that he retained the vampiric age-based immortality just so I can imagine the pairing coming true.

As for the episode, the end of the felt kind of sad, mainly because of how the Kiss-Shot of that timeline was finally able to go through and fulfill her suicide pact with the Koyomi of that timeline, abet several months late.

So today i'm older ..i almost didn't realise it ... where was my birthday email, NEOGAF ?

30 years old
:)

Happy birthday R_Thanatos!
.. Still 72 hours till mine

GUYS IT'S ALSO THORAXES' BIRTHDAY!
Thoraxes too

Syrinx

iavi

Space Battleship Yamamoto 1 & 2

The chemistry between the cast is impeccable, with the dry banter between the crew being hilarious at moments. I wasn't expecting that at all

Kanon 17

EDIT: forgot Uguu counter
Uguu x 2
UPM 0.5

Shiori finally returns to school after being absent since her very first day at the start of the year. She is looking for some normality in her daily life and she seems to have found it in Yuuichi-kun.
Kaori is trying to distance herself from Shiori as she knows Shiori will be dead soon. This is not the way you want your sister to remember you as she passes Kaori!
It seems Yuuichi is going to hatch a plan to get the sisters closer for Shiori's birthday. If anyone can do it, it's amazing harem protagonist!

Also, couldn't Yuuichi ask Mai to
use her healing powers on Shiori?
Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom