• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We really do get the shows that we, as a fandom, deserve.

If anyone ever asks you if you like anime, just say no.

edit: happpy birthday Thoraxes/R_Thanatos/Syrinx!

Dead

well not really...yet
wixoss sounds like it could be the name of a european pseudo-anime cartoon aimed at young girls, more than likely created in italy

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Endless Eight IV) S2 5
VLC-00010.png

There's a special place in hell for whoever wrote the scenario for Endless Eight.

Just say wait Kyon. Stop thinking and just say wait. For the love of God just end this for Nagato's sake!!!!

Rhapsody

Banned
The Melancoly of Haruhi Suzumiya (Endless Eight IV) S2 5

There's a special place in hell for whoever wrote the scenario for Endless Eight.

Just say wait Kyon. Stop thinking and just say wait. For the love of God just end this for Nagato's sake!!!!

It's funny that on the original source it's only one chapter lol

TUSR

Banned
The Melancoly of Haruhi Suzumiya (Endless Eight IV) S2 5

kyon-kun denwa

Parol's Future Island

FLjZNmL.jpg

Kameda delivered.

0F46NDZ.jpg

So did Studio Pablo.

What a fun short, filled with energetic animation and infectious charm. The plot is simple, clearly fashioned with an eye towards showiness in animation, yet works well. The whole thing embodies the spirit of an old Saturday morning cartoon, only flashier and more colorful. Unlike Little Witch Academia, this flows smoothly from scene to scene, feels perfectly self-contained, and doesn't outstrip the boundaries of the limited time frame. Bravo to Shin-ei.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Endless Eight V) S2 6

I can't....

I just fucking can't....

Put me out of my misery AnimeGAF. Go on pull the trigger. Go on! DO IT!!!

(Ironic that Kyon was looping and tracing around an 8 at the end of the episode. WTF at the end. Why did it
repeat like 5 times?
)

The Melancoly of Haruhi Suzumiya (Endless Eight V) S2 6

I can't....

I just fucking can't....

Put me out of my misery AnimeGAF. Go on pull the trigger. Go on! DO IT!!!

(Ironic that Kyon was looping and tracing around an 8 at the end of the episode. WTF at the end. Why did it
repeat like 5 times?
)

Almost there! Just two more! You can do it!

Shergal

Why don't you just skip to the last episode? There's literally no purpose in watching all of Endless Eight unless you're a gigantic staff whore.

Almost there! Just two more! You can do it!

So close that I mind as well finish it.

Why don't you just skip to the last episode? There's literally no purpose in watching all of Endless Eight unless you're a gigantic staff whore.

Well like I said above I am so close finishing it mind as well finish it out properly.

I forget but wasn't each episode literally redrawn each and every time?

Yup. And the characters wear different things each and every time.

Rhapsody

Banned
I remember putting Haruhi S2 on hold after 2 episodes of Endless Eight.

Marathoned it on my last day of summer vacation. School started on September ironically enough.

Worst way to end my vacation but I couldn't miss the opportunity.
I wonder how people received the Endless Eight while it was airing. I would be pissed if I had to wait a week just to see the same damn thing repeated from the previous episode.
It was annoying since everyone was waiting for Disappearance to be animated, and it never got adapted in that season lol

Dead

well not really...yet
I wonder how people received the Endless Eight while it was airing. I would be pissed if I had to wait a week just to see the same damn thing repeated from the previous episode.
I remember the reaction as it aired. I don't think any anime shitstorm has compared to that since, truly mind shattering stuff. It was fucking hilarious.

mankoto

Selector Infected WIXOSS 12 END
I... Um... Okay... What? I honestly don't agree with how it ended. It honestly just felt like another episode and on the scale of a season ender. It just felt off. It's nice to see a S2 coming so quickly though. There would've been quite a few unexplained things otherwise.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 11
Looks like shit will hit the fan next week based on the preview. Speaking of which, MAL said this would end at 11 and it obviously didn't (and it would've been weird if it did). Was it originally supposed to or something? Regardless, I really like this one a lot so I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Love Live! School Idol Project 10-13 END + OVA
I like how the party just crashes all at once but suddenly everything is back to normal at the end of it. And what exactly was the point to the OVA besides having an excuse to do another PV? All-in-all though, I enjoyed this quite a bit. I honestly went in expecting to be somewhat bored but I got the exact opposite. Go figure.

The iDOLM@STER 01-4
Watching Love Live somehow lead to this and I don't know why. Things would've been a lot more interesting if done in the same aspect as episode 1, but it's enjoyable nonetheless.

Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season 01-04
It's nice to see them with other Idol groups. Even if that might be the only real time they get to do it. And it wasn't nice of Nico to through her friends under the bus and call them "background dancers," for name's sake.

Dead

well not really...yet
We had finally gotten a Haruhi sequel man. Finally....
the fact they aired it while mixing in the original series was just :lol

One of the biggest troll jobs ever, surely nothing else compares (well, Geass R2 comes close)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Happy birthday to Thoraxes, Syrinx and R_Thanatos!

@PshycoNinja
Just one more, just one more!

=================================

Stardust Crusader 11

Oh yeah, that's what Jojo all about, nonsense fighting with comedy. And Polnaref forget to buy that kid a caramel.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gochiusa 11

http://i.imgur.com/3lvuXWb.png

- Demon instructor ! Death god of the battlefield !
- those are compliments.
I'd buy that game.

Hyouka 11.5

Surprised this one seemed to not be as well regarded as the rest, maybe it's due to my fixation on Oreki's internal workings that caused me to enjoy it as much I did. I suppose I'm on team firehawk yet again here but this seemed like a natural epilogue to the last arc, dealing with Oreki being depressed by its falloutl and serving as a pivot for his characterization's descent.

Thought it was great he was put in a position where he's burdened by responsibility (his job) and was effectively segregated from his friends. Their attempt to draw him out of his shell by presenting a scenario only he could solve for them and his brief internal debate about it due to his compromised confidence resonated well with me. Directly telling him he's not himself was interesting as well as I don't think Oreki realized just how bad he was feeling, mistaking his depressed mentality for his usual disinterested cynicism and requiring a degree of external prodding to realize what was going on.

Wrapped up super nicely with that closing shot of him ready to get back to work.
Also, onee-chan!
But yeah, this is why I liked the episode. Is it necessary? I guess not. But by that virtue, you could say half the episodes aren't "necessary". For me, it's the perfect bridge episode that serves as a connector to the two halves of the show.

The desk still fucks me up. It looks like a fucking real desk.

fertygo

Haven't seen Anno's performance, but found JGL to be incredibly flat. He spoke in the same bored tone throughout the film. Learn to emote at least a little bit!

If JGL's performance is incredibly flat, maybe we need new word in vocabulary to define Anno's! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom