• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanon 16

The ED song is growing on me even though the animation during it is fairly simplistic.

Just remember that Kanon was made first ;P

And the ED is really good. Too bad about that rap in the full length version of the song...

Kanon 17

Also, couldn't Yuuichi ask Mai to
use her healing powers on Shiori?
Problem solved!

Mai is still recovering at this point.

holy shit, that table/desk one

Wow

Listened to this for hours already and I don’t even like the show.

Don't like Non Non Biyori? What is this nonsense...

Now I don't know who to trust.

It's great. Watch it!

Edit: Oh, and happy belated birthdays and future birthday!

Chariot

Listened to this for hours already and I don’t even like the show.
i4dbHTVqq5IOH.gif

Taruranto

Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation 1-12

I watched all this anime in one sitting because a friend wanted to watch it, I don't even consider myself a Neptunia fan, but I still found the anime to be a surprisingly decent for a short video game adaptation.

I was not expecting this anime to make me cry, but this scene was really fucking sad:

vlcsnap_439231825.png

P-ko!

I bet it was also very faithful to the videogame, wasn't it?

Compile Heart should really get into the LN business (if they didn't already), the quality is already there!

Selector WIXOSS 12
Considering how the whole series went, it should be expected that it ended up terribly. The little moment of returning friendship didn't really seem like the speck of light they were trying to crush, but more just an awkward moment.
Really didn't expect Iona to replace Tama. Kind of goes against the rules we've been taught though it hardly follows rules to begin with
Overall, the series was decent. It kind of floundered when it just made rules as it went but it hasn't been too terrible plotwise and the scenery looked pretty good.

/XX/

I still don't know what Pablo Power is.
Some studio that only has the talent to draw backgrounds
Aww cajunator, pal... are you serious with that remark? Coming from you (who is always motivated by the power of love) it isn't a nice thing to say. :-(

Highly-skilled specialized work is the summit of many professional careers, and by extension, of many organizations involved in 'supply-chain based' industries where operational costs have to be kept down the closest to zero most of the time.

Outsourcing is essential for a industry like the Japanese animation one where animation production studios can only survive on a project-by-project basis, so thanks to studioPablo and other similar 'ateliers' we can enjoy a continuous stream of high-quality assets coming from them as they cycle through different assignments from diverse projects on their schedule, keeping that way a staff it would be very difficult to maintain otherwise.

/XX/

What a fun short, filled with energetic animation and infectious charm. The plot is simple, clearly fashioned with an eye towards showiness in animation, yet works well. The whole thing embodies the spirit of an old Saturday morning cartoon, only flashier and more colorful. Unlike Little Witch Academia, this flows smoothly from scene to scene, feels perfectly self-contained, and doesn't outstrip the boundaries of the limited time frame. Bravo to Shin-ei.
Yes, finally! Have to get on watching this... I don't even know why this year's animemirai dropped off my radar as I was looking forward to this short in special.

Maybe because I preferred when all the information and interviews were better organized and more accessible contained inside the official website, and not in AniFav (http://anifav.com/animemirai/).

Now that it has finished, I have to say that there is a flaw in the series imo, and it's how Peco super talent seemed appear out of left field from the viewer's pov. His talent reappeared and powered up when he was training in the athletics center as that part was mostly skipped, they just jumping to the tourney when we saw the results, that also didn't help to understand the change of skill in the character.
Truth is... the moment we saw
Peco's true motivation when he remembered the moments he lived on that photo, it didn't even matter how he achieved that comeback... it was a given!

After all... since when a true Hero sudden reappearance followed any normal rules? That extraordinary component of going above what we ordinarily experienced priorly in the series is what gives additional emotion and power to
Peco & Smile relationship as a pivotal thing on the series. They went beyond comprehension in search of a true competitive spirit, at last fulfilling their long lasting bond.

I bet it was also very faithful to the videogame, wasn't it?

Compile Heart should really get into the LN business (if they didn't already), the quality is already there!
They already are : it's them behind the DATE A LIVE PS3 games !
Nothing can save me now, i'm desperate my fantasies are ruined.
It's time change your fantasy !

Anna gender is something that is teh source of numerous superb moments across all seasons !

cajunator

Banned
Everytime I remind myself about how masterful Hyouka is I have hope about anime being saved.

And then I remember this

Ug7nV2b.gif

*cocks gun*

FUCK THE PAIN AWAY

*inserts in mouth*

FUH HE HAI AWAY

What is this? Chuuni is the stuff man. Silly dog..
Rikka is just one of many beloved characters from that show.

Guys, please don't post in OT anime threads. You know it's foolish! You must resist!

I will brave the uncharted seas in search of truth and justice.

Now I don't know who to trust.

When it comes to cute I think you know..

Aww cajunator, pal... are you serious with that remark? Coming from you (that I thought were always motivated by the power of love) it isn't nice thing to say. :-(

Highly-skilled specialized work is the summit of many professional careers, and by extension, of many organizations involved in 'supply-chain based' industries where operational costs have to be kept down the closest to zero most of the time.

Outsourcing is essential for a industry like the Japanese animation one where animation production studios can only survive on a project-by-project basis, so thanks to studioPablo and other similar 'ateliers' we can enjoy a continuous stream of high-quality assets coming from them as they cycle through different assignments from diverse projects on their schedule, keeping that way a staff it would be very difficult to maintain otherwise.

I was in a sour mood this morning. work was pissing me off. I mostly dont mean it.

Uguuuuu. I say that ironically btw. Everytime she said it I felt like an obese anime industry team eating doritos and hugging their waifu pillows were enjoying it.

"Yes. Say Uguuuuu. Say it again Hnnnnng kawaii moe Chan "

You're going to miss that Uguu sound once Pinoko's: "ACH-ON-BURKIEEEEE!!!" infects your ears and you can't unhear it. I'll take Uguu over that any day.

I'm three episodes in. I'll do reviews every 5 episodes or so. Because Pinoko is so annoying I'd annoy everybody by saying how much I hate her every epidode lol. Batman stein doc is cool though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has anyone else found themselves looking at an old AnimeGAF thread and admiring their old posts? Just me then...

Has anyone else found themselves looking at an old AnimeGAF thread and admiring their old posts? Just me then...

I do that all the time. Sometimes I do it for looking at some of Corvo's classic posts.

His SAO posts were absolutely hilarious and they are making the experience for me less terrible.

Funny thing is, back then I was desperately trying to convince him to drop SAO.

Oh how times have changed.

I do that all the time. Sometimes I do it for looking at some of Corvo's classic posts.

His SAO posts were absolutely hilarious and they are making the experience for me less terrible.

Funny thing is, back then I was desperately trying to convince him to drop SAO.

Oh how times have changed.
Seasons change time passes by
As the weeks become the months become the years

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
seriously what the fuck

If you ever seriously wanted to know where "moe uguu" really came from, it came from KEY. They literally are the ones who first wrote (or perhaps popularized) "uguu".

Chariot

BluWacky

Isn't kyoani a better example?

Not at all. KyoAni are one of the most technically skilled animation companies in Japan and most of the titles they have animated have gone on to be successful partly as a result of this. As a studio, they hold little responsibility for the titles they adapt aside from perhaps Kyoukai no Kanata; Munto is an outlier in terms of poor original content.

Key produce mawkish supernatural melodramas written in-house that sell extremely well not due to particular competence in an objective sense but due to effective targeting of a niche audience.

I liked Air back in 2005. Not apologising for it, but I don't know if I'd like it now.

cajunator

Banned
If you ever seriously wanted to know where "moe uguu" really came from, it came from KEY. They literally are the ones who first wrote (or perhaps popularized) "uguu".

I love those little vocal tics. there are so many!
Uguu, Gao, Mone mone, Na no~, desu~, nippah, degeso~
Squeeeeeee * hugs them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom