• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Key is an example of how competence isn't correlated with success in the anime market.

You're right.

Clannad and Clannad:AS should have sold even better than they did. They are the magnum opus of KyoAni shows. After Story in particular is one of the best series ever made.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Only when it reveals somebody's deficiencies as an anime viewer.

Sorry I wasn't aware you were the authority on what shit should taste like.

I left this thread for months because I was tired of the negativity. Evidently anime fans are incapable of being rationale, positive folks.

the-grinch-grin.gif

I honestly liked Clannad AS just for how far it went in terms of high-school romance.

But seeing how Corvo's reacted to this show so far, his reaction to the second half is going to be pure GOLD.

You don't have to pat Corvo on the back as he cries on your shoulder. :(

Hey, he might like the second half. There is some good stuff in there. If he does, great. Glad he likes the show.

But if he doesn't, that means we'll get a long Corvo rage post. When was the last time we got one of those? During his run on Victory Gundam?

How long is Corvo banned for? I need to see his response to the crazier parts of Macross 7.

I'm pretty sure he comes back on the 28th IIRC.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hey, he might like the second half. There is some good stuff in there. If he does, great. Glad he likes the show.

But if he doesn't, that means we'll get a long Corvo rage post. When was the last time we got one of those? During his run on Victory Gundam?
He was muttering something about cat sex.

/XX/

Entirely.
I'm sorry to hear that, I respect you a lot and I can understand a personal grudge against some of the things said around here... but because I don't think darkside31337 would be doing me a favour just going away without letting me read ever again any of his opinions, I just can't share that attitude. Singling out and generalizing isn't a way of conveying this.

Clov

Reminds me that I need to pick up Welcome to the NHK on DVD at some point.

On the topic of KyoAni's Key adaptations, I'm not super fond of Air. Didn't like the characters very much, and was confused by the ending.
I can't remember why the protagonist became a crow, and I don't think he even turns back. Just strange.

I probably enjoyed Kanon (2006) the most out of all of them, since I liked the cast the best. That arc with Makoto was just plain upsetting though. As for Clannad, season 1 was fun. I really liked what After Story did, but hated the ending. Hated it! It felt like such a cop-out on so many levels.

As for Key's work itself, it's pretty melodramatic. I can't say it's great (at times it's pretty bad, in fact), but often I end up being entertained. I think I like their humor much more than the melodrama itself.

Quasar

You're right.

Clannad and Clannad:AS should have sold even better than they did. They are the magnum opus of KyoAni shows. After Story in particular is one of the best series ever made.

Well AS was great. Clannad itself I was pretty meh on. Of course I'm pretty meh on key based anime. Loved AS, liked the Mokoto arc of Kanon, didnt mind the first bit of Little Busters. Thats about it though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Well when you have people watching stuff they dislike just so they can rage here its gunna be a highly negative place.
More watch bets should have opt out clauses. Ultimately, if you get somebody to try something new and they aren't liking it, there's no point in making them finish.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So they added some more Nanana characters, and they made an interesting choice with the KanaHana character:
HWnUObEl.png

In this game, she is most definitely a waifu and not a husbando. :p

cajunator

Banned
Reminds me that I need to pick up Welcome to the NHK on DVD at some point.

On the topic of KyoAni's Key adaptations, I'm not super fond of Air. Didn't like the characters very much, and was confused by the ending.
I can't remember why the protagonist became a crow, and I don't think he even turns back. Just strange.

I probably enjoyed Kanon (2006) the most out of all of them, since I liked the cast the best. That arc with Makoto was just plain upsetting though. As for Clannad, season 1 was fun. I really liked what After Story did, but hated the ending. Hated it! It felt like such a cop-out on so many levels.

As for Key's work itself, it's pretty melodramatic. I can't say it's great (at times it's pretty bad, in fact), but often I end up being entertained. I think I like their humor much more than the melodrama itself.

Welcome to the NHK is worthy of ownership. REALLLLLY good series.

Here's something that should calm everyone down: the first full animated PV for Akame ga Kill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOle_TmHE_A

Good.

Good thing my favorite anime is [redacted], no sane person can ever hate on it.

My favorite anime is Haibane Renmei. I dont think anyone can call it shit.

JoeFu

Banned
Here's something that should calm everyone down: the first full animated PV for Akame ga Kill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOle_TmHE_A

So how is the manga? I remember reading the first chapter a long time ago and thought interesting. Never read anything after it though as I never saw chapter 2 go up anywhere within a month or two. Had no idea what the release schedule was like.

Will try this show if it gets on CR

speaking of CR have they announced what summer shows they have yet?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
More watch bets should have opt out clauses. Ultimately, if you get somebody to try something new and they aren't liking it, there's no point in making them finish.
Or you could just stick to films or OVAs. Then they only have to suffer through one viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom