• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ef: A tale of Memories can almost be confused for a Key anime when it isn't.

I mean, look at these designs:

XP6woB2.jpg

I don't know what it is, it just screams KEY to me.

Clannad 4 (In Progress)

/3 Minutes In

D_D
WAT
This might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Episode 4.... Episode 4....

Oh! Yeah Fuko is dumb. Sweet side story. Just the character is dumb. She grew on me though. Tomoya's pranks on her are awesome.

Hmmmmmm.... *moved up on the backlog*

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This thread probably wouldn't even be allowed to exist if any of GAF's other admins actually read it.
I don't know. When I met Evi-kun it was during my sport a doujin avatar for a laugh period and he said, and I quote, "your" "avatar" "is" "one" "of" "the" "best" "on" "NeoGAF".

Hm... Looks more like School Days to me :p

Well the anime itself certainly felt pretty...KEY-ish to me at times. Like, I only saw bits of Kanon and watched the entirety of Clannad and After Story when it comes to me and Key, but Ef: a tale of memories seemed like it would fit right in when it comes to them.

Had some pretty interesting visuals too. Though that was probably mostly due to SHAFT.

But the actual romances in the show were probably the sweetest and most heartwarmingly cute romances I've seen in almost any anime like, ever.

Hmmmmmm.... *moved up on the backlog*

This show really does seem like something you'd like. I'm surprised you haven't gotten to it yet.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Nah, look like generic bishojo game design in my eyes.

KEY design have a certain 'diabetes' feel, that can make someone either goes 'awwww' or shake his head in disappointment

[post=18649677]I got it for this post.[/post] So lucky me, it's a rare positive tag and I got it for a great pun.

:lol: that's one funny post

Well the anime itself certainly felt pretty...KEY-ish to me at times. Like, I only saw bits of Kanon and watched the entirety of Clannad and After Story when it comes to me and Key, but Ef: a tale of memories seemed like it would fit right in when it comes to them.

Had some pretty interesting visuals too. Though that was probably mostly due to SHAFT.

But the actual romances in the show were probably the sweetest and most heartwarmingly cute romances I've seen in almost any anime like, ever.

This show really does seem like something you'd like. I'm surprised you haven't gotten to it yet.

Interesting. I am open minded and willing to let other shows contest After Story when it comes to this. I just hope your not overhyping because I will inevitably compare it to After Story's romance and (After Story Spoilers)
Tomoya caring for Ushio

Oh ok. I was just judging based on that image. Not seen it yet. Probably will get to it sometime though. Got it in my backlog.

Rhapsody

Banned
ef was pretty good. Memories that is. I didn't like how Melodies was handled and Shaft pretty much trolled or changed parts of it.

Interesting. I am open minded and willing to let other shows contest After Story when it comes to this. I just hope your not overhyping because I will inevitably compare it to After Story's romance and (After Story Spoilers)
Tomoya caring for Ushio

Well it doesn't go as far as After Story did, I'll tell you that much. (Clannad After Story spoilers)
There's no childbirth or anything.

I just loved the way the romance played out between two of the leads. Added the fact that it was short and I have something really nice.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ef was pretty good. Memories that is. I didn't like how Melodies was handled and Shaft pretty much trolled or changed parts of it.

It was okay. Memories was better - well the one half of memories was really great (Chihiro) but the NTR friendzone triangle saga was way less enjoyable.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm pretty sure I'll never get a tag...

Jojo Stardust Crusaders or whatever this show was called again: 12

This has just gotten silly! Awesome, but silly!

I'm pretty sure I'll never get a tag...

Jojo Stardust Crusaders or whatever this show was called again: 12

This has just gotten silly! Awesome, but silly!

Same and I am okay with that.

Although I remember all of AnimeGAF at one point declaring for me to be tagged "Key's Public Relations Manager". Got a little scared.

Sure they are saving that tag if the real Key PR Manager ever signs up for GAF.

Mature

So I guess Studio Trigger is debuting their Ninja Slayer animation at AX? There's a lot of Trigger related panels and screenings I'd like to see, but I fear the crowds. Attempting to go to their normal panel last year was catastrophic and a severe fire hazard.

This is like the first time that I heard a kid refer to PS2 as a "retro console". feels bad man
Haha, yeah, that's the exact feeling.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 12

In this episode Joseph gets attacked by the most dickish Stand of all time. He also uses the Ripple, but that's useless because this isn't Part 2

Can't wait for the next episode, one of my favorite Part 3 moments is there.

jman2050

Yo Angel Beats character designs were a great improvement. Even with characters wearing the same school uniform, each character had their unique design that you can quickly identify. I know a lot on AnimeGAF didn't like it. And that's fine. I really loved the show.

I'm not talking about the character designs (most of them were fine tbh) I'm talking about the art style in the VN.

Crocodile

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders Episode 12

• Oh hey, Joesph finally gets to do something, hurray :)
  • LOL Polnareff was an idiot this entire episode. Per the norm I guess :p
  • I guess I can maybe understand Ripple being ineffective since Stands aren't living things but "being part of his arm" should be irrelevant. One can run ripples through their own body (see Straits vs Joesph from Part 2). Also the Ripple should grant immunity from bodily take over (see Ripple Users vs Pillar Men from Part 2) but I guess that ties back to Stands not being alive? It's all a bit weird to be honest :/
  • Oh hey, Anne is back in the next episode preview. Where the hell did she go the past 3 episodes?

Nanana 11
A decent finale but if you couldn't figure out the power of Ikusaba's treasure, I sort of want to slap you. It was pretty freaking obvious since he first used it. Actually, his other treasure could be handled easily too if they had a flashlight app on their phones. Otherwise, the saving grace of this show was and is Tensai. Very enjoyable and cute character.

Mature

Yeah, here's the full Ninja Slayer promotion thing from the official site:
●The world premiere of the promotional trailer will be shown at anime's biggest convention, Anime Expo 2014 in Los Angeles, CA, during a panel discussion on July 3that 6:00 p.m.

●Anime Expo attendees will be able to catch a sneak peak of two never-before-seen NINJA SLAYER posters, as well as a chance to receive a “Menpo” (Ninja Slayer's mask) and a sample booklet containing the original NINJA SLAYERnovel and a Comptiq* comic book from the GOOD SMILE COMPANY booth at Anime Expo 2014 (supplies limited). Attendees will also be able to purchase additional NINJA SLAYERgoodies at the booth, a list of which appears below. Another big surprise awaits fans at the GOOD SMILE COMPANY booth!
*Comptiqis a videogame/anime magazine sold in Japan.

TUSR

Banned
There actually was a MLP manga! Maybe its still going, dunno
pls no pony talk

Nanana 11
A decent finale but if you couldn't figure out the power of Ikusaba's treasure, I sort of want to slap you. It was pretty freaking obvious since he first used it. Actually, his other treasure could be handled easily too if they had a flashlight app on their phones. Otherwise, the saving grace of this show was and is Tensai. Very enjoyable and cute character.

The question is, does it get a second season?

Link Man

Banned
Clannad 4

Did she carve another wooden star since the last time we saw her?

ibnZGC6sFMTOqX.jpg

Steal a knife, get invited to a wedding. Anime.

Is she having a...special time...thinking about that star?

Casual urination is how you solve all of your problems, isn't it?

Sunohara...just...

:SDBurton

Okay, that made me laugh. Nice job on the proposal scene.

Random handstand. And casual urination. Not at the same time, mind you.

Ha, Okazaki does a great Sunohara impression.

Leveraging the harem to pad out the drama club. Of course.

wat

An entire preview of grunts, sighs and groans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom