• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually could see RightStuf picking that up! I hope it's not them though, since that lowers the chances of a Blu-Ray significantly. Discotek is a maybe, they have licensed some more recent stuff lately (like School Days, and Chi's Sweet Home). Between those two I'd rather Discotek get it, personally.

I wouldn't mind owning Minami-ke on DVD for a domestic release, as the fourth season is the first HD-native part of the series (not counting the OVAs which were DVD-only with manga volumes 6, 10, and 11). I could import the other seasons to get the Blu-rays if I had a spare $600, but at the moment I really only want the fourth season to get a BD-box bundled with its two OVAs.

Funimation app is out on 360. Reminder you don't need Gold for any apps on 360 and XB1

You have to be an elite member just to use this right?

mankoto

Akuma no Riddle 12 [END]
It just bothered me that
everyone was alive at the end. I mean, the poisonkiller is pretty bad if that didn't kill any of the two. Her goal was to kill the target, no to bother her.
I know how you feel.
I was under the impression that if you failed, you were killed. Although episode 10 cleared that up when someone came back. But even then, I was pretty sure that 4 people died. Retconning the whole thing feels weird

Kanon 22

bJtKh9G.png

EDIT:
Forgot Uguu~ count. None today and it's the first time she has been on screen in an episode and she didn't Uguu~.

Yuuichi is a horrible person to his cousin. She writes him letters, he doesn't reply back. She makes plans with him, he breaks them. She tries to cheer him up, he throws it in her face. Why do you like this guy?

We also learn
Ayu is either dead or she was paralyzed from the neck down when she was a child. I'm going to assume the former as the wings on her backpack seem to represent that she is an angel.
Makoto also reappears near the end. I'm not sure of the significance of that yet.

Thank you Acosta for the gif. You're very helpful unlike some people...
<3 Mike

Nanana's Buried Treasure 11 END

Not an ending at all! I hope the show was popular enough for a second season. This was a fun show though not the adventure I thought it'd be.

Here's what I'm looking forward to for Summer 2014:

Zankyou no Terror
Psycho Pass New Edit Edition
Sword Art Online II
Tokyo Ghoul
Jinsei
Ao Haru Ride
Akame Ga Kill
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

santeesioux

Sounds like a good use of money.

I think I'm going to finally buy a Wii U this week. Not sure if I should go for that $200 refurb deal or wait for a sale on a new one though.

I hope that refurb isn't out of stock by the end of the month when i have the money. Never thought i'd be into getting a Wii U this soon, but that's too good of a deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 12:

Right, well, let us pretend that never happened and never speak of it again.

Kanon 23

Uguu x3
UPM 0.4

Makoto appears in a different form.
I think she is his old neighbour and the fox girl is named after her? I wasn't entirely clear on that.
Ayu
is basically confirmed to be dead. Her final wish isn't revealed this episode and the episode ends with the final line above.

Yuuichi makes nice with his cousin. Hopefully they will be there for one another during this tragic part of their lives.

Usagi Drop 10

A cultural festival, eh? Well... At least it's not a high school cultural festival...

The episode is actually about Rin
getting sick and both Daikichi and Kouki's mother helping out though.
A nice piano version of the song in the OP used too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know how you feel.
I was under the impression that if you failed, you were killed. Although episode 10 cleared that up when someone came back. But even then, I was pretty sure that 4 people died. Retconning the whole thing feels weird
I thought they went out of their way to show that no one died. At least in the episodes I saw.

It was the love of the game that did him in.
A true American hero.

Is there any information on how much the Akame ga Kill anime is going to cover? I want to see reactions to the clown lol

I'd think 26 or so episodes.

Hopefully long enough to see
Chelsea's death

Akuma no Riddle Episode 12:

Wow, I have not had a plot twist so inept and stupid happen that I actually called a Fuck You audible in awhile.

Sounds Akuma no Riddle had quite the ending

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Akuma no Riddle Episode 12:

Wow, I have not had a plot twist so inept and stupid happen that I actually called a Fuck You audible in awhile.

mankoto

I thought they went out of their way to show that no one died. At least in the episodes I saw.
Yeah but, in my mind I thought
the ones that died were, the pair that committed the double suicide and the one that fell off the school building.
If you were referring to the teacher saying that the students were no longer in class, in my head that could've meant anything as he doesn't know about the game so that could've been a lie he was fed so he doesn't get suspicious of anything.

jgminto

Mushishi Zoku Shou 10

Best Mushishi episode this season. A nice, simple mystery with the focus on Ginko. They're not the type of episode that resonate emotionally. But they're interesting, beautiful and don't contain the questionable side characters of this season. I suppose it's good to go out on a high note. And now the wait begins...

Blade and soul - 12 [end]
Blade and soul , what to say , with this 12 and final episodes the jokes are just so easy i don't want to do them

So the entire journey of alka was for THIS , this moment and while the emotionnal impact is there to some degree , it's also so cliché it won't register properly with most people
12 episodes IN.
12 episodes of 24 mins and i still don't know
- the empire goal
- the emperor goal
- What was the deal with the clan of the sword
- What is the impurity ?
- What is the butterfly mark ? Answered in the final cut
- I know what the violet flower are , but i have no idea what is their importance , except that it's poisonnous and used as a tool of war ( it's not like i saw this myself , i was just told that )
- Who this big muymbling big guy was and why he saved jin varrel out of the blue

I'm not complaining , i'm stating the obvious , it's not that the anime couldn't tell me those things , they just choose not to . Aside from the "ookami" , nobody freaking had her motives explored in the whole show. Alka , EVEN in this final episode is still limited to :

"ok"
"no"
"i'll get my revenge"
"i'll protect you"
"why ?"

The 3 other female characters are busy talking to each other to try to explain to the viewer " stuff" because the people directly involved can't seem to talk .
Jin varrel , the vilain is limited to :
"i'll fight"
"that right , fight"
"the butterfly"

Incredible.

To the ONLY question answered : " why did you kill Master Hon" asked by alka , a question that actually matters , Jin varrells answers :
"it was destiny !"

///FACEPALM///
i'll pass on the heroine going super sayan only to ..... DO NOTHING WITH IT.
And no i'm not kidding:
bd12.gif

Let me end this magnificent review of Blade and Soul 12 with this ending scene :
"Oh the fight is over"
"So it seems"
" i wonder what happenned"
"Who knows ?" ( meaning who cares ? )
"We don't have to wait ? "
" For who ?"

Congrats Blade and soul.. I'm genuinly impressed by SUCH CONVICTION to stick to mediocrity up untill the end.

Wait ? there is another episode after this ??? I thought this was over ...
-What are you doing these days ?
-I'm living !
/Slowclap/

Kansoku

Kino no Tabi 1-13 + Movies

I knew nothing about this, except that it was good. And oh boy, it is good.
I feel it's very similar to Mushishi. It has an amazing sense of atmosphere that draws you in, and keep you engage. And I love how trough the stories of a traveler paints a picture of the nature of humanity, which hare doesn't have that "supernatural" element that Mushishi has. If I had to say bad things about this, I would only say that sometimes there's a little disconnection that feels weird to me, that in the same world, there are tanks and robots and super advanced technology, while at the same time there isn't planes (which btw, was my favorite episode, the ending gave me chills), and most of the countries felt very small and simple. But it's just a small thing, that didn't detract from the whole, leaving a great masterpiece in the end. Both movies were great as well.

Usagi Drop 11

And it's the end.

Lots of loose teeth and an intense moment with that super-dramatic music cue when Rin tells Daikichi about the jump rope competition results.

I really really wish I could like this more, but I made the mistake of looking up what happened in the manga about 7 months ago. I hoped I could watch this without thinking about that, but I couldn't. Still enough amusing moments and adorable stuff happening that I can give it 3/5 lop ears:
hx7c2jA.png
hx7c2jA.png
hx7c2jA.png
b6hqVm6.png
b6hqVm6.png

*sigh*
92MVOED.jpg

Akuma no riddle - 12

Woow that ending ...that twist

i don't even know HOW THE AUTHOR THOUGHT of this loophole, this is some level of writing i hadn't seen in a while.

cnet128

Banned
Ping Pong 11 END

For all that this show continually failed to grab me and was ultimately one of my least favourite shows of this season, I can't deny that that was a pretty beautiful finale.

I think a lot of where the show lost me was its incessant focus on side characters like the Kaio guys, whose stories I could never get into. But the emotional core of Smile and Peco's story has always been strong. They're just really compelling characters to watch somehow, and I loved how this episode brought that out to the fullest, through the flashbacks as much as the final match itself. It was just one big emotional high that brought all the strongest points of the series together.

And I think somehow the most satisfying part was seeing Peco
carrying on up into the big leagues with the same old infectious charisma and unfailing confidence, even as everyone else moved on and left that part of their lives behind for the most part. It felt like a kind of...ascension of sorts, befitting of the hero that he always was.

I don't think this series was really for me, but I'm still glad I watched it.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 138 (engDub)

Great conclusion to this mini arc. Ready for the camping trip and return of our favorites and
Leon v Ren Suzugamori

The wind this episode was incredible.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah but, in my mind I thought
the ones that died were, the pair that committed the double suicide and the one that fell off the school building.
If you were referring to the teacher saying that the students were no longer in class, in my head that could've meant anything as he doesn't know about the game so that could've been a lie he was fed so he doesn't get suspicious of anything.
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I sort of assumed that
the fact that some of the people are just "retired" then all of them are removed in the same way - ie, non-violently.
But it's not like this show seemed to aim for anything else anyway, given the outlook of the main character.

cajunator

Banned
What, slutty provocative Chaika isn't your thing?

nope. Red was alright but white is forever waifu material.

Kino no Tabi 1-13 + Movies

I knew nothing about this, except that it was good. And oh boy, it is good.
I feel it's very similar to Mushishi. It has an amazing sense of atmosphere that draws you in, and keep you engage. And I love how trough the stories of a traveler paints a picture of the nature of humanity, which hare doesn't have that "supernatural" element that Mushishi has. If I had to say bad things about this, I would only say that sometimes there's a little disconnection that feels weird to me, that in the same world, there are tanks and robots and super advanced technology, while at the same time there isn't planes (which btw, was my favorite episode, the ending gave me chills), and most of the countries felt very small and simple. But it's just a small thing, that didn't detract from the whole, leaving a great masterpiece in the end. Both movies were great as well.

Theres good reason I pimp the hell out of Kinos Journey. Its an amazing series. Paced just right. Characters so memorable even if theyre minor. Its the perfect series.

jgminto

Ping Pong 11 END

For all that this show continually failed to grab me and was ultimately one of my least favourite shows of this season, I can't deny that that was a pretty beautiful finale.

I think a lot of where the show lost me was its incessant focus on side characters like the Kaio guys, whose stories I could never get into. But the emotional core of Smile and Peco's story has always been strong. They're just really compelling characters to watch somehow, and I loved how this episode brought that out to the fullest, through the flashbacks as much as the final match itself. It was just one big emotional high that brought all the strongest points of the series together.

And I think somehow the most satisfying part was seeing Peco
carrying on up into the big leagues with the same old infectious charisma and unfailing confidence, even as everyone else moved on and left that part of their lives behind for the most part. It felt like a kind of...ascension of sorts, befitting of the hero that he always was.

I don't think this series was really for me, but I'm still glad I watched it.

ibtRCzGKiHlINZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom