• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kanon 20

sX1YsIN.png

Uguu x 8
UPM 0.4

Am I missing something? Wtf just happened?
So either she is crazy or he is crazy. Is Ayu Fukko 1.0?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
No.

This steam sale has been a wash so far for me. Debating spending the money I budgeted on some anime on Amazon or something.

Sounds like a good use of money.

I think I'm going to finally buy a Wii U this week. Not sure if I should go for that $200 refurb deal or wait for a sale on a new one though.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2 10

Hahahahaha. This show is too much. Equating Haruhi's brights smile to that of Hannibal Lector had me rolling. I like how the camera was clearly Sony but they used the light glare to cover up the O in Sony. Lol.

Kyon's finally learning to just go with the madness and make snarky remarks as they go. This is great!

Branduil

Sounds like a good use of money.

I think I'm going to finally buy a Wii U this week. Not sure if I should go for that $200 refurb deal or wait for a sale on a new one though.

The refurbished ones are supposedly like new or actually new(unsold stock). And you still get a 1-year warranty.

/XX/

Ninja Slayer is the most generic name I've ever heard, next to Ninja Blade and Ninja Assassin.
The difference is that NINJA SLAYER doesn't takes itself seriously... like at all! I would be posting extracts for those that haven't read yet the chapters available on-line, but there are so much nuggets of literary wisdom that I would hit the character limit of the post in a moment. Check them, pretty please:

NOVEL | NINJA SLAYER | Tokyo Otaku Mode
http://otakumode.com/sp/ninjaslayer/novel/mov/chapter1

This adaptation on the right hands of the same GEEKS group that helped to establish TRIGGER Inc., could be SPECTACULAR!

Kanon 21

Uguu x1
UPM 0.3

So things are coming together.
Ayu's school is one Yuuichi made up for her when they were kids and the lost item she has been looking for is the time capsule she buried.
Well they went there,
cousin confessed her love to Yuuichi when they were kids. I guess they can get away with it because they're kids.
I don't like how the episode ended.
It looks like the someone ran a red light several seconds after people were already going in the intersecting lane. I would forgive it if it had been directed better.

Get the refurb, they're practically brand new. Then get MK8 and a free game.

Whenever people say MK8 I always think of Mortal Kombat (and MK8 is the worst one) because of Mario Kart 8 and Mortal Kombat X being relevant at the same time.

It's like GoW and GoW or SC and SC or SMB and SMB and SMB

Chariot

Akuma no Riddle 12 [END]

I really liked the concept of the show. Characters and setting were nice, but this show had way to little time to make that all work, I hardly knew most of the characters before they dropped out. Maybe a bit filler before the first killingattemps started or more inbetween, to show more of the characters to care for and maybe a little bit of foreshadowing and spywork for everyone. Realy loved how glasses#2 analyzed everyone in the play. More of that would've been great. Fast pathing is nice, but it just felt rushed to me.
I liked that the show took it's time for the ending, to show what happened to everyone afterwards. I love it when shows give satisfying closure. It just bothered me that
everyone was alive at the end. I mean, the poisonkiller is pretty bad if that didn't kill any of the two. Her goal was to kill the target, no to bother her.
Another entry in my list of anime that could've been amazing.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2 11

Poor Miku. For some reason every time she cries or cries out I laugh. I can't help it.

Haruhi has the craziest ideas. Watching these episodes is going to make me want to watch the first episode all over again.

Does anyone have that Nico GIF of her typing out "Your favorite anime is shit?" I require it for reasons.

Speeding while driving on ice is dangerous :p

How long a period of time does this anime take place? It's been snowing since it started. You would think people would know how to drive in it after that long a period of time.

Selector Infected WIXOSS 11-12 END

That ending and lead in to Selector Spread WIXOSS was great! Just going by the time and the fact that there was a second season you know the outcome couldn't have been good. A lot more questions were added with practically none being answered. Definitely one of the top shows this season, though I liked the earlier, slower paced episodes than the faster paced last few eps. Autumn is going to be awesome with this and Log Horizon 2.

Does anyone have that Nico GIF of her typing out "Your favorite anime is shit?" I require it for reasons.

How long a period of time does this anime take place? It's been snowing since it started. You would think people would know how to drive in it after that long a period of time.

Not sure if I want to find it for you...

If we're going by the VN timeframe, most of it takes place in about 3 weeks.

phaze

Black Bullet 3-4

The mask guy sure didn't waste any time getting trounced. Barely scratched in the face and body lost in the ocean ? He lived to show up on another day, didn't he ...

The show really doesn't waste any time. I don't mind the frantic pacing but it makes some transitions and scenes jarring. The showdown between Rentaro the old guy came completely out of blue and made me think I missed half an episode.

Araragi should take cues from Rentaro. Culling your harem before it even began in earnest !

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2-4

Dio sure
didn't stay dead long
huh.

Can't say I'm feeling the shows unique brand of ridiculous so far. The writing is so cheesy it hurts, Jojo is naive and dumb as a rock and the production values don't help either.

Articalys

Watching The Wind Rises. ...Even the earthquake sounds are done by human voices? lol
It's funny; for all I'd read about all the sound effects being "voiced", I rarely noticed it when I saw the movie (except for a handful of instances, that scene being one of them). I guess they did a pretty good job mixing them in.

Chaika 02-11

So after dropping Shiki I decided to continue on with marathoning Chaika, and I have to say it's been a fun ride, action picked up during the last few episodes. Looking forward the the next episode to conclude the season and glad to hear the second will air in Fall 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom