• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 12 - Live Alive
ac6199e0f760c46ab724c1bcce1e47421272998512_full.jpg

You know this episode was great. The beginning was funny and when Kyon saw Haruhi take stage and his face slowly changed was hilarious.

However the end of this episode was the first time that I felt there was a sort of melancholy to the whole series. Which is sort of ironic. Anyways I really enjoyed this episode. 2 more episodes.

I'm being pun-ished.

Also this will continue another day. Moved on to avatar because hulu plus doesn't have all tiger and bunny dub. Fucking hulu plus no wonder you're the at&t of streaming services.

Quasar

Here's a question for anime historians on the thread.

The whole "Welcome home! Would you like a meal, a bath, or me?" thing. Whats the origin?

Hidamari Sketch 02

The humor in this show gets me. Love it haha. The jabs Miyako makes to Hiro are great. We've got a bit of supernatural stuff going on as well. Haunted rooms, possessed Yukatas and some divination.

It also makes for some great gifs.

XfSt0ha.gif

Hidamari Sketch 02

The humor in this show gets me. Love it haha. The jabs Miyako makes to Hiro are great. We've got a bit of supernatural stuff going on as well. Haunted rooms, possessed Yukatas and some divination.

And this is the first and somewhat rough season. Season 2 onwards is even better!

So, PsychoNinja, I've kind of lapped you on that Five Job Fiesta. Putting Clannad on hold for a little bit.

That's fine. No need to rush. I will get back to FFV when I email my Programming Test back and I finish up Haruhi Suzumiya. Which I only have like 1 more episode to go.

And what do you mean lapped? Did you finish the game already?!

Nafe

I gave up on the thread on page 4 so I missed a lot of things! Metrotab's birthday (7th June) was also missed and I don't remember any birthday wishes for Risette (7th May)!

Yeah, the last couple OT's I've just been skimming and skipping through a whole bunch now. On the one hand it feels like I've missed a bit but on the other hand it doesn't. I think I missed a few birthday's, I wasn't posting for a little over a month there at one point.

cnet128

Banned
Seikoku no Dragonar 12 END

something something random dragon possession generic climactic battle
almost loli kiss (what a fucking tease)
the end.

My opinion of this show now it's over remains pretty much the same as it has been from the start: painfully generic and shamelessly lewd, with an inexplicable excess of oversized mammaries. Eco, plus I guess the occasional other lolis, were its sole redeeming feature. Oh, and Jessica, but she didn't get nearly enough screentime.

...Meh, at least it was more entertaining than Mahouka.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 11
Lol that was awesome. Haruhi and her antics will always be great.

I love how Haruhi heard
duel from so far away and kicked the computer club guy in the face
and did her usual "Hue hue we will be victorious". Lol

Edit: I also loved the line "
Launch our f***ing Gund**'s
!!"

Link Man

Banned
That's fine. No need to rush. I will get back to FFV when I email my Programming Test back and I finish up Haruhi Suzumiya. Which I only have like 1 more episode to go.

And what do you mean lapped? Did you finish the game already?!
Yep, and just finished the Earth Crystal again.

Madoka Magica 09

Hm... So what happened here then?
That explosion took them both out?
And I'm not sure I understand the full reason for
the self-sacrifice

Kyubey is thinking a couple of steps ahead of everybody else. And this line:
"So if you ever feel like dying for the sake of the universe, please call me anytime."
Oh, wow.

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Episode 139 (engDub)

Funny dub even if light on the cardfights. Just one thing was odd, who even says Righteous, is it something Canadian or something. Also the engdub did lead to a funny line since they said, "This paper is written in English, I cant speak English," Perhaps they could have altered the line to make it fine.

In any event loved how the spirit of vanguard spread among the whole school from watching Ren Suzugamori and Leon Soryu. Fantastic.

Soma

kinda excited for gekkan shoujo

manga seems really well received from a lot of people. been wanting to start it but i'm like weeeeeelllllllll the anime is starting soon so might as well just wait for that.

Madoka Magica 09

Hm... So what happened here then?
That explosion took them both out?
And I'm not sure I understand the full reason for
the self-sacrifice

Kyubey is thinking a couple of steps ahead of everybody else. And this line:
"So if you ever feel like dying for the sake of the universe, please call me anytime."
Oh, wow.

Yes they're both dead.
I think the reason Kyoko decided to
take her own life was she feels badly about how she treated Sayaka previously and was not able to save her. Her own self punishment of sorts. Of course the shippers will say it's out of love.
The end theme of the episode is also really sad. The end card and the song was a beautiful way
to see both characters off

EDIT: Also explained in other Madoka material (Novel or Drama CD, I can't remember) it was said that Kyoko can't swim
which makes the end card that much more heart wrenching to see Kyoko trying to save a drowning Sayaka.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll be watching

Gekkan Shoujo
SAO 2
Akame ga Kill
Sailor Moon
P4AG

Glasslip is a maybe. I used to like PA Works stuff but I haven't watched anything since Tari Tari.

cnet128

Banned
Mekakucity Actors 11

I am confused as fuck about what's actually going on in the whole Shintarou/Ayano plot thread, but this was certainly an interesting episode. More flashbacks establishing that snakeguy is an unbelievably massive asshole. Like seriously, screw that guy. And Momo's little escape plan at the end there was satisfying in its simplicity. Nice to see Hibiya being welcomed into the group.

I'll check out Sailor Moon: Crystal for sure.

Barakamon is going in the backlog.
Rail Wars seems interesting too. Dunno if it will be though.

Yes they're both dead.
I think the reason Kyoko decided to
take her own life was she feels badly about how she treated Sayaka previously and was not able to save her. Her own self punishment of sorts. Of course the shippers will say it's out of love.
The end theme of the episode is also really sad. The end card and the song was a beautiful way
to see both characters off

Haha. Well, I guess it works either way :p And, yeah, that ED was a nice.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 9 [END] (Chronological Order)
I suppose that's as good as any other way to end this series. Will do a full review later. Still have to do a proper review for Gurren Lagann too.

Although I am debating holding off on this review until I watch The Disappearance.

Jarmel

Banned
Captain Earth-12

At least they mixed up the format. The problem I'm having with this show is why does this exist? It seems to want to tell a serious story despite goofier moments, but what's the overarching theme? Then there is the issue that show isn't that interesting, it's not dynamic at all. It's traded out Star Driver's episodic stuff for something slightly less episodic.

Enokido has a flair for theatrics but yea I'm really leaning towards him not being a good writer. I will give him points for being competent though as that's seemingly sort of rare nowadays.

Captain Earth-12

At least they mixed up the format. The problem I'm having with this show is why does this exist? It seems to want to tell a serious story despite goofier moments, but what's the overarching theme? Then there is the issue that show isn't that interesting, it's not dynamic at all. It's traded out Star Driver's episodic stuff for something slightly less episodic.

Enokido has a flair for theatrics but yea I'm really leaning towards him not being a good writer. I will give him points for being competent though as that's seemingly sort of rare nowadays.

It's halfway through the show and I can't help but feel nothing really relevant has happened, and I don't know what the overarching plot is supposed to be. It seems like the same shit just happens every episode, give or take 1 or 2 differences.

What are the other Designer's Children even doing while Team Rocket is gathering them all up?

Rhapsody

Banned
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 9 [END] (Chronological Order)

I suppose that's as good as any other way to end this series. Will do a full review later. Still have to do a proper review for Gurren Lagann too.

Although I am debating holding off on this review until I watch The Disappearance.
Too bad it had to end with the heater episode.

I'm kind of tempted to go through it chronologically since not even the LN went chronologically either.

Clov

For the summer, I'll be picking up:

Aldnoah.Zero
Sailor Moon Crystal
Prisma Illya 2wei!
Free! Eternal Summer
Glasslip
Hanamonogatari
Space Dandy Season 2
Tokyo Ghoul
Zankyou no Terror

Sort of interested in Barakamon and Dramatical Murder, so I might pick those up as well.

Summer lists? Oki doki:

Akame Ga Kill
Aldnoah Zero
Sailor Moon Crystal
Barakamon
Gekkan Shoujo
Hanamonogatari (we miss you Kanbaru)
P4GA
Rail Wars
SAO II (love can do crazy things to a man)
Tokyo ESP
Tokyo Ghoul
Terro in Tokyo

Will catch up with Space Dandy S1 to get to S2 eventually.

All I know is I am watching Glasslip for this next season. Whatever I pick up I will do along the way like I did with Black Bullet and Nisekoi this last season.

Jarmel

Banned
It's halfway through the show and I can't help but feel nothing really relevant has happened, and I don't know what the overarching plot is supposed to be. It seems like the same shit just happens every episode, give or take 1 or 2 differences.

What are the other Designer's Children even doing while Team Rocket is gathering them all up?

This seems like a show that is content to burn out its episode count and be left in the forgotten annals of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom