• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

JoJo SC 12

tumblr_n1c4djqdoI1sr2rwmo1_250.gif
tumblr_n1c4djqdoI1sr2rwmo4_r1_250.gif

Joseph is the best.

"OH, NO!"

Oh yeah, I also didn't think Sunshine's cameo was "ruined" because there was no midriff. I think she's cool and cute anyway without it.

I guess it just comes down to one of those "then there would be no story to begin with" type of scenarios and you just have to kind of go with it.

Maybe the real reason was because she was told about pancakes being in a box, but she didn't look in the kitchen first.

Taruranto

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

How the hell do you make a MECHA visual novel? I watch mecha to see giant robots fighting! Not to see a still picture of a giant robot while text flashes below me saying:

"THERE ARE CURRENTLY GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING RIGHT NOW AND THEY ARE MOST DEFINITELY FIGHTING WITH A BUNCH OF CRAZY ATTACKS"

Urrgh, that song is so awesome though.....>_<

You don't get to the giant robots until midway of the second novel and you don't fight any serious battle until the third.

na18djr1.jpg

Naruto Shippuden 366

Nice to see Hashirama and Tobirama (AKA Best Hokage) as they usually act.

The battle with Madara was pretty short but still good nonetheless.

Shame we have to dredge through a boring flashback to see the end of the fight.

You don't get to the giant robots until midway of the second novel and you don't fight any serious battle until the third.

Damn it, now I don't want to read the VN!

URRRRRRGGGH. Like, that OP wasn't just catchy, it's MANLY. It's POWERFUL. Like, I think of Super Robot Wars when I think of that song! It makes me excited for awesome non-stop mecha action!

This whole thing feels like a cruel joke >_<.

Baccano! - 3

So the whole "regenerating bodies" thing comes from some kind of formula. Doesn't it suck when you finally go past the bounds of scientific human evolution only for pyromaniacs and alley gangsters to ruin your day?

Lol at the hijacking scene. One guy has a knife while the others are using guns and everybody shouts different orders. I don't remember the last time I saw a hijacking be this awkward.

Shit hasn't hit the fan yet, but it has rather inched very close to the fan and the title of the next episode does not bode well. Pussywagon gonna go boom.

Shukufuku no Campanella 01

omg cajun, have you seen this show?

It's moe OEKO (One Episode Knock Out).

Huh, I remember that I actually took a look at this show two years ago but dropped it after episode 3 or 4 for some reason.

Can't remember what it was. Was it the story? The scenario? The OP? Or did something happen some episodes down the line that made me want to turn around, slowly walk out the door, and never speak of the show again!

Nah, I must have just gotten bored. I do remember finding it somewhat amusing that the twins in that show had a giant Golem for some reason...

The Irregular at Magic High 12

So much world building explanation. And how everyone falls in love with Tatsuya.
Yeah the world building is very great
Shukufuku no Campanella 01

omg cajun, have you seen this show?

It's moe OEKO (One Episode Knock Out).

It's an Ok show , but it's a very good adaptation of a game that isn't for all ages.
They kept the comedy , the characters and just removed
all the stuff that would have made this an hentai.

Joe Molotov

Hidamari Sketch 01

My second watchbet with Mike.

OMG this show is adorable! I was smiling the whole time. I loved Miyako's English fail gag. The wide is fantastic.

uN12TmI.gif

Style wise it looks like Madoka characters stepped into Nisekoi backgrounds. I want to watch more!

Hidamari Sketch 01

OMG this show is adorable! I was smiling the whole time. I loved Miyako's English fail gag. The wide is fantastic.

Style wise it looks like Madoka characters stepped into Nisekoi backgrounds. I want to watch more!

Enjoy ^______________^

cajunator

Banned
I just placed an order filled with squee~

Blessing of the Campanella DVD Collection (S)
Busou Shinki: Armored War Goddess DVD Complete Collection (S)
Leviathan - The Last Defense - Blu-ray Complete Collection (S)
Nekomonogatari White: Tsubasa Tiger Blu-ray Set (S) Limited Edition

Hidamari Sketch 01

uN12TmI.gif

So basically, Shaft XD
Yes its the best!

Lol is the logic that because I dislike moe girl abuse that I've never gotten laid? Beautiful. Body pillows everywhere count apparently. Otakus rejoice.

I'm having more fun with sarcasm tthan anything else.

say what?

Crocodile

Yes what this thread needed. Somebody else posting many moe girls images non stop.

When I saw those two posts I thought somebody had quoted the first post,, pictures and all, and was contemplating yelling at them since that seemed unnecessary. Then I realized that both posts were talking about different episodes in the same series. That both posts look so goddamn identical is a pretty damning indictment of the crappiness of character design/artstyle of that particular series :/

On a different note watching tiger and bunny with friend. Forgot how much I like this show. Dub isn't half bad either.

Ending was weaker than I would have liked but that is still some good anime. I approve.

Madoka Magica 07

That old 'hide important information because you didn't ask' defense, eh?

At least the why it was done part makes sense. Kyoko's tragic backstory gets revealed and the in-fighting at least calms down for now. Sayaka seems to be getting some... issues though.

Blusby

I HIGHLY doubt they'll get to him. The show's going to be censored to hell and back as it is. I imagine Champ would be excised from it entirely if it did get that far.

Akame airs on a midnight block so there'll be censorship sure, but I don't expect anything too heavy. Anyways there were images of production notes on vol's 5 & 6 of the manga and what goes on in 6 gets concluded in vol 7 so I'd expect the anime to end with
Chelsea's death.

Articalys

Mekaku City Actors ep.11

Okay, fuck it, I have no idea what's going on anymore. I'll just watch the finale next week then go back through the series looking for the threads that tie everything together and try to piece together the story that way.
I really hope they didn't randomly omit stuff from the LNs that crucial to understanding the plot.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1
This was so much more entertaining and less confusing to watch than when I initially saw it, now knowing how this "movie" came together. The Haruhi grin makes me laugh every time without fail.

I also got a kick out of the subtitle during the movie Haruhi put in that said "Moe=Turn On". LMAO!!!

Mr.Jeff

4 hours of thread skimming later...
So ufotable's Witch Sisters Yoyo and Nene is coming out next week. Anybody see it?
It's an enjoyable film but a bit overly long. It flits all over the place with it's themes and lacks any meaningful depth to Nene. Worth a watch though. It has boy-Miyukichi in it so Zach is obligated to watch it.

It's clearly Mr.Jeff's fault I didn't remember ;p
I gave up on the thread on page 4 so I missed a lot of things! Metrotab's birthday (7th June) was also missed and I don't remember any birthday wishes for Risette (7th May)!

Kanon 11Akiko is such an enabler of the harem. She seems to take in any stray girl that shows any interest in Yuuichi.
Akiko is the greatest of the 3 moms out of the Key series (Although by the wonzo standard™ that means nothing). Mitarashi Club certainly likes her very much. (Don't google that at work)

Magipoka 3
The only thing worse than a loli is a loli vampire.
And a vampire voiced by Hirano Aya too! That said, I didn't like the rest of the voice cast for the show either. Ho-hum. Still got a Yousei Teikoku OP out of it though.

4 posts to quote out of 68 odd pages. My work here is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom