• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior 12 [END]

iV7jF2C1pGPVL.jpg

Wonderful end to a wonderful show. Probably my favorite show this season, with equal parts heartwarming and hilarious. Hopefully it gets a blu-ray release over her, I'd buy it in an instant.

Sentai did license the series and they only mentioned a home video release. Hard to say if Sentai will deem this worthy enough for a Blu-ray.

Tenumi

Banned
So far, my summer schedule is looking like:

New Stuff:

Akame ga Kill (3 episode rule)
Sailor Moon: Crystal (Maybe, not sure yet)
Hanayamata (Maybe)
Sabagebu!
Space☆Dandy 2 (On Toonami)
Sword Art Online II

Toonami:

Bleach
One Piece
Blue Exorcist
Black Lagoon

Current Season/Backlog

Pretty Cure (26/49)
Happiness Charge Precure
Dragonball (21/153)
Guilty Crown (7/22)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
???

Hyouka 2
When Eru is curious she doesn't let Oreki get away huh? I love how both girls were amazed when he figured out the mystery behind the
book
. Oreki has heightened deductive skills and Eru seems to have heightened senses. This should make for good back and forth between characters. Also
Eru is totally into Oreki
. Ah so for a second there we see Oreki
pulling away from everyone else and labeling himself as "different" from "them". It seems Eru was able to constantly pull him out of that though
. Also what was that at the end?

Thoraxes

You can probably watch all of them in an hour or two.

Edit: What is this? No activity for a half hour? Thread's dead, it seems.

Anyway,

iV7jF2C1pGPVL.jpg

Wonderful end to a wonderful show. Probably my favorite show this season, with equal parts heartwarming and hilarious. Hopefully it gets a blu-ray release over her, I'd buy it in an instant.

Senati is doing one in NA according to their press release.

I'm going to be all over that one; I loved this show. It was fun and even made me laugh.

Branduil

When you guys are sharing CR guest passes, you might want to put them in [email ][/email ] tags. Otherwise any lurkers can just grab them up. Unless that was your intention, of course.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When you guys are sharing CR guest passes, you might want to put them in [email ][/email ] tags. Otherwise any lurkers can just grab them up. Unless that was your intention, of course.

loooooooooooool

In the future, when giving away things to GAF, I recommend using EMAIL tags, which can only be seen by members by clicking "Quote" next to a post and viewing the underlying BBC.

Quote to see:

Not that I have anything against GAF lurkers without an account, but if your intent is to make sure your keys go to a GAFer, then EMAIL is the way to do it.

Deja vu all up in this bitch.

Mahouka 12
A crime probably committed somehow by terrorists at the competition and it's up to Batman-nii-sama to solve it with a super long and complex explanation with a lot of jargon. also wooing more girls without realizing it because that's how Batman-nii-sama rolls.

Hyouka 3
Awwwww. That wasn't a
love confession
. Dang.

I love how Oreki was able to subtlety
blackmail a senior into finding the anthologies and bring them to the club room
. It was actually quite ingenious. Him being as smart as he is just makes this show so much better. There's some really good dynamics going on between the characters. The writing I think is a lot better than many animes that I have seen in quite some time. It's really clever.

And again with the cliffhanger...

JoeFu

Banned
Can anybody recommend an external BD player? I'm going to be out of the country for like 5 months and I feel like I'll need to watch some BD's while I'm away. Also how can I access US Crunchyroll while out of the country? Do I need a VPN or something?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Knight in the Area 4-9

Man your national team is in some deep shit when you're dragging high schoolers off the street who haven't played in years and throwing them into matches (but at least semi-plausible given how irrelevant of a match it is and Seven's phenom status). Still really enjoying this show even though it clearly has no budget because the actual football parts are downright painful to watch at times.

It's a poor mans Adachi through and through but its still a cut above some other football anime I've watched like Whistle and Hungry Heart but its no Giant Killing.

Actually its got a fair bit of Major to it but theres some actual focus on the main female which is really refreshing.

jgminto

Can anybody recommend an external BD player? I'm going to be out of the country for like 5 months and I feel like I'll need to watch some BD's while I'm away. Also how can I access US Crunchyroll while out of the country? Do I need a VPN or something?

I use Tunnelbear to access the shows not on Australian CR. If you turn it on, open the browser and go to CR, then turn off Tunnelbear, CR stays in that region until you close the browser.

Kamigami no Asobi 12

ztFl9CSl.jpg

Last time for speaking with the teacher.

Well they went all out for the last episode. Great threat to the world, magical boys everywhere. Would have been better if they spent some time giving each one a magical boy transformation scene though. I was actually kinda surprised they were going to do a downer ending well until the last scene because that would have been interesting. But oh well, of course we get a happy ending but still enjoyable.

Dog Days 02

YGcUpHil.jpg

This show is much more enjoyable with MaMo voicing the lead.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 11

Now this was how to do a terrible ending. No real resolution, it didn't even felt like a non-ending for adaptations. Like it was going to build up to something more but nope, instead here's a bunch of teaser images of what's going to happen in the LN that you peasants who can't read the LN won't be able to enjoy.

No Game No Life 11

Surprisingly this game did basically became Akiba's Trip with guns.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Knight in the Area 4-9
Don't watch this. It's like the worst of sports anime combined with the worst of jdrama.

Seven is like the only redeeming thing about the show, but even then I'd run away.

---

Soredemo Sekai dropping some massive fucking truth bombs:
jMxUTjIl.jpg

xYDGZ59l.jpg

1itOvSnl.jpg

Dude should pretty much yell this to every single protag in anime romcom history.

---
Kamagami Asobi ends with your typical harem end:
Uiddmixl.jpg

These reverse harems are so bad, but I still enjoy watching them for some reason. Fujoshi wishfulfillment seems so innocent compared to the male otaku equivalent. lol

Mahouka 12
"Afterall Tatsuya was the one who came running, saw at a glance that your ribs were fractured, and then told the paramedics what to do."

My god, can he be anymore of a Gary-Stu. At this point Tatsuya is truly gods gift upon mankind.

iV7jF2C1pGPVL.jpg

Bah. I dropped this halfway through the season. If it got heartwarming again, that means I need to go back and finish it! Bahhhh humbug.

mankoto

Huh, I can't remember if I finished that episode of Star Driver... Whoops

THE iDOLM@STER 09-11
I still can't choose who my favorite idol is. It use to be just Maki, but all of these individual character arcs make me want to be a fan of all of them. The detective episode (8) for instance was simply marvelous.

Mekakucity Actors 11
As always I get what's going on and then there's that one part that throws me for a loop. In this instance, all I really don't get is how
Takane got back in her real body. I know they showed her finding her body But I didn't think they'd just put her back with no explanation.
It's like Jin is indirectly telling me to read the light novels or something.

Captain Earth 12
Hana, proving once more she's one of the best dark-skinned waifus out there. It's also pretty refreshing to see one if them refusing to turn into a planetary gear.

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken Stardust Crusaders 12
It was like I was watching part two all over again which is awesome.

Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season 09-11
It feels weird to have basically watched it all in a week only to wait a day or two until the finale. Although some scenes were overly dramatic for its own good, I enjoyed this series a lot.

Branduil

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 12

When are these guys going to realize you never split the party?

Joseph still the best JoJo.

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage 2

ib04UIdsOfJ9CB.gif

jman2050

I'll catch up on Brynhildr soon, but eh, let's watch something people like for a change.

No Game No Life 1

Brother-sister NEET pair who are introduced as gaming gods by having both of them win 4v1200 in an online game and by showing us that the sister has apparently solved chess (this is not just "haha how unrealistic" this is so brazenly far into the realm of impossibility that it kind of owns) get sucked into a fantasy world where their fates are determined solely by their skills in gaming, ala Mondaiji Tachi.
And in the end of the episode a hot naked chick shows up at the brother's door in the hotel room they're staying at

This anime is like GAF's wet dream or something. Aside from this weird color filter they have going on and blatant fanservice using an 11-year old girl, this is a very promising start.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'll catch up on Brynhildr soon, but eh, let's watch something people like for a change.

No Game No Life 1

Brother-sister NEET pair who are introduced as gaming gods by having both of them win 4v1200 in an online game and by showing us that the sister has apparently solved chess (this is not just "haha how unrealistic" this is so brazenly far into the realm of impossibility that it kind of owns) get sucked into a fantasy world where their fates are determined solely by their skills in gaming, ala Mondaiji Tachi.
And in the end of the episode a hot naked chick shows up at the brother's door in the hotel room they're staying at

This anime is like GAF's wet dream or something. Aside from this weird color filter they have going on and blatant fanservice using an 11-year old girl, this is a very promising start.

I really feel like I watched a different anime from everyone else here. lol

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No Game No Life Episode 4
This anime is rather highly entertaining. I cant help but make the comparison to code geass, but at the same time, its a completely different thing, really love the artstyle and even the characers, I want to see more and its hitting the right notes when it comes to humor

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

No Game No Life 1

Watch the second episode, it instantly gets waaaayy better somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom