• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I don't think they have the capabilities of blowing to begin with

In what way? =p
13Yym2z.png

Sorry, I just happened to remember this from the Treehouse stream.

duckroll

Because when a mediocre harem series transforms into fantasy Matrix, I expect EVERYTHING to have a reason. Fuckin Neo doesn't even know kung-fu in this one.

I literally have no idea what you said in that sentence, and I'm just going to assume it means "I like watching bad shows." :)

Monogatari
Really enjoyed the 'second' season. It had everything I was looking forward to happen within the 26 episodes. In addition they also pulled the surprise of humanizing Kaiki, he's actually a pretty cool guy.
Why did you have to die Kaiki :(
. I guess a good thing is that I wont have to wait long for the next show to come out considering that Hanamonogatari is just weeks away. After that, I may have to pick up the Light Novels. No clue where I would start from though.

Link Man

Banned
Monogatari
Really enjoyed the 'second' season. It had everything I was looking forward to happen within the 26 episodes. In addition they also pulled the surprise of humanizing Kaiki, he's actually a pretty cool guy.
Why did you have to die Kaiki :(
. I guess a good thing is that I wont have to wait long for the next show to come out considering that Hanamonogatari is just weeks away. After that, I may have to pick up the Light Novels. No clue where I would start from though.

It's August, I believe.

Thoraxes

One Week Friends - 12 END

Oh god Hase why did you eat the wrapper?

All in all, not bad. The drama kinda sucked towards the end but this last episode was right back in the comfy zone. Also really great OST by Nobuko Toda. It's nice hearing her work in anime.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Mekaku City Actor 11
Wow, they finally use IA for the insert song.
Also, this episode is definitely going to confuse those who haven't watch Outer Science and Lost Time Memory PV

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 12

Well, at least there's a progress, i quite enjoy it as far as romcom goes

Ping Pong the Animation 11

PERFECTION, truly the anime of the season. This is great adaptation all the way, not just the animation, but Yuasa manage to expand the story as well.

Nanana 11

It's okay i guess, not great but not bad either. That tease at the end though...here wishing for 2nd season.

A bit off topic

This could be the official OST for yuri lover

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Monday's: Sailor Moon Episode 13:

So at long last we reach the one quarter mark on the Sailor Moon season, which established in formula that the first big showdown of the season takes place around this time. Indeed, Jadeite has failed once too often and is now order to war against the Sailor Scouts personally. Honestly, this episode was a step down for the last couple mainly because Usagi was about out her whiniest she has ever been and that just makes me want to see her vocal cords collapse. It was refreshing that the power ranger plot of the week to a backseat to the vow of vengeance. The actual battle was a bit too drawn out for my tastes and Tuexdeo Mask once again did like one thing before vanishing.
Jadeite's breakdown near the end with the casual sexism was pretty interesting to watch with the lens of modernity. I also really enjoyed that Moon Tiara Action DID NOT end the fight instead leading Jadeite to miscalculate a tumble and get run over by a plane. Also, Jadeite isn't really dead, just literally put to crystal sleep and we are introduced to Nephrite.
Overall, this was a solid affair though it was also kind of bland and cold as well, kind of a perfect summation of Jadeite as a chracter on this program. If this were not so important to the overarching story, I would give this a recommend to avoid.

Thoraxes

Ahaha. I thought that too, and I was even going to post a gif of it, but on closer inspection I decided it was just about plausible that the wrapper was scrunched up in his fist.

It's all I kept thinking about the rest of the episode lol

I couldn't tell if he pocketed it or not, but I can go with that explanation too.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Monday's: Sailor Moon Episode 14:

Indeed, the paradigm has shifted once again so it is time to introduce the next major nemesis for the Sailor Scouts, the dark solider Nephrite and already he is a fair bit more interesting then the alabaster slab of haughty and boring that was Jadeite. I like the he establishes himself by having a different MO then Jadeite as he will divinitate and target individuals for the energy of macguffin.
We also, get to see Zoesite in all of his unaltered glory for the first time.
Come to think of it there was quite a bit of plot progression this episode, Usagi and the Scouts learn the true name of the enemy and their overall goal and shit Tuxedo Mask wasn't useless for once and we see the first shades of hinting that there is more to him then meets the eye.. Also, since this is time period where regular humans could still get airtime, Naru get a fair bit of backstory though I get the feeling it was one of those relevant to this episode only deals. Really, the only major black mark is the tennis gimmick was a bit too goofy even for this show. Highest recommendations or this episode.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I actually finished watching the second season of Magi: Labyrinth of Magic. I was not expecting it to be so awesome. Definitely cliffhangers you, but it seems to be waiting for a season 3.

The first Season's animation was not great, but it hit a so bad it's charming tier a couple of times. I was kind of blown away by how season 2 ramped up the production/budget. I definitely thought season 1 was a bit slow at first, but it got good right around Balbadd.

Go Flag Yourself 12

The teacher has absolutely no reason to be part of the harem.
Well , what can you say when you need another TANK in order to raid that LAST BOSS LAIR

Neo in matrix was a fool, he just needed beam spamming and a party of helpers and he wouldn't have ended in this state.
I literally have no idea what you said in that sentence, and I'm just going to assume it means "I like watching bad shows." :)
You actually need to take everything in this sentence on their first meaning.
Starts up like a harem fantasy , became a matrix-like fantasy

Everything post the original story has been fanservice-y.

Yep.

This part made me laugh in how pathetic are most KN/mangas/animes

Although she is Okabe's long-distance girlfriend, the two are very clumsy with their feelings, and there has been no progress in their relationship.

6 fucking years, but there has been no progress because what do we put in the actual story if there has been progress in the backstory! It's like the writer is saying "fuck believable plausible characters and relationships, they all have been in a stasis chamber because it's convenient to me".

I've watched a couple of episodes of No Game No Life, and it seems pretty enjoyable (purple filter is an overkill though).
Without major spoilers, will main characters continue to steamroll everyone until the end, or will there be loses and drama?
I hope this is just a fun series about them owning opponents in different ways while being badass.

Chariot

I've watched a couple of episodes of No Game No Life, and it seems pretty enjoyable (purple filter is an overkill though).
Without major spoilers, will main characters continue to steamroll everyone until the end, or will there be loses and drama?
I hope this is just a fun series about them owning opponents in different ways while being badass.
So far zhey don't lose. They have a rough time, but they don't actually lose, especially because Sora always goes all in. A loss at any point would mean end of the show.
You can easiliy enjoy the show and blanks victories.

Thoraxes

To quote the characters of the show: "Blank never loses."

You should watch more of it to see if they keep that up.
they never lose
I won't explain why.

RoeBear

If you can play a video game as four characters at once, while controlling two of them with your feet, you should never lose.

To quote the characters of the show: "Blank never loses."

You should watch more of it to see if they keep that up.
I just want it to be a comedy until the end.
Because some comedy series I've watched last year suddenly switched into "serious drama and life lessons" mode in final episodes. Which I didn't like.

Date A Live 4
tumblr_n7men2fTfG1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Poor Origami and Tohka, but Tonomachi's cookies are best for Shido and he accepted. The school scenes are hilarious especially how different Origami and Tohka are and the faces Shido makes. Then the house scene and Shido's response at both bath scenes. More.

Yoshino's puppet commentary is hilarious when done through the puppet.

Oreca Battle 12

Dont know if this is ending next week, the plot kind of sets it up for it but there is still someone yet to be seen in the op
also Im a bit shocked if that is who the king is, he seemed liked he have been summoned from black and red flames, not pure red like everyone else has been with Fire-kun.

/XX/

Humikane also did the designs for Garupan, you can't escaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape.

Just for future reference: Yukaricchi is the best girl, while Saori is the UNFest.

Strike Witches bullying convincing was for many purposes, lewd and otherwise.
And the very same Takeshi Nogami we talked about collaborated in that too... in fact, not only he was a general advisor and made recommendations for different character traits in Girls und Panzer, but also previous works from him served as prototype for the actual series' themes; special mention to Sailor Uniform and Heavy Tank, plus other like Panzerfräulein ALTESEISEN (Steel Maidens) or Moeyo! Tank School (books that even had cameos in GuP, for example; Moeyo! Tank School being read by Saki "not-DAIJOUBU!" Maruyama at the first episodes, or with Sailor Uniform and Heavy Tank featured as a poster illustration at Yukari's room).

And Mr. Nogami is also a good 'cosplayer'! How can somebody not love this guy? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom