• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankoto

So I just tried to install the Vita crunchyroll app, but it's not there?

What the fuck? What happened to the app?
Woah, that's weird. Yeah I just looked for it myself and it isn't there. It's part of the apps/games scrolling on top when you enter the store, but even then the download button is gone. Although when I went through my download list it's still there and I just redownloaded it...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I just tried to install the Vita crunchyroll app, but it's not there?

What the fuck? What happened to the app?

It vanished last week.

Nobody knows why. Crunchyroll pulled it.

Woah, that's weird. Yeah I just looked for it myself and it isn't there. It's part of the apps/games scrolling on top when you enter the store, but even then the download button is gone. Although when I went through my download list it's still there and I just redownloaded it...

As is the case for 99% of the content that gets pulled from the store, you're able to redownload something after you initially download it. Theres been only a handful of exceptions.

mankoto

Space Dandy 01
Well that was kinda entertaining. And I'm guessing this completely episodic considering how the episode ended and how the second episode opened up the exact same way.

Edit: I guess not?

BluWacky

Sailor Moon 14

Was the 3rd one of Queen Beryl's a girl in the English dub? They're clearly going for effeminate guy in Japanese which threw me off because I remember that character being a girl.

ZOY!

(I have nothing else to add. Can't remember - does Zoicite shout when attacking in the original?)

Midonin

Love Live! S2 11-12

The emotions are running as high as they've ever been in these past two episodes. What I said about the finale and the climax not being quite the same thing holds, and I'm glad the writers allowed themselves enough leeway for a second season, but it's clear that the end is definitely here. Graduation episodes are a surefire way to aim right for the audience's heartstrings, and these followed through on that. The performance of their new song, and the reprisal of the first season's OP, were both really fun to watch, and I loved the day that Honoka spent with her friends and the school sleepover. Nico even got some respect for once! The editing is as snappy as it ever was, the music's alright, too. This is a great place to end, but having one more episode to provide some closure is welcome. I'm gonna miss this show.

Nice to see there more variety of scenes and settings because, after the PVs and the comments that Yūichirō "animesama" Oguro made about lots of action sequences after having watched it on its entirety, I was starting to think that the OVA would be practically only focused around the battle itself against Anzio High School.

Well, I like that they will use the OVA to properly introduce the later joining girls.

A nice way to intregate the OVA into the main series instead of making an isolated bonus episode.

/XX/

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but someone could read that as implying that Tomino didn't have a ton of goody stuff before - he absolutely did. Obviously the "kill 'em all stuff" is now missing so there's no contrast.
I have to wonder what it would have happened if Mr. Tomino 'The Storyboarder' never acquired that much fame and consequently would have continued to make very good contributions for other people's projects... everyone wins! :p

Well, I like that they will use the OVA to properly introduce the later joining girls.

A nice way to intregate the OVA into the main series instead of making an isolated bonus episode.
Yeah! I sure will be expecting something as nicely integrated for the film too.

Mokoi

Banned
Love Live S2 12

v9V2VGDl.png
My biggest problem throughout this show has been the wonderful quality shots. I hope the blu rays fix this, but I am not sure how much they actually add to them. Also this guys face during the shot cracks me up so much.

I am sure the translators took some liberty with it, but Nico seems to believe she is Kamina.

Overall this was a great episode, and the emotions portrayed during it didn't seem like pure shit to me compared to last week. Spending their time sleeping over at the school was fun scene. It ended as good as I could of hope. Really liked the nice throwback to first OP during their encore. Can't wait to see how they close off with the final episode next week.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon 14

Was the 3rd one of Queen Beryl's a girl in the English dub? They're clearly going for effeminate guy in Japanese which threw me off because I remember that character being a girl.

Overall it was nice to have a solo episode for Usagi done well, also we got a tease for something going wrong with Tuxedo Mask's power which IIRC becomes a bigger plot point later in this season. Not a big fan of the new villain he seems pretty generic.

All in all a solid episode but not as good as 13.

This is why Dic's dub was evil.

Caesnd

I have no faith in Tomino no matter what tone he writes or directs. All I hope for is that his input isn't bad enough to stink up the joint, to the point where it interferes with my eyes watching Yoshida's beautiful art.

Yoshida is by far the best character designer in the business at the moment in my opinion, so I really want G-reconguista to be good, but I really have a bad feeling about it, despite wanting to stay optimistic. I think I've been reading too many comments on here...

Crocodile

Yep.

This part made me laugh in how pathetic are most KN/mangas/animes

6 fucking years, but there has been no progress because what do we put in the actual story if there has been progress in the backstory! It's like the writer is saying "fuck believable plausible characters and relationships, they all have been in a stasis chamber because it's convenient to me".

Yeah I saw that line too and it garnered the same "rolls eyes" and SMH response from me :/

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
In the latest episode of Love Live they say they are glad they are school idols because that means they are now connected (spiritually) with everyone in the vicinity. It has been shown many times they live in Tokyo meaning that in the vicinity there are a lot of tourists who have likely never even heard of the concept of school idol. Basically the show is lying through its teeth and that is wrong.

Superflat

when did idol culture really take off in Japan? It seems really popular now.

In the past decade, I would say it started when AKB48 became (mainstream) popular in 2010. MM was sort of the only idol group that had traction in the early 2000's and started to wither away, but after AKB48 took the crown, hundreds of groups started taking off/forming all over Japan.

Midonin

Crime Edge 04-06

Episode 4 was mostly self-contained, but I liked how it set up for some of the elements that would come into play in the next mini-arc. The people are getting freakier, and the series is getting gorier, but the core of Iwai's sweetness continues to keep the series feeling fun and adventurey instead of going completely into despair. Kozakura's one of my favorite new characters, and Seigi is just about what I'd expect from an Akira Ishida character. When you want someone who looks ambiguous physically and morally, he's usually the go-to for these kinds of roles. The vice president was alright for a minor Author, and all of them are a step above the Sledgehammer guy. The brute muscle killer never lasts long in these things. (Like, ironically, Scissors.)

As far as survival game anime go, it's pretty alright.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Love Live S2 12

μ's finally performs at Love Live. The encore was great.
I keep seeing people praising the "encore". Why? They literally just played the season one opening. It didn't actually happen. Was the main character just imagining it in some kind of fever dream?

Midonin

The CG dance was the same footage, but the brief animated inserts were new footage showing μ's getting ready for the performance. Not a fever dream, but as the culmination of everything, it feels like a nice gesture to play it here.

I keep seeing people praising the "encore". Why? They literally just played the season one opening. It didn't actually happen. Was the main character just imagining it in some kind of fever dream?

It showed the three fan girls from their school bring their outfits and they all got changed to do the second song. It was cut in between the OP's old scenes.

jgminto

Yowamushi Pedal 37

Sooooo why did Fukutomi
leave behind the rest of his team at all? It didn't really make sense to me, other than for setting up a surprise ending.
Only one more episode this season...going to suck waiting for the resolution to the Interhigh.

Superflat

Just finished Puella Magi Infected WIXOSS. It's pretty clear that they blew the budget (and the bass) on the last episode. Felt a bit rushed but not to the extent where I couldn't follow what was going on. Lots of payoffs.

Overall, I enjoyed it quite a bit! It's not the best of the season by any means but it's among the stand-outs for me. The oppressive atmosphere and tone is wonderful. It also helps that this is much better than most of JC Staff's not-Railgun/Index anime projects, which usually end up horrible.

Sufficiently hyped for the second season.

Acosta

Kurisu Makise, age 24. After graduating from the Victor Condoria graduate school, and currently is an associate member of the neuroscience research team at the same college. Although she is Okabe's long-distance girlfriend, the two are very clumsy with their feelings, and there has been no progress in their relationship.

Oh, come on, lol.

Not a fan of Kurisu new hair, and what the hell they did to Mayushi?, she looks a married woman with sons.

I think the OVA and the film was enough fanservice for me. I absolutely love Steins; Gate, but not very interested on this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The CG dance was the same footage, but the brief animated inserts were new footage showing μ's getting ready for the performance. Not a fever dream, but as the culmination of everything, it feels like a nice gesture to play it here.
But why are those costumes even there? Their classmates bring them from school or something but when, how, and why? How could they change and do their hair in a timely manner completely unprepared? How could they do all of this backstage instead of in some changing room? How would the stage be prepared with the song ready for something completely unplanned for?

Black Lagoon 1-21

I think the shows enjoyable. The only thing I don't like is how they magically never get hit in a barrage of bullets and it's not due to skill. It's like everyone else just sucks at aiming.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Black Lagoon 1-21

I think the shows enjoyable. The only thing I don't like is how they magically never get hit in a barrage of bullets and it's not due to skill. It's like everyone else just sucks at aiming.

How would one show skillful dodging of bullets in anime?

The only example I can think of is that High School of the Dead gif.

Tenumi

Banned
Black Lagoon 1-21

Kinda would be a short story if they died from bullet wounds 5 minutes into the first episode.

I completely understand, though.

Black Lagoon 1-21

Yup, that's stormtrooper aiming. Would be hard to write a nice story if everyone had good aim.

But why are those costumes even there? Their classmates bring them from school or something but when, how, and why? How could they change and do their hair in a timely manner completely unprepared? How could they do all of this backstage instead of in some changing room? How would the stage be prepared with the song ready for something completely unplanned for?

It's an anime, don't think about it too much. (best answer I can give honestly, lol)

I mean Revy just literally stands there out in the open while everyone is firing upon her and she would shoot and kill. They don't even have some sort of Equilibrium type Gun Stance.

Mokoi

Banned

That's is like questioning H-logic you just go with it. No matter how shitty it is explained.

Geneijin

Just a heads up for anyone who's a fan and in the area...

BUY TICKETS

73min / Japanese with English subtitles

Based on the hit anime K, K MISSING KINGS picks up where the series left off. Featuring the same director and scriptwriter as the series, this movie brings the characters that you've grown to love in the same spirit of action, honor, and loyalty. K MISSING KINGS also sees the return of popular voice actors such as Daisuke Namikawa, Daisuke Ono, and Tomokazu Sugita, reprising their roles for the first time on the big screen.

The story starts some time after the Island Academy Incident, in which four of the seven great Kings crossed paths. Since this time, silver clansmen Kuroh Yatogami and Neko have been searching for their master, Yashiro Isana, the Silver King. Their search having turned up fruitless, the two begin to give up hope, until they encounter Anna Kushina and Rikio Kamamoto, two members of the red clan HOMRA being chased by someone.

http://www.newpeopleworld.com/schedule/2014/7/18/k-missing-kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom