• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
How have you all been today? A coworker of mine changed jobs at the end of last week, so everything he was working on got distributed amongst the rest of our team. Made for a busier Monday than usual.

This is basically how I have to work 90% of the time for the last couple years

Jarmel

Banned
I wonder what its like to go to a major convention

It's like shit. You're stuck with a bunch of weirdos in costumes who have probably seen a week's worth of anime, the quality of SAO/AOT/Oreimo, as they all block you from going from point A to point B. All the while you wish someone would get a hose and start power-washing people as they enter.

Clov

so Anime Expo is the big one for announcements for the US?

Yep, a bunch of the North American anime license companies will be there, so expect lots of announcements. Funimation, Sentai, Aniplex, Viz, RightStuf, and NIS America all have panels there.

I'm expecting Viz to announce that they're bringing over the new Jojo's anime, personally. I hope that the other announcements surprise me!

I hope RightStuf will actually start releasing Blu-Rays. I need Utena in HD

cajunator

Banned
It's like shit. You're stuck with a bunch of weirdos in costumes who have probably seen a week's worth of anime, the quality of SAO/AOT/Oreimo, as they all block you from going from point A to point B. All the while you wish someone would get a hose and start power-washing people as they enter.

The biggest I went to was mechacon in New Orleans and lines were stuuuuuupid.
the one here in Lafayette is small and easy to navigate. I dont have to fight people and I know all the artists. Damn its fun.
Also since nobody buys figures Im free to drop a few hundred on the ones Im looking for.

Rhapsody

Banned
Speaking of which, anyone here going to AX? I'm going this year, but I'm not the type of person goes to these every year.
Been going every other year or so because friends tend to be in town.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's been on the top scroller every time I've been on the store in the past week. Which makes this even stranger.

It definitely wasn't there. I've checked 3 times in the past week, including once this morning. Theres posts all over the CR forum with people asking where it went.

A doujin is what happens when fandoms wishes go unfulfilled

That's not to say all of them are bad. There are some cool ones out there. There's Madoka and Nanoha crossover action doujins out there which are pretty cool.

Though the only doujin I'd like to see is a Madoka and TTGL crossover doujin. Like you wouldn't want to see *spoilers for both shows*
Madokami and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann throwing galaxies at each other.

Sword Art Online - 12

Wait....what?

Mr. Kayaba, if you were planning on trapping ten thousand people inside your online virtual MMO, with the intent on causing people to feel immersed in your world, with feelings of fear, rage, anger and the like, WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER BUILDING A SELF-AWARE AI PROGRAM SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO PUT PEOPLE AT EASE IN THE FIRST PLACE? Why didn't you just delete the thing immediately instead of forbidding it to do what you SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED IT FOR?!?

And for that matter, WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME PUTTING SELF AWARE AI IN A VIDEO GAME? YOU CAN MAKE A FORTUNE OFF OF THAT SHIT! IT'S SELF-AWARE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! YOU CAN MAKE CHOBITS A REALITY! YOU COULD MAKE DIGIMON A REALITY! BUT NO, INSTEAD HE JUST PUTS THIS THING IN AN ONLINE VIRTUAL REALITY MMO AND NOT USE IT AND BECOME A MASS MURDERING CRIMINAL IN THE PROCESS.

The mastermind behind this entire MMO is the biggest moron in the history of everything. NOTHING is accomplished from this.

Oh this show hurts.

Jintor

I keep hearing this about American cons. What's with you yanks and not bathing? All the Aussie cons I've been too have been totally fine

cajunator

Banned
That's not to say all of them are bad. There are some cool ones out there. There's Madoka and Nanoha crossover action doujins out there which are pretty cool.

Though the only doujin I'd like to see is a Madoka and TTGL crossover doujin. Like you wouldn't want to see *spoilers for both shows*

Sword Art Online - 12

Wait....what?

Mr. Kayaba, if you were planning on trapping ten thousand people inside your online virtual MMO, with the intent on causing people to feel immersed in your world, with feelings of fear, rage, anger and the like, WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER BUILDING A SELF-AWARE AI PROGRAM SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO PUT PEOPLE AT EASE IN THE FIRST PLACE? Why didn't you just delete the thing immediately instead of forbidding it to do what you SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED IT FOR?!?

And for that matter, WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME PUTTING SELF AWARE AI IN A VIDEO GAME? YOU CAN MAKE A FORTUNE OFF OF THAT SHIT! IT'S SELF-AWARE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! YOU CAN MAKE CHOBITS A REALITY! YOU COULD MAKE DIGIMON A REALITY! BUT NO, INSTEAD HE JUST PUTS THIS THING IN AN ONLINE VIRTUAL REALITY MMO AND NOT USE IT AND BECOME A MASS MURDERING CRIMINAL IN THE PROCESS.

The mastermind behind this entire MMO is the biggest moron in the history of everything. NOTHING is accomplished from this.

Oh this show hurts.

You were warned of course.

Clov

Anime North had a lot of doujin from Japan in dealers room. There was even a stand that had an entire section of bara.

Sword Art Online - 12

Wait....what?

Oh this show hurts.

Serious answer :
This Ai was used as a mean to understand human players by studying their emotionnal state*.it was part of a project that was meant to give Great AI to rockets ( limitary rockets ) Kayaba didn't like the idea and changed the project direction

It's actually part of a very complex Ai that generate quests based on player behavior.
In aincrad , the need of the players is meet by new quests that are made dynamicly and given to npcs as starting points.

The quest for reviving 'that' pet in one of the earlier episode was made dynamicly in the game because there was a great deal of players that lost their pets.
This complex ai system is part of system who had a purpose of making the necessary adjustements to helps the players when needed or to hinder them if they progressed too fast.
The entire system was monitoring EVERY player and it's that same system that decided to give the dual skill to kirito.

They open fire at each other for like half an hour.

Hey they were aiming properly , those 2 just had extreme plot armor ( especially roberta )

Soredemo Sekai Utsukushi - 11
Soredemo%20Sekai%20wa%20Utsukushii%20-%2011.jpg

That moment was golden.
So this mess is almost solved... i'm liking those characters quite a lot now.. from livius to niko , they form a genuine couple now , so this episode interraction don't feel forced to me.

Good stuff overall.
I really need to figure out this piece of data.

Number of people who regularly post in this thread and don't loathe SAO is...?

Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom