• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesen't stop me from waiting. I was so sad when I heard that Little Busters wasn't made by KyoAni.

JC Staff didn't do a bad job..... but KyoAni could've done better.

Little Busters was good just not as good as other Key shows I feel. I'll admit I was slightly disappointed too when it was announced JC Staff and not KyoAni doing LB. I was the same way with AB before I saw Angel Beats. PA Works I thought did a fantastic job given the production schedule and budget.

Chariot

JC Staff didn't do a bad job..... but KyoAni could've done better.

Little Busters was good just not as good as other Key shows I feel. I'll admit I was slightly disappointed too when it was announced JC Staff and not KyoAni doing LB. I was the same way with AB before I saw Angel Beats. PA Works I thought did a fantastic job given the production schedule and budget.
I've never seen Little Busters, justheard that the second season was kind of good. I hate Angel Beats, though. Really looked forward to this, the setting and the humor seemed right. But it turned out a huge mess, with the humor disrupting the drama, a lot of stuff making no sense
why exactly is Kanade there before Protagonist is? He definitly died before her, since she got his heart.
and random twists
Oh no, the evil mastermind was... random pupil#13?

Write an idol novel and submit it to that competition they have :p
Well, at least my bad english can't be a minus, it's probably not worse than theirs #racism
I submitted a work but all I got in return was an email with the message "No english". :(
Damn! My dreams... shattered.

Quasar

I've never seen Little Busters, justheard that the second season was kind of good.

I liked S1 of Little Busters, thought 2 was crap though. Part of it might just have been that I thought the 'twist' was god awful and was spoiled on that before it aired so I almost didn't even bother to begin with.

As for those Love Live numbers, I'm just sad its not Love Lab which I always get confused with when people mention Love Live.

Rhapsody

Banned
I've never seen Little Busters, justheard that the second season was kind of good. I hate Angel Beats, though. Really looked forward to this, the setting and the humor seemed right. But it turned out a huge mess, with the humor disrupting the drama, a lot of stuff making no sense
why exactly is Kanade there before Protagonist is? He definitly died before her, since she got his heart.
and random twists
Oh no, the evil mastermind was... random pupil#13?
I assume it was because
Otonashi was only sent there to let Kanade pass on. It was the only thing keeping her from resting peacefully.
Although then again,
it took awhile for Otonashi to arrive after Kanade. I guess the other reason is just time flowing differently.

As for the 2nd part, I hated that lol. Anime definitely suffered from being too short so I'm actually looking forward to how the VNs turn out. I can't imagine Maeda being satisfied with so little episodes.

DiGiKerot

I don't get it.

I guess I really underestimated idol popularity.

It's pretty simple - this is how you get the best tickets for the next annual Love Live concert. When you buy the BD, you get a code which you enter into a website which gives you a chance of getting a concert ticket, and the more copies and codes you get, the more chances you have of actually managing to score a ticket to the event, and the more chance you get of winning good seats. Given some of the the best seats to the last show were reselling for around $900 according to Love Livers I've talked to, and that they're getting super-hard on event ticket reselling as of late, well...

I mean, you tend to get certain dedicated fans buying multiple copies of any show - not every one of those Madoka sales were to unique people either - because Japanese stores will typically have an exclusive item which is only available in that retailer, but in the case of Love Live, you not only had that going on, and the LLSIF code going on, but you had some people picking up a dozen copies or so simply for the concert lottery tickets.

The result was that you had Japanese blogs reporting day-one, code-stripped used copies of the volume selling for as little as 100-500yen.

Not that this particularly detracts from the popularity of the show - you only see people buying that many copies because the group is popular enough that people want to go to the concerts - but the attach ratio for the show is really, really screwed. It may well only be selling to as few as 20,000 people.

(Also, Oricon have started filtering out foreign sales when they can, and I have at least one US acquaintance who I think grabbed 4-5 copies, so it wouldn't actually shock me if that sales figure was actually a couple of thousand short of the actual sales...)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, I missed out on not using those codes I had for a YuruYuri concert.

But it would be against my moral code just to get a ticket just to sell it on.

duckroll

Yes, resort to insults. That almost always makes things better.

He's not insulting you, he's concerned. If you really can't see what's wrong with the background composition in those pictures, that could be a sign of visual impairment. Best to get a checkup before it gets worse.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Branduil is a troublemaker.

But yeah. Angel Beats was notorious for cutting corners with digital copy pasta, it... wasn't PA Work's finest moment.

Fortunately they redeemed themselves somewhat with Hanasaku Iroha a year later. And then again with Uchouten Kazoku.

wonzo

Banned
anohana pastebin dethroned

prisonschool114.png

Dragonar Academy 11
He admittedly got closer than most anime protagonists but he is really a chicken. And his little dragon girl got captured and turned into a very destructive force

JimPanzer

guys, I need your help finding an anime of which I watched a few episodes but can't remeber the name. it had a rather distinct, simplistic art-style and I remember one scene: a couple sitting on a bench, making out till one of them transforms into a monster and eats the other. hope this helps :D

/XX/

How come we aren't getting new variations of Yūji Ōno's Lupin the Third song themes on the upcoming works? Not for the recently premiered animation film but neither for the new live-action one too! Lets take a time to remember this man's legacy:

ルパン三世'80 LIVE ver. "Lupin the third" - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pzkA_Ac79M

炎のたからもの 大野雄二ピアノソロver. "Lupin the third" - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOvZ_rTI_g

These extracts come from the magnificent Lupin the Third 30th anniversary special concert called "LUPIN!LUPIN!!LUPIN!!!", celebrated at Shinagawa's Prince Hotel venue Stellar Ball, Tōkyō, and released on DVD in 2007 (http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000XOCPH4/) as one of the only occasions we could see live recordings of Mr. Ōno's 'big band'-type formation; the Lupintic Sixteen.

Fan-faction manga or amateur original manga
Isn't just "doujin" more of a general term for amateur/non-professional works?
But professional authors also release 'dōjin' inside their own publishing circles... and those same professionals go to an event where they have additional liberties to share their original works; COMITIA. I'd prefer to use the term 'dōjin' preferably to refer to any self-published work outside of own contract restrictions and responsibilities.

They don't frequent this thread.
YOU don't frequent this thread anymore... :-(

And talking of 'dōjin', this is an example of one we could be getting sometime... featuring Mr. Tsukimoto being tenderly loved by him. :-D

Majin Bone Episode 13

Pretty epic fight going on especially with the song playing. Dark Panther needed to be defeated.

The theme of the environmentalism/being stewards of the earth seemed rather fitting for the series and an interesting lesson to include for the aliens to take on, at least in her conversation to them.

BluWacky

guys, I need your help finding an anime of which I watched a few episodes but can't remeber the name. it had a rather distinct, simplistic art-style and I remember one scene: a couple sitting on a bench, making out till one of them transforms into a monster and eats the other. hope this helps :D

That would be Kemonozume, specifically this scene.

Yowamushi Pedal

I'm getting really tired of Midosuji creepiness now. I'm hoping that in the next episode someone will tell him to shut the hell up.

phaze

That would be Kemonozume, specifically this scene.

o_O

Rourouni Kenshin 01

This goofy,red haired man could not possibly be the great manslayer Battousai !

Major Trigun vibes here, at least the cat was out of the bag by the end of episode.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 09

Ahh the bliss of a newlywed life !

Dio sure was a persistent bastard.
I certainly didn't see Jojo kicking the bucket so early in the show. Though it seems they left a way to bring him back ?
Dunno what the hell that sculpture was.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 10

And welcome a new much improved Jojo ! Fun introduction into a new arc, think I finally got used to the art style, character designs and production values.

Anything that's a must watch from this season? My one buddy said that Sidonia was a must-watch. Anything else?

Sidonia, No Game No Life and Love Live S2 (which is significantly better than S1 and you should watch S1 if you haven't). Maybe JoJo S2 but the slow pace means that it's less gripping to watch than S1. Haikyuu is not bad too but it's also pretty slow paced and needs some patience to watch.

Sword Art Online – 14

No.

Really? We're just going to have the final boss show up right here and now? Only just a little halfway through the show? Though I have to admit, making the creator of a game the final boss is pretty cool, I guess. That’d be like fighting Nomura in Kingdom Hearts.

Everyone is paralyzed! They can’t move!

Hey, the last time I saw someone’s girlfriend get her ass handed to her right in front of the hero, that was the time that hero did his ultimate transformation and started whooping everybody’s ass. (Kudos to you if you know which show I’m talking about ;))

Come on Kirito, break the rules and go super sayian or something! Asuna clearly broke the rules, and she wasn’t a beater (bahahaha)!

No? We’re going to end this fight with an anti-climatic stab? Really? UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Oh, now they’re in digital heaven now? Sure, whatevs.

Wait…you what? No. What do you mean you forgot the reason why you trapped everybody in your sick digital fantasy world? You can’t forget! It’s perfectly clear for anyone that you had a sick, twisted, demented mind that you wanted a bunch of people to join you in your little happy land forever and ever! YOU MUST BE GOING?!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU MUST BE GOING? YOU'VE GOT 4000 MURDER CHARGES ON YOUR HEAD MISTER! ARE YOU NOT EVEN GOING TO GIVE AT LEAST A HALF-ASSED APOLOGY?!? LIVES WERE RUINED BECAUSE OF YOU!!!!!!

Like, I knew there was no reason why the guy did it going into this show but REALLY?!?

WELP.

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom