• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

I am soooo excited trhat NISA got it but it makes me wonder given how they package things how many releases it will be and how they will divide it up given the two thinpack nature of their current releases. they havent attempted a release of this size before.

The pictures on their website make it look like one big case inside a bigger box with the artbook, but I'm not certain if that's how it actually is. I know it definitely will be good though; NISA's anime releases have always been high quality. My second favorite company in terms of their release quality.

Hyouka 9
Mazui_Hyouka_-_09_695133C4_Jun-22-2012-2.24.25-PM.jpg
This show has found a good mystery with this
murder mystery movie
. It's actually really interesting to watch it play out.
Drunk
Chitanda is funny. She's more hyper than usual and says funny things. I knew that would happen when she started
eating all the whiskey chocolates
. This was a good episode and I think we may reach the arcs conclusion by the next episode.

Despite Oreki always acting like he's not interested, I think he's in actuality very interested in solving this.

cnet128

Banned
THERE! I did it. I finished Fate/stay night. Platinum trophy and everything.

God help me I thought Heavens Feel was never going to end for a while there. Yes, the reason I didn't get around to watching any anime last night was because I was up until like past 2 AM trying to finish everything. And that was after I thought I would be able to finish it during the weekend. Final play time: 136 hours 20 minutes >.>

What a depressing-ass arc though. Goddamn.
I have no idea how they even managed to salvage a happy ending from that mess of everything that could possibly go wrong going horribly wrong and then promptly getting worse. If you can even call it a happy end when Illya had to sacrifice herself. ILLYA NOOOOOOOOO

On the bright side, now that the game is no longer sucking up all of my time, I will be able to concentrate on anime again! Backlog stuff, here I come! (Uh, after I catch up on the stuff I missed yesterday, at least >.>)

cajunator

Banned
The pictures on their website make it look like one big case inside a bigger box with the artbook, but I'm not certain if that's how it actually is. I know it definitely will be good though; NISA's anime releases have always been high quality. My second favorite company in terms of their release quality.

Look at the third shelf in this picture
Ive definitely taken a liking to NISA releases :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe I should get Nausicaa on BD since it is one of my favourites and one of the few Disney dubs that is actually good (shock horror, I praised an American dub). Thing is I'm the last man on earth without a BD player.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

GOD YES. This is going to be so satisfying after I thought we were getting cheated out of a full adaptation of Sengoku Basara 3 when they made The Last Party. I see Magoichi, Tsuruhime, Tenkai/Kobayakawa, Kanbei, Yoshitsugu, basically everyone who was absent from the movie. I just hope that the show has the sense to let the Yukimura/Masamune rivalry take a deserved back seat to the Ieyasu/Mitsunari rivalry. If not, it's going to make for some awkward stuff especially considering that Yukimura is the closest thing the show has to a protagonist and yet
he ends up on the wrong side of history.

Maybe I should get Nausicaa on BD since it is one of my favourites and one of the few Disney dubs that is actually good (shock horror, I praised an American dub). Thing is I'm the last man on earth without a BD player.

The steelbook release comes with a DVD copy too if you don't have a BD player yet.

You don't have a Blu-Ray Player?! Oh dude....

Midonin

Why would an anime that's aired like three or four episodes total suddenly have a TV series released in whole? This is the kind of thing that a little common sense would quickly poke a hole in.

pshyco normally i respect your opinion to the extent to which I am capable of doing so but sir you are mad if you cannot see any perspective issues at the least with these shots

I am sorry about that. I am sure if a half a dozen people on here say there's a problem I am sure there is. It's just not readily apparent to me.

cajunator

Banned

well guess I got kinda burned with Kill Me Baby since I got it on DVD. But I will double dip.
Otherwise I have all of that that I would want. At least Ill get a break that month lol.

How many suckers are going to buy their Fate/Stay Night release thinking it's the same thing as the anime airing at the same time?

This marketing tactic is notorious with live action movies too. Studios will release old or low budget movies at the same time as big budget films are in theatres in order to mislead customers and move product thats not selling otherwise.

Clov

First, nice collection! Second, you reminded me that I have to pick up Daily Lives of High School Boys at some point. It's on my "to-buy" list.

Saw this, nothing I'm especially interested in. Wondering where the rest of the Hidamari Skech BDs are.

I can't wait for this season to end this week and next so I can start Hyouka before the summer season.

Yeah! I am enjoying Hyouka a lot. It's a fun show (I think).

I hope you enjoy it when you start. People told me it was slow to start and I guess I can kind of see it but I like it nonetheless.

cajunator

Banned
First, nice collection! Second, you reminded me that I have to pick up Daily Lives of High School Boys at some point. It's on my "to-buy" list.

Saw this, nothing I'm especially interested in. Wondering where the rest of the Hidamari Skech BDs are.

Hehee. Thats only a tiny part of my collection :p

It's been a few years since I've watched Air and Kanon(2006). And as the person who loves all things Key and KyoAni that won't due.

It looks like I know what I am watching after G Gundam and Hyouka.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah! I am enjoying Hyouka a lot. It's a fun show (I think).

I hope you enjoy it when you start. People told me it was slow to start and I guess I can kind of see it but I like it nonetheless.

I watched episode 1 about a month ago and I was in love with the art style(KyoAni), I just had way too many shows on the go and wouldn't have had the proper time to appreciate Hyouka.

I think youre at the part where Misaki shows up. I love her so much

Yup. She's.... lively. :p

I watched episode 1 about a month ago and I was in love with the art style(KyoAni), I just had way too many shows on the go and wouldn't have had the proper time to appreciate Hyouka.

Yeah right now for me it's Hyouka, G Gundam and Black Bullet. So I am able to sit back and enjoy. And it is a show where you just sit back and enjoy.

Edit: I don't think I have ever properly expressed how much I like Hyouka's OP!

Girls und Panzer 05

Infiltration, wiretapping and battle tactics. Interesting indeed.

The student council seems to be hiding something as well. Hm... This isn't one of those 'if we don't win the school will be shut down' situations is it? Eh, probably not.

Black Bulet 12

I thought this was supposed to be the last episode, guess not. This show does a really bad job explaining the "villians" motivations of why they are evil.
Why is random guard dude sabotaging this operation? Does he want to see all of Tokyo burn just to fulfill his vendetta against Rentaro? -_-

Girls und Panzer 05

The student council seems to be hiding something as well. Hm... This isn't one of those 'if we don't win the school will be shut down' situations is it? Eh, probably not.

It's Love Live all over again!

cajunator

Banned
Yup. She's.... lively. :p

Yeah right now for me it's Hyouka, G Gundam and Black Bullet. So I am able to sit back and enjoy. And it is a show where you just sit back and enjoy.

Edit: I don't think I have ever properly expressed how much I like Hyouka's OP!

You got past the worst parts of Hyouka so you should very much enjoy the rest.

You got past the worst parts of Hyouka so you should very much enjoy the rest.

I didn't know that was considered bad. I very much enjoyed every episode up till now. Especially the last two episodes have been quite compelling.

I think at one point I was watching 8 shows.

I used to do this a lot. I would find myself going "what what's going on? Did I miss something in the last episode?"

That's why I now don't watch more than 5 shows at once. I try to knock shows out pretty quickly.

I remember the highest I tried to juggle was like 13 different animes at once. It didn't work out too well. And that's when the backlog started. So I usually now take 2-3 shows and knock them all out at once so I can move on to the next show I want to watch.

cajunator

Banned
I didn't know that was considered bad. I very much enjoyed every episode up till now. Especially the last two episodes have been quite compelling.

I used to do this a lot. I would find myself going "what what's going on? Did I miss something in the last episode?"

That's why I now don't watch more than 5 shows at once. I try to knock shows out pretty quickly.

I remember the highest I tried to juggle was like 13 different animes at once. It didn't work out too well. And that's when the backlog started. So I usually now take 2-3 shows and knock them all out at once so I can move on to the next show I want to watch.

It wasnt bad (except episode 6) but it was pretty boring to me. The "mysteries" were mind numbing and didnt give the characters a whole lot to do. At least Chitanda was cute. the show would be 500% better without Mayaka in it.

TUSR

Banned

My biggest problem was names, my Japanese is well above average. But remembering the names of characters, especially when characters would address each other.

There appears to be a lack of Katanagatari in that NISA in your collection. Watch it for Togame before the premium editions sell out.

I hope the lack of Blu-ray for Rozen Maiden (2013) is because Sentai plans to release the other Rozen Maiden series on Blu-ray first or at the same time.

Clov

I hope the lack of Blu-ray for Rozen Maiden (2013) is because Sentai plans to release the other Rozen Maiden series on Blu-ray first or at the same time.

Given that they went through the trouble of dubbing it, it seems likely that there's just a holdback period for the HD home release. Same thing is happening with their release of Tamako Market.

Given that they went through the trouble of dubbing it, it seems likely that there's just a holdback period for the HD home release. Same thing is happening with their release of Tamako Market.

K-On! is being held back also, but I recall that was because of the video authoring.

Clov

K-On! is being held back also, but I recall that was because of the video authoring.

That's true, there's some things that have to be redone from the Bandai Blu-Rays; apart from putting the series on two disks (instead of Bandai's four) they have to include lossless audio and re-add the original song from the first episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom