• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

No Game No Life 6-7

Unnecessary beach interlude aside, the game in episode 6 was pretty incredible. I like when the show's being that imaginative, and those final moves were the perfect blend of over-the-top plays, impossible planning, and outside-the-box thinking that I want to see.

ibbvmZYWTYn5rI.jpg

This is apparently supposed to represent the kingdom at night.

It's the serious moments that I find weird, though. Given the absurdity of the characters, the setting, and everything that happens, it's kind of hard to care about these speeches about humanity and its potential, especially when they don't represent any meaningful sort of character development. It's not what people are there for, so why even bother? Is that stuff meant to do some kind of service for the hikkikomori kids reading the LN who have given up on society?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
With this many WIi U owners one could set up an AnimeGAF Mario Kart 8 community room.

I'd be on board. I got tired of playing random online matches.

Everyone feel free to add me on WiiU. My NNID is PancakeParadox.

Narag

No Game No Life 6-7
It's the serious moments that I find weird, though. Given the absurdity of the characters, the setting, and everything that happens, it's kind of hard to care about these speeches about humanity and its potential, especially when they don't represent any meaningful sort of character development. It's not what people are there for, so why even bother? Is that stuff meant to do some kind of service for the hikkikomori kids reading the LN who have given up on society?

That struck me as more attempting to give the lead at least some sort of redeeming characteristic rather than being full on con-man 24/7.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I'm off to bed so if someone else wants to set up a tournament room feel free.

I haven't actually played MK8 online yet.

Fucking seriously? *facepalm*

I'm sure there are a lot of opinions in that thread I'd agree with but there was no way I was stepping into that thread - there was no way I could see myself getting out of there without getting mad.

The sheer agenda and persistence from some people was mindblowing. As usual , they tried the "anime avatar" attack and they were shut down before moving on the "pedo" attack as well.
Same pattern from the same people .after so many hours i don't think i'll go back to this thread anymore.

----------
On side topic , i want to post a NNID but i haven't one despite having a 3ds ( not updated at all ) Do you guys accept a PSN id for sharing , i have some Animegaffers already but i wouldn't mind to have more.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 11
Bq7jkNmCAAA4G_o.png

These duels can be really impressive at times this early this season. Yaiba rose to an instant favorite just from his character, but his dueling skills are top tier. The episode didnt even feel like 23 minutes due to how fast things happened, it was one to see.
The resolution was rather amazing with how many effects were thrown out, reflects, quick, play and then the final explosion. Incredible, especially how even SORA was shocked and dropped that lollipop.

I have a friend in steam similar to that, her picture is Nathan Drake's ass. What kind of people am I adding lol. Either ways will add you Theonik. I assume that NNID is a joke won't even bother

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I sometimes forget I have a Steam account. I did open it to join a team for no reason. At least Steam knew to put me on Team Haruka.

If anyone wants to add me on these platforms then go ahead.

Steam: MetroidPrimeRib
PS3: OzziePants
360: Munkey D Luffy (I know it's a dumb name)

there are teams on steam ? i'm scared of launching it and observe the sheer amount of updates necessary.

For the dumb Steam sale metagame thing. I'm on Blue team, although Red would be better because of Chaikas

lol PS3 and 360. Where did you get those? The museum of ancient history mate?

It is I who now came here to laugh at you.

But they have Street Fighter.

Theonik

Cowboy: The Bebop 17
A very nice episode. Solidifies that Ed is in fact the best.

Cowboy: The Bebop 18
Fantastic episode. The video contents and Faye's reaction were pretty great too.

Cowboy: The Bebop 19
Another good episode. The picture in the end being added to the wall was a nice touch.

Cowboy: The Bebop 20
A murdering psychopath with the mind of a child huh? Also Mad Pierrot? I'm scared.

Cowboy: The Bebop 17 -Commentary-
I have learned 3 things.
1) Yoko Kano likes mushrooms
2) Yoko Kano is infact Ed. And is adorable.
3) Yoko Kano is therefore best girl.
In addition to that listening to Yoko Kano using Sakuga reminds me of a certain subset of anime fans. "Like a child that just learned to use big words" is about right. haha

lol PS3 and 360. Where did you get those? The museum of ancient history mate?

It is I who now came here to laugh at you.
I think I'm going to do some nice retro gaming playing good old Bayonetta on my Xbox 360.

Mokoi

Banned
Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 11
Bq7jkNmCAAA4G_o.png

These duels can be really impressive at times this early this season. Yaiba rose to an instant favorite just from his character, but his dueling skills are top tier. The episode didnt even feel like 23 minutes due to how fast things happened, it was one to see.
The resolution was rather amazing with how many effects were thrown out, reflects, quick, play and then the final explosion. Incredible, especially how even SORA was shocked and dropped that lollipop.

Yu-Gi-Oh is still going on? I thought that ended already.

----

My ids if anybody wants to add.

Steam - Mokoi
PSN - celestial-seraph

cnet128

Banned
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 1

I knew before I started that this was going to be the best thing ever, but just to be clear:

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

I think the most surreal part of this parallel reality is Sella and Leysritt. Like, last time I saw Sella she was
watching emotionlessly as true-Assassin mercilessly slaughtered Shirou in the Einzbern castle
. Now she's practically his mom. (Also they're completely unrecognisable in appearance without those creepy maid outfits.)

The art style is a liiiiittle weird but I'm cool with it, especially since the actual animation seems fabulous. And Illya is amazing. Illya is always amazing. Illya is mai waifu. Much love infinite yes.

cajunator

Banned
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 1

I knew before I started that this was going to be the best thing ever, but just to be clear:

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER.

I think the most surreal part of this parallel reality is Sella and Leysritt. Like, last time I saw Sella she was
watching emotionlessly as true-Assassin mercilessly slaughtered Shirou in the Einzbern castle
. Now she's practically his mom. (Also they're completely unrecognisable in appearance without those creepy maid outfits.)

The art style is a liiiiittle weird but I'm cool with it, especially since the actual animation seems fabulous. And Illya is amazing. Illya is always amazing. Illya is mai waifu. Much love infinite yes.

I wasnt nuts about the art style/character designs. Not quite cute enough to do justice to Illya.

Armored Trooper Votoms 1

One man betrayed by his comrades, the whole world seemingly against him, fighting his way alone out of a heavily armed military base thanks to a single screw, all while shirtless. This must be the 80s action movie of mecha shows. Chirico is some beast.

/XX/

One man betrayed by his comrades, the whole world seemingly against him, fighting his way alone out of a heavily armed military base thanks to a single screw, all while shirtless. This must be the 80s action movie of mecha shows. Chirico is some beast.
Don't forget to always watch each episode's preview... everything the narrator of that series says is like poetry to my ears!

Narag

Armored Trooper Votoms 1

Chirico's da man. still want to rewatch this :(

Armored Trooper Votoms 1

I really need to watch this. Love the mech designs.

ok time to settle in for a bit of anime. catch up to Chaika or NGNL first?

Well, they both end tomorrow but Chaika has a S2. So I would do NGNL.

PSN: ZachKoromaru
Recettear and Ys playing program

Also I caught up with No Game No Life and Mofukichi and Steph are da besssssssssss.

64 hours on Recettear? You must really love capitalism.

Theonik

Armored Trooper Votoms 1

VOTOMS really has that feel at first. That title belongs to Mellowlink a lot more than VOTOMS proper though. Last arc of VOTOMS is just weird.

PSN: ZachKoromaru
Recettear and Ys playing program

Also I caught up with No Game No Life and Mofukichi and Steph are da besssssssssss.
Sounds like the ball is in my court huh.

One Week Friends 12 END / Series Review

tumblr_n7njoxHNDm1smbzl2o1_500.gif

Glad I saved up the last 4 episodes and watched them all in one go. Man, that was great. I liked that part where her mom was like
"If dad was here, I'd have to call an ambulance."
haha.

It wasnt a typical confession but Hase and Fujimiya pretty much admitted they loved each other and want to be together at the end. Its still a show about "friendship" so even though they didnt give an epic make out scene or something (that tease during episode 9 though OMG), it was still enjoyable. Its in line with how the the show was "innocent" and sweet. There was that whole crepe metaphor that even though it took Hase / Fujimiya 12 episodes, they finally got there.

Hase was definitely getting on my nerves by the end, and I'm surprised that Kujo was a more likable guy that I initially thought. I also loved that the reason for her illness wasn't totally stupid and they didnt spend too much time dissecting it.

Even during the slow parts, I enjoyed the characters interacting together. Speaking of them, Saki and Shogo were great and I really liked the romance between the two. Seeing such a tough guy Shogo react to her "proposal" was awesome.

I'd love a second season but I dont know what else they can explore and I'd rather they not force it. I thought the series wrapped up very nicely. Then again, the team did an excellent job with the source material, and made it even more enjoyable so if there was a S2, it would be great.

I loved the art, the music, and just how gosh darn cute everything was. I'm going to miss it. Possibly my AOTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom