• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, there's some things that have to be redone from the Bandai Blu-Rays; apart from putting the series on two disks (instead of Bandai's four) they have to include lossless audio and re-add the original song from the first episode.

Original song?

Dragonar Academy 12
This show is really obsessed with tentacles. The elder princess's sister complex is quite severe and funny. And one of the last scenes has Ash and Eco standing in midair. Quite lazy

cnet128

Banned
Since people are sharing PSN and NNIDs, I guess I might as well share mine. Not that I ever, you know, actually play games online. Or indeed usually find time to play games at all in between anime. But I guess having friend lists that aren't quite so empty might feel nice >.>

Usernames in email tags.

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 10

Not the most interesting episode. I guess it did include Sasame being sweet at least. Gotta build her up as a likable character before the show destroys her, I suppose.

cajunator

Banned
There appears to be a lack of Katanagatari in that NISA in your collection. Watch it for Togame before the premium editions sell out.

I hope the lack of Blu-ray for Rozen Maiden (2013) is because Sentai plans to release the other Rozen Maiden series on Blu-ray first or at the same time.

Ive considered that show but never pulled the trigger for some reason. It would be another 100$ I dont really need to spend.

I never noticed this because I dont think I heard the original tune, whatever it is. I do have the original Bandai bluray set though. Its pretty nice. Im pretty lenient on release quality though, as long as its on bluray.

Clov

Yep; the original Japanese release has the band play "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" in the first episode. Bandai's release replaced this song with "Love Me Tender". I think that's what they replaced it with anyway; I'd have to double-check on my copy.

Since people are sharing PSN and NNIDs, I guess I might as well share mine. Not that I ever, you know, actually play games online. Or indeed usually find time to play games at all in between anime. But I guess having friend lists that aren't quite so empty might feel nice >.>

Usernames in email tags.

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane 10

Not the most interesting episode. I guess it did include Sasame being sweet at least. Gotta build her up as a likable character before the show destroys her, I suppose.

Really, I hated and loved the episode mainly
suggesting that Heito is now removed from the cast, he was so good for Akashi and could relate to him :(

Ive considered that show but never pulled the trigger for some reason. It would be another 100$ I dont really need to spend.

NISA's store has them out of stock, so that may mean those sets will soon be OOP. Katanagatari has never been available for legal streaming that I know of. Maybe it's because the 12 episodes are 50 minutes long or NISA never bothered to get the rights for the series?

Have you gotten around to watching Zakuro?

cajunator

Banned
NISA's store has them out of stock, so that may mean those sets will soon be OOP. Katanagatari has never been available for legal streaming that I know of. Maybe it's because the 12 episodes are 50 minutes long or NISA never bothered to get the rights for the series?

Have you gotten around to watching Zakuro?

had that in my cart forever but also never pulled the trigger. I kind of go for shows that "pop" to me personally since I spend so much money. But if these are going OOP might as well pick them up now. I always have the option to sell stuff since I keep very good care of discs/boxes.

had that in my cart forever but also never pulled the trigger. I kind of go for shows that "pop" to me personally since I spend so much money. But if these are going OOP might as well pick them up now. I always have the option to sell stuff since I keep very good care of discs/boxes.

I only assume Katanagatari is going OOP, or at least the premium editions are. Zakuro doesn't appear to be going OOP now, but this series is at least available for streaming on Hulu and Crunchyroll.

Yep; the original Japanese release has the band play "Tsubasa wo Kudasai" in the first episode. Bandai's release replaced this song with "Love Me Tender". I think that's what they replaced it with anyway; I'd have to double-check on my copy.

Ah, you're right. Just checked my UK copy.

So that "art styles you don't like" thread turned into a discussion on pedophilia >_>

I can kind of see it if my logic follows as how it went down:

* I hate Moe art style
* But I think girls look cute
* It's for perverts
* Lolis are gross
* Beautiful things
UFFnV02.gif

dsG2yUF.jpg

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 135

Fuck. I knew what was coming and I still cried.

Farewell, the two best characters in all of Hunter x Hunter. It was beautiful knowing you.

Crocodile

So that "art styles you don't like" thread turned into a discussion on pedophilia >_>

Fucking seriously? *facepalm*

I'm sure there are a lot of opinions in that thread I'd agree with but there was no way I was stepping into that thread - there was no way I could see myself getting out of there without getting mad.

Lurky

Black Bullet 12

Those goddamn bastards. They keep hinting that
Kisara will die
but then they
kill off lolis instead.
This is unforgivable! Also, is Aldebaran supposed to be a level 4 or a level 5?

cnet128

Banned
Suite Precure 5

It's been a month (thanks Fate/stay night) but it feels good to get back to this!

Total episode count so far: 5. Total number of episodes in which Hibiki and Kanade have had a big falling-out: 5. Oh, you two.

They also crashed into each other face-first. Does that count as a kiss? =D

Chariot

I am confused about the little bits of Black Bullet I read here.
So, does this show have Loli Killcounter? Why does it hate Lolis?

cnet128

Banned
I am confused about the little bits of Black Bullet I read here.
So, does this show have Loli Killcounter? Why does it hate Lolis?

The show doesn't just hate lolis. It has an entire world full of people who hate lolis and whose society is founded on loli suffering.

...Yet it contains so many amazing lolis that they're still by far the best reason to watch it.

Curse you, Black Bullet.

Black Bullet 12

K3BCzKa.gif

Also three notable things happened this episode.

1. Rentaro actually was set-up to do the whole

"I don't care if I make the whole world my enemy because Jesus figure"

Girl: EVEN IF THE WHOLE WORLD HATES YOU MY SKIMPY OUTFIT AND I WILL BE WAIFU

"I know"

2. I can't believe they actually thought that calling the team that would be cool. What are you 5?

3. Lol at the scene at the end. Seriously?
the whole world is ending and this guy is its only hope but because I lost my job because I'm a douche I'll blame him and make preparations so he dies. As I'm being killed by the ant queen I'll be glad I got my revenge

Chariot

The show doesn't just hate lolis. It has an entire world full of people who hate lolis and whose society is founded on loli suffering.

...Yet it contains so many amazing lolis that they're still by far the best reason to watch it.

Curse you, Black Bullet.
I might want to reconsider and watch the show. I don't hate Lolis in perticular, but I'm finding the thought amusing. Then again - I have still to watch Gochuumon, Chaika and Precure. Mhm, I shouldn't hang around in that steamthreead so much.

Lurky

Curse you, Black Bullet.

Black Bullet 12

K3BCzKa.gif

Also three notable things happened this episode.

1. Rentaro actually was set-up to do the whole

"I don't care if I make the whole world my enemy because Jesus figure"

Girl: EVEN IF THE WHOLE WORLD HATES YOU MY SKIMPY OUTFIT AND I WILL BE WAIFU

"I know"

2. I can't believe they actually thought that calling the team that would be cool. What are you 5?

3. Lol at the scene at the end. Seriously?
the whole world is ending and this guy is its only hope but because I lost my job because I'm a douche I'll blame him and make preparations so he dies. As I'm being killed by the ant queen I'll be glad I got my revenge
Truer words have never been spoken. At least about Black Bullet.
I think I will just watch this show to episode 11 and be done with it.

Oh boy are you in for a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom