• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

lol Whose steam name is Punhos? I laughed at that picture for about fives minutes before accepting your friend request.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Can anyone comment on Mushishi's dub? I generally watch my anime subbed, but don't mind giving a show a watch dubbed if good. I figure it is a good time to finally watch season 1
It's pretty good. I was weirded out when I saw season 2, since his dub voice fits way better. The announcer lady is also very cryptic during intros/outros. I'd recommend it.

Roubjon

Can anyone comment on Mushishi's dub? I generally watch my anime subbed, but don't mind giving a show a watch dubbed if good. I figure it is a good time to finally watch season 1

I thought the dub was pretty good. Give it a whirl. I was kinda upset having to watch season 2 undubbed. I really liked the way Ginko was portrayed.

Link Man

Banned
Well, that was some fun time in Mario Kart. Nintendoman, sorry for all the abuse in Mario Circuit.

Who was Bob by the way? I know I hit him with a Fire Flower, but it didn't even slow him down.

Clannad 5

Here comes the romcom.

And the supernatural.

Oh god, the fake name.

iv3bqmMAJJvs2.gif

lol

Okay, I'm really starting to enjoy Fuko. Special time and all.

WAT?!
(I officially don't want to look for fanart for this series now.)

And another new girl. Must resist.

Ah, that was a sweet gesture.

This was a pretty fun episode, overall.

You made my day after Corvo backed out of our watchbet.

Glad you're enjoying it. I now have to urge to put FFV as the priority over G Gundam. :)

santeesioux

Whoa, that's a lot of Wii U owners. I have MK and 3d World on the way but still haven't gotten around to actually ordering my Wii U.

Might just get a new one since the refurbished ones seem to be back-ordered until the end of the month now.

mankoto

Well, that was some fun time in Mario Kart. Nintendoman, sorry for all the abuse in Mario Circuit.

Who was Bob by the way? I know I hit him with a Fire Flower, but it didn't even slow him down.
I don't remember being it with one. Maybe lag on your end?

mankoto

I don't know, could be. It was on Rainbow Road on the turn right before the first jump, final lap. Saw the coins erupt and everything.
I honestly don't remember. If anything, I'm really good at drifting and my bike has good acceleration which makes a nice recovery

Mario Kart GAF is fun to play against when you just want to chill and stay in last place getting all the awesome items. Then read the reactions when my items screw people over kekek.

Hopefully Xenoblade's multiplayer can get some monster hunter GAF like community.

Anyway, anime

HxH 135

FINALLY. Now to the actually interesting political stuff.

lol Whose steam name is Punhos? I laughed at that picture for about fives minutes before accepting your friend request.

It's me! Punhos means "Fists" or, in a more liberal translation, "Knuckles" in Portuguese. I like to change my Steam handle from time to time but I liked that picture so much that I'm sticking with Punhos for now.

HxH - 135

Damn , madhouse nailed it again.
What a excellent and powerfull episode.

"is it alright for me to be this happy ?"

Yes komugi , you've earned it.

Wait NNIDs? And I wasn't here for it?

NNID is Kirbyguy99

Won't be able to do much today since I'm straightening things up tonight. Send me your friend requests and I'll try to get that sorted tomorrow or thursday

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Black Bullet - 12

Holy shit the human race in this show needs to die off. Really, you're going to sabotage the person trying to save all your lives because he made you look bad? God the writing is terrible and riddled with this sort of petty heavy handed bullshit. Episode 12 was one of the most frustrating 20 minutes in anime I've ever seen.

Lurky

Black Bullet - 12

Holy shit the human race in this show needs to die off. Really, you're going to sabotage the person trying to save all your lives because he made you look bad? God the writing is terrible and riddled with this sort of petty heavy handed bullshit. Episode 12 was one of the most frustrating 20 minutes in anime I've ever seen.

Aside from the writing, one of the most frustrating parts of the show is how fight scenes only last for about five minutes then the rest of it is talking/bad plot. It makes it worse that every episode ends in a sort of cliffhanger that looks like they're promising a big fight for the next episode.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Girls und Panzer 1

aight the contrast of how serious business the tank stuff was at the beginning with the standard school stuff sold me.

rommel girl cracks me up every time she appears for some reason too.

You've always seemed as smart as your avatar seemed sexy
(bestiality yolo what?!)
so maybe you can spot when this series explains how the most dangerous thing in this world is drowning (and not artillery fire) because I sure as hell missed it! Pay close attention please.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm thinking of watching Macross Plus sometime soon. Should I watch the OVA or the movie?

I'd say the OVA, not a fan of some of the changes and some of the added stuff in the movie. You should watch both eventually someday though.

Either way its the best thing in the Macross franchise.

Narag

I'm thinking of watching Macross Plus sometime soon. Should I watch the OVA or the movie?

OVA

You've always seemed as smart as your avatar seemed sexy
(bestiality yolo what?!)
so maybe you can spot when this series explains how the most dangerous thing in this world is drowning (and not artillery fire) because I sure as hell missed it! Pay close attention please.

rjCtjgz.jpg

fertygo

TBH I'm not a big fan of Macross Plus, after being hyped with its supposed "mature and adult" story, what I get is.. err, very questionable regarding the claim yeah.. sue me.

Quasar

You haven't even owned a SNES?

Nope. First console I owned (aside from a xbox1 to mod as a xbmc box) was a PS3. Prior to that I'd been all computers. Well I did have a hand me down game and watch. But thats about as close as I've gotten.

Clov

I'd say the OVA, not a fan of some of the changes and some of the added stuff in the movie. You should watch both eventually someday though.

Either way its the best thing in the Macross franchise.

Looks like I'll go with the OVA! I'll start it as soon as I finish up a few things first.

Only Macross anime I've seen is Do You Remember Love, and I really enjoyed it. If Plus is even better, then my expectations are pretty high!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom