• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

It was enjoyable, the tracks always put a smile on my face. And tonally fit what I was looking for out of DTB. I really cant remember anything from S1 but you're never gonna forget all that UNTZ.

I remember a lot of the work Kanno did in S1.

But my fav. track from it was still Water Forest.

Jarmel

Banned
Black Bullet 12-
tumblr_inline_mmgktqXlKq1rzp6qy.gif

I don't even know why anyone is sad. She had like the grand total of 10 minutes of screentime, most of which she shared with someone else. You guys get way too attached to character designs, not even actual characters. This show is so amazingly shitty in a PG-13 sort of way, in that how things are framed and handled are the level of writing I would aspect from a teenager. There's no sense of build up or resolution. Like
there seemingly is a major battle where a couple of named side characters pretty much get killed/die from, but it lasts a grand total of under 4 minutes and mostly takes place off-screen. There's absolutely no sense of danger or tension in regards to the fighting. It seems more like characters had to die for plot reasons than anything being organic in of itself
. We then get this bit:
Oh, this reminds me of something.
This is awkwardly paced considering there's really only one scene to support that conversation and it's so mild at that.

I'm not even going to talk about the stupidity at the ending.

Some of you guys need to watch Blue Gender to see how well executed this sort of material can be.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Speaking of soundtracks, a new version of the Sailor Moon Crystal trailer with more BGM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJmn-pyEwfk#t=36

Yasuharu Takanashi is channeling his Precure work to a ridiculous degree here.

GOD NO FUCK IT'S RUINED. I'm not even kidding.

I'm not even mad at Takanashi because this creatively bankrupt garbage synth boner self-plagiarism is all he's capable of and anyone would have been a fool to expect otherwise. I'm actually mad that Toei either a.) actually believes that his music is in any way a passable approximation of Arisawa's compositions, b.) just thinks that his "sound" is tonally suitable for Sailor Moon at all independent of its resemblance to Arisawa's, or c.) they just didn't give a fuck and hired him out of familiarity as a legacy member of the Precure goon squad.

Regardless, it's very disappointing. Tatsuya Nagamine showed this very year with Takaki's OST in Happiness Charge, which was a vast improvement over his blasé work in Doki, that a good director can get a talented but complacent composer to refine the quality of his compositions, so I hoped that Sakai could achieve the same with Takanashi. I realize that it may seem premature to presume anything about the quality of an OST in its entirety from a two-minute trailer, but some composers are so rigid and predictable that their mere association with a project elicits dismay. Remember the groans when Sawano was chosen for Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill? Same thing. Hope everybody is looking forward to buttrock and synthesized choir voices in Crystal.

Defuser

It was enjoyable, the tracks always put a smile on my face. And tonally fit what I was looking for out of DTB. I really cant remember anything from S1 but you're never gonna forget all that UNTZ.

Exactly how I feel, Kanno's work was forgettable in S1 but I can't blame her since the aim for S1 was supposed to be a supernatural spy theme which her music compliments but still forgettable. S2 threw all that aim away, the moment UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ is played you know shit is about to go down.

Wait. So Seiji Kishi is doing the Assassination Room anime?
simmonslauighjwkggexjzq.gif

Didn't care much of Assclass but this more icing on the cake.

Black Bullet 12

Kagetane and Kohina fucking carry this show and it has greatly improved since their return.

Knight of Sidonia 11

I swear every situation they get into with the gauna just get more and more bleak and part of my love of this show is how they manage to survive each encounter with them.

phaze

At the start of each episode of Kemonozume there was a little "vignette", usually involving a shokujinki. This is one of the more straightforward ones - some were more stylised (this one was done by Eunyoung Choi, one of Yuasa's major collaborators and the animator of the ED for Ping Pong), some a little repetitive (by Satoru Utsunomiya, who draws very odd "cuboid" faces with strange facial expressions but is an excellent animator regardless), and various others that I can't find on Youtube or Dailymotion at present (I think one involved boxing?).

I see, thanks for this. Cool and freaky stuff.

Girls und Panzer 1

aight the contrast of how serious business the tank stuff was at the beginning with the standard school stuff sold me.

rommel girl cracks me up every time she appears for some reason too.

There should be special place in hell for people who dare paint a Grant tank in pink.

Rommel girl ? Is there a Montgomery one too ? I feel like I need to put my inner WW2 enthusiast in temporary coma and watch this.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 11

For all the "I'm the master of Hamon" talk, Straizo sure bought the farm quickly. Yay for best character, Speedwagon still being alive.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Looking at the Summer Season of Anime, it looks like this may be a rather good season, I hope it is a good season, I need to waste the taste of Spring out of my mouth.

Thoraxes

The track Kuro is nice as well. Though it has a loose resemblance to the second movement of Concierto de Aranjuez called Adagio by Joaquín Rodrigo.

The slower tracks in general were really well-done on that OST.

Also my one classical-guitar buddies from the conservatory played that piece in a competition a few years back! I can definitely hear the resemblance, with the major difference being Kanno's jazz approach versus the more classical approach in terms of instrumentation.

Really nice pick all around!
I don't think I've ever asked. Any of you fellow anime bros have a Wii u or psn? If so give me your name yo.

It's right in my profile if you click it (both Wii U and PSN).

I'm posting here right now so whenever I come back from work I can find this post and start adding more people on psn steam and wii u. I went from having like 1 wii u friend, which was my irl buddy, to having a couple of people. Awesome.

Black Bullet 12-
there seemingly is a major battle where a couple of named side characters pretty much get killed/die from, but it lasts a grand total of under 4 minutes and mostly takes place off-screen. There's absolutely no sense of danger or tension in regards to the fighting. It seems more like characters had to die for plot reasons than anything being organic in of itself
. We then get this bit:
ikXkzv05MoVqJ.jpg

ilaA32QeTQGtG.jpg

Oh wow, I remember the exact same thing being uttered in Sonic 06.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the Earth rotates anti clockwise so just running clockwise would make the Earth turn against you.

Date A Live Episode 5

OP is kind of catchy, the way they say Dead or A Live.

More time needed to spent on Shido and how he got through the vortex, really interested in his background. Origami is incredibly awkward and creepy.
You're nearly at the best part. Can't wait to see your reaction to her.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who liked Origami.
Origami is 2nd best girl behind Her Esteemed Highness Kurumi of Tokisaki (from season 1, at least). Found her unabashedly obsessive deadpan nature pretty hilarious.

Second best girl, haters hating.
This man gets it.

NeonZ

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 11

For all the "I'm the master of Hamon" talk, Straizo sure bought the farm quickly. Yay for best character, Speedwagon still being alive.

Well, he couldn't use the Ripple after becoming a vampire. The one time he uses it near the ending it's basically a suicidal move.

/XX/

Based Akira! I'd ask "Prison School anime when?" But I don't think there is an anime studio that could do it justice. :(
On the characters' 'healthiness' aspect sure they can do it justice, yeah.

Anything that intersects with premieres or films I want to see I'll have to cut out too. I know they'll have Letter to Momo on 35mm, the Terror in Resonance premiere, and Short Peace to name a few. This year should be a good time, even if the Laser Disc room appears to be MIA. :(
NO! Way to forgo On Your Mark when it was more needed to remember it.

So the BD version of the Nisekoi pool episode does have more clouds than the TV version. That's another Hidamarigate, Shaft!
Didn't they have enough censoring Ararararagi abs? Cruel people...

Black Bullet 12
I don't get it, why was everyone making such a big deal out of this episode? It's just another Black Bullet episode with poor writing. Were people upset about
that non-character dying
?

Wait. So Seiji Kishi is doing the Assassination Classroom anime?

hahahahaha RIP

I dont understand why he brought over all those danganronpa folks to this series :(.

I hope it turns out as good as Hamatora or Angel Beats.

Anyway, mostly looking forward to the new voice cast, karma kun! and whoever is doing the musics. 50+ ep please.

cajunator

Banned
No Game no Life ep 1 - 11

tumblr_m84b5txknh1r76hbjz4.gif

of not watching this earlier.

I can't believe I rush through most of it with a day....uhhhhh My mind is full of fuck on how this gaming gary stu is which I ain't surprise since it's voiced by Kirito. This is like Dragonball Z but without fighting and power levels. I could do without so much fanservice. I don't want to see a 11 year old loli pantsu.

Jibril is awesome. Steph is second.

This show demonstrates that you can have a hilariously OP MC and it doesnt have to be insufferable. Instead of him being basically untouchable, this MC still has vulnerabilities, but works his way through them and still comes out on top. Plus it has Jibril and SAO doesnt.

Animal Crossing on handheld forever!

Well at least I'm honest in my profile that the Mii isn't me. My 3DS Mii was of me but when they combined under the NNID he was lost. I still use my personal Mii for Streetpass though.

Mine is me as close as I could get it hehee.

Speaking of soundtracks, a new version of the Sailor Moon Crystal trailer with more BGM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJmn-pyEwfk#t=36

Yasuharu Takanashi is channeling his Precure work to a ridiculous degree here.

I like this music. It is very Precure-like. Its not very Sailor Moon like but I doubt kids today would even appreciate that music anymore. I was always a fan of the background choir/synth stuff. MOAR!

Looking at the Summer Season of Anime, it looks like this may be a rather good season, I hope it is a good season, I need to waste the taste of Spring out of my mouth.

Spring has been good to me. I had fun :D

Clov

Black Bullet 12 spoilerz below

I agree. The rage replies had me like
zO1joEl.png

I couldn't even remember this chick's name.

I'll be honest, neither could I. I thought she was cute and all, but she barely had any screen time. Hell, I can't even bring myself to care about the characters who do have screentime.

Kikirin

The show doesn't just hate lolis. It has an entire world full of people who hate lolis and whose society is founded on loli suffering.

...Yet it contains so many amazing lolis that they're still by far the best reason to watch it.

Curse you, Black Bullet.

Sounds like it takes place in 'Murrica.

Wait. So Seiji Kishi is doing the Assassination Classroom anime?

hahahahaha RIP

Hell, a good chunk of the Danganronpa staff is being brought over too.

At least it'll be very faithful to the source material. Very very very very faithful.

This can only mean new people can do the Super Danganronpa 2 adaptation, upupupupupu

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This show demonstrates that you can have a hilariously OP MC and it doesnt have to be insufferable. Instead of him being basically untouchable, this MC still has vulnerabilities, but works his way through them and still comes out on top. Plus it has Jibril and SAO doesnt.

Mine is me as close as I could get it hehee.

I like this music. It is very Precure-like. Its not very Sailor Moon like but I doubt kids today would even appreciate that music anymore. I was always a fan of the background choir/synth stuff. MOAR!

Spring has been good to me. I had fun :D
no game no life might be my favorite show spring season, which I guess technically isnt saying alot since I only watched a total of 3 shows this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom