• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eroge! H mo Game mo Kaihatsu Zanmai Episode 5

Watched this last night, but I had to go to bed before typing anything, but this episode was a bit different from the last two episodes. I've also noticed that I don't care much for the subtitles, because I like the raw experience of watching this shit.

In any case, unlike episodes 3 and 4, we got to explore EVERY established character in this show, even the president, although two characters didn't get as much exploration as the other two. The president sadly, was one of the characters that was still underexplored, but I guess that's progress at least. The original girl was also the other underexplored character of this episode about publicity stunts, but quite frankly, she's one of the most exposed characters in this show already, so who gives a fuck?

Unfortunately, our blond character got focus, AGAIN, because I don't know why. I mean... right now, I guess it was the most normal moment for her, spending time in a park, but I really didn't want more of her, considering she's the second most exposed character of the show, and her "side story" was like a description of the deprived human nature, and then tag teams with the black haired girl to win the Seijibowl.

The other character who was covered more than the other two was the Megane girl of the group, but that was more about furthering her character as the main lead's public bathroom.

Better than the previous two episodes, but still underwhelming. It left a bit of hope though in case they're doing episode 6.

CorvoSol

We talking about figures we want to buy?

Cuz that Red Nendo is fucking awesome. Course I'd buy an action fig. of Red, too.

Come to think on it, I should look for Megazard X merch, too.

Superflat

Her face just cries out "buy me" just look at that gaze, so adorable. I totally want a Puppy Steph.

YYYYEEEEHHHH

E8r6ZtG.gif

We talking about figures we want to buy?

Cuz that Red Nendo is fucking awesome. Course I'd buy an action fig. of Red, too.

Come to think on it, I should look for Megazard X merch, too.

Red's impossible to find at a decent price. It was up on Japan's amazon for like a day before people started reselling it for up to 9,800 yen. ;_;

Articalys

What's the point in having finally having money if everything you'd actually want to buy is long out of print?

This is agony.

Midonin

Sailor Moon 07-08

Seven was a fun little episode. That's probably the least amount of work Tuxedo Mask has ever had to do in a fight. And Naru's pretty manipulative when she wants to be. Then, finally, Ami's debut. Of all the Sailor Moon cast, Aya Hisakawa is probably the one I've heard in the most roles ever since the series. Various mothers, Baron Asura, Cure Moonlight, etc. Luna's just as fallible as Usagi this early in the run - not being able to tell Sailor Guardian energy from monster energy - and while I understand why the show is the way it is, that Ami can't get in a kill for herself yet is kinda disappointing. But adding more heroines to the mix should shake things up in a way that starts the show on the path towards becoming its true self.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still need like, the rest of the Odin Sphere figures.

Articalys

I knowwwwwwww. She has broken many resolves.

What are you looking for?
The first Aria season original DVD with the booklet, which I missed my chance to buy on sale TWICE two years in a row. Since Right Stuf is currently doing a Nozomi/Penny sale and the other non-litebox DVD volumes are $24 each, which is the closest I would ever get again to the $80 complete set they had for the holiday deals a long time ago, which I also want to kill myself for missing.

cajunator

Banned
The first Aria season original DVD with the booklet, which I missed my chance to buy on sale TWICE two years in a row. Since Right Stuf is currently doing a Nozomi/Penny sale and the other non-litebox DVD volumes are $24 each, which is the closest I would ever get again to the $80 complete set they had for the holiday deals a long time ago, which I also want to kill myself for missing.

send me a pm with links to what youre lookinv for

Linkark07

Banned
Mangaka-san -9

Yay, Mihari episode. And Mihari with long hair. But why Mihari is so interested in Aito? Dude is one of the most perv guys I have seen on anime.

Love Live Second Season - 9

What a snowstorm. That was brutal. Nice song at the end.

Jojo Bizarre Adventure Review

Well NOW I understand why everyone was freaking out at the Zelda reveal.

This is some really unique characters and writing. And the poses. Joseph>>>Jotaro>Jonathan. I think I like the Stands a lot more than Hamon though. The final battles are kind of anti-climatic as hell though. Dio doesn't get enough screen time and Kars fight is just derp ending.

Seriously though, them poses.

This is some really unique characters and writing. And the poses. Joseph>>>Jotaro>Jonathan. I think I like the Stands a lot more than Hamon though. The final battles are kind of anti-climatic as hell though. Dio doesn't get enough screen time and Kars fight is just derp ending.

But...Cars.

jgminto

Dunno how
Joseph and Kars fighting on top of a giant rock launched into the air by a volcano eruption while Sono Chi No Sadame is playing
counts as derp.

And DIO is the final villain, it wouldn't make sense for him to steal the show right away. He'll get his amazing moment later.

jgminto

Which is one of the most bullshit endings to a fight ever. I mean I really liked him and all the pillar men but that asspull ending.

Kars is an asspull JoJo fight? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!

Not more asspull then anything that comes in the later, better fights. Joseph basically did what he always did, just on a way higher level.

Part 5.

Emporio would like a word.

The fights get way better but Araki enjoys his mid-fight twists. I still wouldn't call them asspulls because they're mostly things that have been hinted at before then. Part 6 was the only one that I found really unsatisfying.

This, but Part 5 for me.

But certainly he's not the worst mangaka ever to pull fight resolutions out of nowhere?

Probably not. The fights are still good. But he does it a lot.

So my Attack on Titan blu-ray should be arriving tomorrow. It's not a perfect anime, but lord knows it's handy to have if I ever need to convince somebody to watch anime. Dat gateway anime

Articalys

lol now I remember why I liked Acchi Kocchi. The meat-bun headed girl and the orange haired dude have the best troll dynamic. Best characters.
The only thing I remember about the few Acchi Kocchi episodes I watched was that it had some creative scene transitions.

Oh, and the random Street Fighter EVO moment reference.

The only thing I remember about the few Acchi Kocchi episodes I watched was that it had some creative scene transitions.

Oh, and the random Street Fighter EVO moment reference.

It's not laugh out loud by any means of the phrase. But after melodrama, being an asshole in Watch Dogs and marathoning Fate Zero, I need light hearted stuff.

Figures are a big no-no for me. I'll stick to Gunpla.

Because building those gives me a great sense of satisfaction once I finish and display them.

CorvoSol

Figures just don't do anything for me, even the bikini ones.

I like to have things on my desk, which is why I have a very small collection of figures. I also love to build models, which is why I have a shelf of Gunpla and other mecha, and *coughs to death* two shelves of Bionicles, plus God alone knows how many legos.

I don't have many female figures. There aren't a lot I'd want, and fewer I would be able to overcome that deep-seated shame to get.

I am so sorry, Mara Jade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom