• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets worse?

As far as asspullery, not at all. The battles in JoJo are actually pretty well thought-out and more often than not have pretty believable conclusions thanks to solid strategies. It's actually kind of amazing how Araki is able to keep the means of achieving victory well within the confines of his own rules and science, considering there are A LOT of fights in the series. Of course, he's not perfect and there are definitely asspulls from time to time.

cajunator

Banned
I just saw someone on myfigurecollection with over 2000 figures and has spent 100 grand on the collection. Now I dont feel guilty about my own collecting in the least!

CorvoSol

At least with Gunpla I can say "I like to build them" and "building models" is a hobby I can list.

I sort of long for the day when I can help my dad build his model train set so we can put some of my gunpla out there in the middle.

Shit I just remembered I have a ton of Star Wars miniatures, too, like from that game that used the figs that were like D&D. Time to get Gandalf and Ben Kenobi to pilot the Zeta and ZZ Gundams.

Why?

Because I am out of my fucking mind tonight.

At least with Gunpla I can say "I like to build them" and "building models" is a hobby I can list.

I sort of long for the day when I can help my dad build his model train set so we can put some of my gunpla out there in the middle.

Shit I just remembered I have a ton of Star Wars miniatures, too, like from that game that used the figs that were like D&D. Time to get Gandalf and Ben Kenobi to pilot the Zeta and ZZ Gundams.

Why?

Because I am out of my fucking mind tonight.
5lTgvo5.gif

Clov

I have a pretty decently sized collection of figures myself. A big part of it is Nendoroids, but I also have a handful of Figmas, Revoltechs, Gunplas, and regular PVC figures. I also have a pretty big assortment of plushies!

If I had to say what my favorite parts of my figure collection is, it would the Nendoroid set of Konata and Kagami cosplaying as Saber and Rin, along with my PVC of Kei Yuuki from Moyashimon. That one is particularly rare, only available as a lottery prize from Banpresto. The quality is much higher than your typical Banpresto trading figure/UFO catcher prize. It's the best (and possibly only) figure of Yuuki on the market, and I'm so happy to own it!

Dresden

one of my dreams is to build a giant personal underground library staffed by cute robot librarians, so I can certainly understand the appeal of collecting anime figurines.

Lets all be crazy together! We can binge on Black rock shooter tv and akb0048 and dance around a stack of burning SAO blurays

That's a great idea! All right, lemme just go buy all these SAO blurays so we can incinerate them and essentially give Aniplex the money to license more SAO and-

Wait a minute...

Clov

That's a great idea! All right, lemme just go buy all these SAO blurays so we can incinerate them and essentially give Aniplex the money to license more SAO and-

Wait a minute...

You don't have to worry about that, Aniplex USA doesn't really license anything. They have first dibs on anything Aniplex Japan has with regards to the international home video rights. So even if you don't pay them, they'll get them anyway!

I'm sorry

Y'know, the more crap I talk about SAO, the more it occurs to me that I have not actually watched it. I read the spoilers and all that bad crap that happened in it on here and on its wiki. I never actually saw those scenes myself.

I feel like I should watch it with the most cynical and pessimistic attitude possible just so I can experience how bad it was for myself and yet get some strange enjoyment of making fun of it all the way through.

Though I may also be just tired and not thinking straight right now.

cajunator

Banned
Y'know, the more crap I talk about SAO, the more it occurs to me that I have not actually watched it. I read the spoilers and all that bad crap that happened in it on here and on its wiki. I never actually saw those scenes myself.

I feel like I should watch it with the most cynical and pessimistic attitude possible just so I can experience how bad it was for myself and yet get some strange enjoyment of making fun of it all the way through.

It started out promising then something happened that made people shoot their computers.
watch at your own risk.

wow you're a phony hater. That's worst than being one of us regular haters.

I bet you tell people that you read The Lord of the Rings when you only watched the movies don't you?

Superflat

I went into it ultra cynical (just watched it a month or two ago) and actually enjoyed it legit. Well, the first arc anyway. I prepared myself for the second half (without knowing what happened in it-- just knew everyone hated/warned me about it) so I enjoyed that as well, laughing at how the show just completely shit itself.

I'd call myself a fan of SAO though, when it comes down to it.

I know if I was following the original airing of the show with a community, I'd probably hate SAO a lot more.

Clov

Don't do it! You'll be sorry!

Articalys

If you've got that attitude going into it you're honestly better off using your time to watch the 25 episodes of Log Horizon instead, something you'd be able to get actual enjoyment from. If you've already watched that... then I dunno, watch something else.

Thoraxes

I quit SAO after I got to see the best girl, Suguha. I got what I came for and didn't need to stay any longer.

From what I've seen of Log Horizon so far, it's a show I like much better for the game stuff.

It started out promising then something happened that made people shoot their computers.
watch at your own risk.

I avoided it for a long time. But now it seems that even I may not be able escape the grasp this show has on anime...

wow you're a phony hater. That's worst than being one of us regular haters.

I feel horrible guilt of this every time I insult it. I take the cheap way out, while all the strong ones watch it and post their horrifying experiences of that show.

So you know what? Maybe I should fix that.

That's ok, I talk shit about Street Fighter x Tekken all the time and I've never played it

cajunator

Banned
If you've got that attitude going into it you're honestly better off using your time to watch the 25 episodes of Log Horizon instead, something you'd be able to get actual enjoyment from. If you've already watched that... then I dunno, watch something else.

I second that emotion

I suffered through all the singing years and years ago. I damn well wish I just watched the movies.

People just don't appreciate good literature these days.

II feel horrible guilt of this every time I insult it. I take the cheap way out, while all the strong ones watch it and post their horrifying experiences of that show.

So you know what? Maybe I should fix that.

Sometimes you don't have to experience something to know it's bad.

zeroshiki

You don't enjoy reading long overly-flowery poetry about how somebody carved a door with utter craftmanship passed down from generation to generation?

I was probably too young to appreciate it but I very vividly remember wanting to stab Tom Bombadil repeatedly. OH GOD SHUT UP STOP SINGING!!!!

cajunator

Banned
Hahahahahaha.

You must be kidding as anybody with any decency in them would've marathoned that show in a day or two, never postpone it.

Do it for the glasses.

Akatsuki drew me in and Serara kept me there. I could not escape the cuties..and then the other mega cutie showed up. Man what a squee show that was.

Akatsuki drew me in and Serara kept me there. I could not escape the cuties..and then the other mega cutie showed up. Man what a squee show that was.

I hate you for liking shows that I liked for all the wrong reasons.

It's like if I enjoyed a good cup of coffee in the morning because the flavor is absolutely amazing and as I slowly swallow it I feel like life is worth living if it means another day of that ground taste goodness.

And you like it because the lady at Starbucks was cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom