• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mekakucity Actors 12

0gL8ACMl.jpg

And so the best show this season ends. Most visual pleasing and definitely enjoyed the story and characters that we were introduced. Probably the best SHAFT I have ever seen and all those great covers of the original songs.

Could the ending have been better explained? Sure, of course, but who cares. It's SHAFT, the Blu-Ray version will probably be movie-length and everything would have been reanimated and it would just been as amazing.

Puchimas!! 72-74

QZAS4mQl.jpg

Good-bye another great Puchimas spring.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 33

1TotWKPl.jpg

Man, if only these things were as common in the game.

Dog Days 10-13

And suddenly fighting demons and saying goodbyes. It's pretty interesting at how they ended this but I rather did like how it all ended and showing the growth of relationships Sink had with everybody.

Ace of the Diamond 37

End of series self doubt drama of course.

NOBUNAGA ZA FOOL 24

Just realized we even had a Masamune even though kinda early but whatever. Got the whole "The Enemy is At Honnoji!" line so it was all that matters.

Besides it having Nobunaga as the lead character, this was pretty much taking a good look at Mitsuhide as a character.

Isshuukan Friends Special 01

Yes, Hase sucks at math.

Minna Atsumare! Falcom Gakuen 08

And suddenly Adol's everywhere.

Keroro 05

And even more sudden, even more invaders.

No Game No Life 12

Well, gotta read the LN now. That tease at the end was too much.

Mahou Shoujo Taisen 12

Don't underestimate the mahou shoujo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Have you never heard of the Sea of Space??
It's how Kirk defeated Khan in the REAL Star Trek 2!

Mekakucity Actors 12

http://i.imgur.com/0gL8ACMl.jpg

And so the best show this season ends. Most visual pleasing and definitely enjoyed the story and characters that we were introduced. Probably the best SHAFT I have ever seen and all those great covers of the original songs.

Could the ending have been better explained? Sure, of course, but who cares. It's SHAFT, the Blu-Ray version will probably be movie-length and everything would have been reanimated and it would just been as amazing.
It'll come out before Kizumonogatari!

cajunator

Banned
Mekakucity Actors 12

0gL8ACMl.jpg

Puchimas!! 72-74

QZAS4mQl.jpg

Good-bye another great Puchimas spring.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 33

1TotWKPl.jpg

Man, if only these things were as common in the game.

Dog Days 10-13

And suddenly fighting demons and saying goodbyes. It's pretty interesting at how they ended this but I rather did like how it all ended and showing the growth of relationships Sink had with everybody.

Ace of the Diamond 37

End of series self doubt drama of course.

NOBUNAGA ZA FOOL 24

Just realized we even had a Masamune even though kinda early but whatever. Got the whole "The Enemy is At Honnoji!" line so it was all that matters.

Besides it having Nobunaga as the lead character, this was pretty much taking a good look at Mitsuhide as a character.

Isshuukan Friends Special 01

Yes, Hase sucks at math.

Minna Atsumare! Falcom Gakuen 08

And suddenly Adol's everywhere.

Keroro 05

And even more sudden, even more invaders.

No Game No Life 12

Well, gotta read the LN now. That tease at the end was too much.

Mahou Shoujo Taisen 12

Don't underestimate the mahou shoujo.

It always amazes me when someone watches this much anime at once.
Much respect.

Quasar

Sidonia 12-

This is another show where I feel like it wants to be super serious but can't escape its genre trappings and try to develop actual characters. Stuff like the harem crap really doesn't fit in the show and again detracts from time actually spent fleshing out the characters.

I'm still not sure where this harem stuff is. Unless you have a very liberal meaning for harem.

Lol. Corvo it's fine. I am glad you kind of gave it a chance. A little disappointed you didn't watch all the way to the end since I still plan on finishing my watch bet. I know this might set a precedent for people to take advantage of me in the future but if your not enjoying it there's no reason to force you through it. You didn't resonate with it. It happens. Thanks for posting thoughts.

What makes me happy is seeing the other impressions I have seen on here about people literally changing their outlook on life and becoming closer with their families because of the show. People forgiving and forgetting. Families becoming closer. That is an awesome thing to hear. Still 10 pages behind in the thread but it has been awesome to read how the ending of the show has really affected peoples lives in a positive way. That is great to read.

If you have a story about how Clannad or any Key or Kyoto Animation show has affected you in a positive way please post. I would love to hear more!

Jarmel

Banned
Mahouka 13-

This arc is way way too fucking long for what it is. What is pacing?

This is looking to be an 8 episode arc for a bunch of fucking nothing to happen. Like what the fuck.

Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? 9
Waitresses, idols and warriors of the restaurant floor. Also, nobody else still has figured out the rabbit is also the grandpa

ignore any recent Clannad discussion.

Hmmm? Why? It wasn't that bad of a discussion. Yeah some are expressing their disappointment about certain aspects and that's fine. Everyone has their own taste. Nothing I can do about it really.

dis gon be gud

If I disappointed you I am sorry. No point in getting upset really. Clannad resonated differently to him than it did to me.

Well for starters, you are now pending on muh friends list

Yay!!!!

You're going overboard dude.

Really? I didn't think I was...
----------------------------------------------

And now I am caught up with the thread.

fertygo

Mahouka 13-

This is looking to be an 8 episode arc for a bunch of fucking nothing to happen. Like what the fuck.

I almost wish the show is more about incest pandering so I can at least entertaining myself writing hate post.

Turn out the show is about frigging nothing.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Captain Earth 11

Shit's noir as fuck

Setsuna
Siren
is a cutie. Something tells me she's right up Cajun's alley

Being Akari is suffering

I'm glad this show is finally picking up the pace and not letting it drop.

Mushi-shi Zoku Shou 9

Probably one of the best episodes yet. Really great pacing and direction.

Acchi Kocchi 5

God damn, this is some cute shit. The first half was kinda boring but then CATS. Cats make everything better.

Attack on Titan 5

yooooooooooooooooooooooo

TUSR

Banned
Mahouka 13-

BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BOARD
BATTLE BORED

I loved Clannad and After Story. I must've cried the final 5 episodes of it through in a row and in a way it helped me
get rid of the stupid anger I had towards my Dad who did nothing wrong, get closer to him again and meet my now step family and half sister so I've got a lot to thank it for. Maybe I'm giving it too much credit but it wasn't until after I watched After Story that I somehow twigged that holding a grudge was stupid.

This is really great to read. I am glad that an anime helped you and pushed you to get closer to your family. That's really awesome.

It's stories like this that make me feel Clannad was worth making. It affected many people in positive ways. You can't ask for more.

Good to hear that it gave you something precious back. It's really a bautiful thing.
The story of Tomoya and Ushio is so beautiful and the best part of Clannad. Him being a bad, depressed father, realizing that and at the same time seeing the parallels to his own childhood and his father, who at least tried to care for him. Him appearing at his fathers house and washing him felt way heavier and more difficult than most of the final fights in fighting anime.

I agree. Those last few episodes really do a great job and nailing the point home. Tomoya's growth throughout the show and seeing him become the person he became was very rewarding.

stop-girl.gif

CorvoSol

VOTOMS: Phantom Arc 4

Congratulations, Chirico! You succeeded in
killing God 1.0, had your girlfriend killed by way of goddammit and now you get to be a daddy to God v. 3.0!

TUSR

Banned
Heard it was but I totally forgot about it. I think Darkside saw it?

I saw a picture of some characters in it and I wasn't sure what to think.

Season 1 and 2 look like completely different casts. Might add it to the backlog unless someone here stops me.

Theonik

firehawk watching LoGH. Money talks.
Ariastarter is paying off.

Truthfully speaking, I thought... this was one of the weakest mid-season climaxes in Precure. Perhaps the weakest even.
I told you guys you were speaking too soon.

Also since Erwin was easily best girl, I'll rank best teams.
  1. History club
  2. automobile club
  3. anglerfish team
  4. volleyball team
  5. cnet team since they love Kelly's Heroes
  6. student council team
  7. sudoko team
  8. bad videogamer team
Now it's time for the 6 specials!
Also I knew you'd approve of automotive team

TUSR

Banned
WA 1 is apparently bad from what I hear.

WA 2 is pretty decent with a few dumb moments. You don't need to watch the first but just don't go into it expecting a completely happy ending.

Thats what I was getting at, the tone and cast looked better in S2. Glad to know I can skip the first.

Akagi 10

8a816MO.jpg

For a Fukumoto series, it took a surprisingly long time for someone to say that.

I like how Fake Akagi isn't even given a real name. He's just Fake Akagi. His Kazuma Kiryu dressed ass is just too low tier.

Is this where I come in and say the aspect ratio for that screenshot is wrong cause it is. :p

Yeah people keep telling me about that but I'm too lazy to fix it.
So get driven insane!

TheRancor

Akagi 10

8a816MO.jpg

For a Fukumoto series, it took a surprisingly long time for someone to say that.

I like how Fake Akagi isn't even given a real name. He's just Fake Akagi. His Kazuma Kiryu dressed ass is just too low tier.
Is this where I come in and say the aspect ratio for that screenshot is wrong cause it is. :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Baby Steps Episode 13:

Well, that is certainly an interesting gimmick, I will give it that. Also, yea, the backgrounds are terrible.

Acosta

No Game No Life

That was a really strong presentation for setting a premise. Sure, the idea of reality being a crappy game it´s not new, but the way it was presented felt powerful and interesting. I like the feeling of superiority of the brothers and I liked the visual design of world and characters. I'll refrain to say what I didn't like so much, better not to open that can of worms I think.

CorvoSol

Macross F 11

Shine on Sheryl, you crazy diamond, you. Ignoring your ridiculously anime comment about how your chest brings people hope and dreams, I must applaud you for not only besting Alto's father and brother, but also Ranka in their demands upon his free time on his birthday.

Then again, it wasn't really much of a contest.

I mean, how would you like to spend your birthday?

With the man who made you dress up as a woman and do love scenes with your brother for strangers to watch;

With the dorky quiet girl whose appeal is to that fanbase, eating her crappy little crackers;

OR

Weekend trip for two flying your super awesome space jet robot with your intergalactic pop star super model girlfriend likely saving her life and getting laid in the process?

Ranka, kid, you're so far out of your league you might as well be trying to convince Veffidas not to drum.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Yami 6

That thing's a tiger kid. It's gonna rip your face off and eat it say it's GRRRRREEEAAAAATTTTTT. I wouldn't put it past this show.

Come on Sylvester! Eat Tweety already!

lol dont fucking tell me...no fucking way they'd pull that...

"OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHH" I want that sound effect. DEAR LORD I need that sound effect. That would make the greatest TF2 hitsound in the history of hitsounds.

okay what the fuck is a periperi?

yo what the fuck

lol k cool story bros

School Days 5

THERE'S THAT FUCKING "OHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHH" SOUND EFFECT AGAIN. AGAIN. IN TWO DIFFERENT SERIES. THAT I WATCHED IN SUCCESSION. WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING THERE'S A GLITCH IN THE MATRIX MORPHEUS JESUS FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER SOMEONE HELP ME

BOOBS

BOOBS E'RWHERE

i can't watch this show. it's causing my hand to leave a permanent impression on my face.

"Remember to have morals." DID THOSE WORDS SERIOUSLY JUST FALL OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MOUTH

AGAIN IT HAPPENED AGAIN AND THEN SOME HELP "wegngngngngngngn" i'm fucking dying

yes yes swimming and fan-service.

yo what the fuck son

you dumb as fuck

FORGET ABOUT IT FUCKER NO BAD IDEA THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING FUCK

PKThloP.png

WHAT

THE

FUCK

tumblr_msh6f5GOto1qz4d4bo1_500.png

i'm a broken skeleton

good night and good luck gaf