• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
tumblr_n7w7yk14tP1rxvcvzo1_500.jpg
the saddest tweet

Acosta

NGNL 3

LOOOOOOOOOL, I think someone had too much fun writing this.

The idea of the "chess" game is lovely. And I love the puns, the jojo one was great. You weren't exaggerating how fun this series is.

/XX/

The UI design is great as expected and there's some very memorable architecture and interior design too. The last third of the movie ends with a very tense action set piece with lots of great traditional animation and features a really great scene with the
brief reunion between Batou and Kusanagi.
Such a showcase, that many all-stars for only a not-too-long sequence like that!

Be advised; the above link leads to mild spoilers for GHOST IN THE SHELL: INNOCENCE plot. Careful!

All in all I still find the films a much more satisfying experience than the SAC series. The pacing is a lot slower and more methodical but I appreciate how stylistically different these films play out in comparison. The fantastic direction and superior atmosphere wins me over every time.
Yeah, I'm still a fan of Innocence even though I don't like it as much as the original. Even though it's weaker, an Oshii film is still an Oshii film, and I just love his work in anime. The whole sequence inside the mansion was amazing, I thought. I hope I'll be able to find Bandai's Blu-Ray of it for a decent price one day; if not I'll either import or wait for someone to rerelease it.
Yeah! Contemplative scenes were mesmerizing, but the sharp continuity on action set-pieces brings a totally new life to the film. Special mention for the shoot-out scene of Batō & Togusa against the 'Mafia' gang, and a shame we can't enjoy with images anymore the excellent analysis of it made by Risette (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35259756&postcount=3231).

TheRancor mentioned not too long ago another reminiscent use of the 2nd movement from 'el Concierto de Aranjuez' by the Maestro Rodrigo, and this film remains as the one with (to me) the most memorable and surprising uses of it on the integral 'Follow Me' song version for one of the Japanese trailers (I found specially interesting seeing the Spanish dubbed one narrated by Manolo García Colas, very cool)... although I can't find now a good quality version of it. That trailer highlighted so well the loneliness and permanent bewilderment of Batō without his guiding light, so innocent (human)... amazing!

If Her Flag Breaks 13
This has been one crazy harem anime, but enjoyable. Really flips the tropes while using common archetypes for a lot of the characters.
It being the Matrix is still very confusing. Looks like it's an Akane ending. Also, why would they leave the floor like that in the real world too. You'd think they would fix after all those simulations.

Well, it's certainly interesting, but I'm not sure I'd say it's entertaining. Half of it was boring and the other half funny (some of that unintentionally funny drama) and a memorable ending.

Yeah, it is actually kind of funny/entertaining(if unintentional) towards the second half when he's just ploughing everyone. And then it ends and your life is never the same.

mankoto

After I finish Star Driver and a few final episode from this season, I don't know what to do today. I don't know if I should work on my backlog or or watch something from this season that I missed..

Oreca Battle Episode 13

Laughed at the part where the offer to join the kings side was given and heat and fire gave such a hilarious result.

Also its so comical how only the kids can see the creatures and were fanning things like crazy when the adults walked by.

Acosta

No Game No Life 4

My beloved citizens...
no, my fellow Imanity
We Imanity live in a world where war is forbidden
by the ten pledges, yet we have lost again and again
and now all we have left is Elkia, our last city

So I ask you now, why is that?
Is it because our last king failed?
Because we are the lowest ranked race?
Because we can't use magic?
Because we are fated to die, helpless?
No!

In the ancient war, the gods
the elves, the warbeast, all the races fought
and we fought among them and survived
Why is that this whole continent was once ruled by humans?
Is it because we are a race that specializes in violence?
We can't use magic like elves,
nor are we physically strong like the warbeasts,
nor do we have the longevity of the Flugel.
Why we were able to rule the continent?
is it because we were masters of war?
I tell you is not!

We fought and we survived
because we are weak!
In every time, in every world
the strong polish their fangs while the weak polish their wisdom
Why are we in such danger now?
Because the ten pledges have broken the fangs of the strong
and they have learned to polish their wisdom
The wisdom and strategies that we, the weak once monopolized
The power to survive
The strong have gained them all
and that brought us all to this state!

Answer me this, everyone
Why do you bow your heads?
I repeat, why do you bow your heads?
We are the weak!
We are the weak as we have always been!
Yes, nothing has changed at all
The strong may imitate our weapons,
but they will never master them
because at the heart of our weapons lies
a cowardice born of almost humiliating weakness
The cowardice has given us the wisdom to escape from magic.
The cowardice has given us the wisdom, born from learning
and experience, to predict the future itself!
I say a third time
We are the weak!

We are the proud weak who have, throughout story
turn out the throats of those who sit back and boast of their strenght.
We declare now that we, as Elkia's 205th king and queen
have taken the throne!

I had to write all this because that was just amazing. Way to go Sora!

Dragon Collection Episode 13

The summons always make the battles much more exciting than they really are. Especially this time and for example the part when he jumped on the ground and it crumbled before him as he entered the summon.

Hero Bank Episode 13

BrX-FFCCMAAO5g2.png

Nagare's new look is amazing. Best of the designs, losing the megane really sent his looks to a new level and that hairstyle.

Cyber Emperor match was amazing.
I was glad Kaito didnt win instantly like that just due to Cyber Emporor being a different level.

PV for next episode, what happened to Enter the Gold :(

Nintendoman. If you see this then this is my telling you you don't have to watch my shows for a watch bet. My weeks are busy as it is with work and whenever I get home I barely have enough time to GAF and play games nevermind keep up with current shows. If I ever watch backlog anime I'll for sure watch blackjack as I'm interested but for now you are relieved or your duty. I have games to play, I'mma reread Fables from vertigo and western shows to watch.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Such a showcase, that many all-stars for only a not-too-long sequence like that!

Be advised; the above link leads to mild spoilers for GHOST IN THE SHELL: INNOCENCE plot. Careful!

Yeah! Contemplative scenes were mesmerizing, but the sharp continuity on action set-pieces brings a totally new life to the film. Special mention for the shoot-out scene of Batō & Togusa against the 'Mafia' gang, and a shame we can't enjoy with images anymore the excellent analysis of it made by Risette (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35259756&postcount=3231).
tried to see if I still had that folder somewhere, can't find it :(

If you have a story about how Clannad or any Key or Kyoto Animation show has affected you in a positive way please post. I would love to hear more!

Uhhh....Clannad After Story made me look down on every other high school romance anime. That's pretty much it I guess?

Yami 6

School Days 5

i'm a broken skeleton

good night and good luck gaf

I can understand the despair he's feeling while watching School Days.

Yami on the understand I have not seen.

Hmmmm.....

SAO isn't good enough to be list worthy and I kinda think it's not bad enough to be list worth either. I mean, I still think it's terrible, but relative to the rest of the list it can't chill with those guys

I almost suggested putting SAO on the list because the transition from episode 14 to 15 felt so weird and came out of nowhere. It was such a ridiculous drop in quality.

You gotta have a breather episode of sorts between these things!

But as Corvo said, SAO isn't insane. It's just bad. And I've still got like, 7 episodes left to go with it.

Nintendoman. If you see this then this is my telling you you don't have to watch my shows for a watch bet. My weeks are busy as it is with work and whenever I get home I barely have enough time to GAF and play games nevermind keep up with current shows. If I ever watch backlog anime I'll for sure watch blackjack as I'm interested but for now you are relieved or your duty. I have games to play, I'mma reread Fables from vertigo and western shows to watch.

No problem at all Woofington. I'll still continue my schedule of watching Baccano! every two days, since I'm really enjoying it. I'll take a bit of a break before I start GTO though.

[IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/5cFcdQa.jpg[/IMG]

What is this? An out-take from Girls und Panzer gone horribly wrong? (Haven't seen that show, mind you.)

No Game No Life 4

I had to write all this because that was just amazing. Way to go Sora!

That speech was awesome.

My top 3 best speeches in anime no doubt

Crown speeches are always badass when they're well done.

>The emperess of Kei in 12 kingdom is also a speech that i enjoy listening.<

Best speech in anime. That's a good topic. Anybody have any nominations? I can't think of any at the moment. Only one I can think if is the Nazi speech from Helsinki Ultimate te that took like 10 or 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom