• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Best speech in anime. That's a good topic. Anybody have any nominations? I can't think of any at the moment. Only one I can think if is the Nazi speech from Helsinki Ultimate te that took like 10 or 15 minutes.

alcoholismyfriend40jkq.jpg
I guess we have different definitions of entertainment since if I hate the lead characters nothing else matters.

I wasn't explaining why you didn't like the series. I was providing a counter point to your supposition that people watched Valvrave because they wanted to watch a mecha show and nothing else was on.

Link Man

Banned
If everything crazy was good then that hobo on the street who swears 9/11 killed JFK would have his own show.

Welcome to another episode of Ass Rash Pete. In today's episode our guest star is a soiled diaper who will tell us about his brand new book "Shit Happens". Stick around I might eat later.

Going after the Watamote crowd, I see.

I liked Watamote.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe he's getting ready to gouge out his eyes/ears.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
No, that's not why people were watching it. People were watching it because it was bonkers.

I don't know if I would call Valvrave bonkers. It was just kinda dumb and largely unsatisfying.

Look at what came today:

jhtc.jpg

I don't trust the Swiss.
muthafuckin Toradora tho. looks good.

If you want to watch the worst of anime give a watch to the dub of Garzeys Wing.

That's not how you spell Mars of Destruction.

Escha & Logy 12
The power of friendship triumphs again and they win over Flameu.
Flameu just disappearing just felt odd. It was just boom and she was gone interesting how they showed the protagonists of the upcoming game there, maybe an adaptation of that may be in the works once the game is out

jman2050

Hating Taiga is like hating chocolate (true chocolate, not the fake stuff)

The bitter, abrasive elements only enhance the flavor!

(God I make a lot of food analogies in this thread, I wonder if this is supposed to tell me something)

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Why is Code Geass on the list? I mean aside from all the school hijinks, the first season is solid.

Because of the second season and the shit that gets pulled at the end of the first. To quote Hitokage:

Code Geass is the original trainwreck anime. What starts as a legitimate mecha show with royals fighting for power and shades of Death Note eventually collapses under its own weight leaving you with a singularity of awful writing and "fuck it" direction

jman2050

The first season of Code Geass has
Euphinator
, even if the rest of the show had none of that type of silliness (and it does) that one thing trumps the rest of it and puts it into list territory on its own.

Well good thing I don't like dark chocolate then.

You monster.

Midonin

Love Live! S2 13 + Final Thoughts

That ending does make it clear that they've been planning this movie for some time (and I'm still holding out hope that Pretty Rhythm can get a non-compilation movie someday), but overall, I was satisfied with the ending. Love Live works on a very emotional level, and it feels like the arc for the characters came full circle. They saved the school, won the competition, and came together as a unit. The new song at the end, while a bit awkward in its transition, was fun to listen to, and we got Kotono Mitsuishi as Nico's mom. With today also being Moon Monday and me choosing to marathon Excel Saga, I'm getting a lot of Mitsuishi today. Not 100% sure what kind of story the movie's going to have, but I like these characters. Hanayo taking over for Nico makes sense. Maybe the movie will give Yukiho and Arisa a chance to form their own idol duo.

Whatever the future holds, I'm okay with it. Every idol franchise offers something different, and I'm following all of them. Locodol, the ball's in your court now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom