• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Why is Code Geass on the list? I mean aside from all the school hijinks, the first season is solid.

Because again, being on the list does not mean a show is bad. It means a show is crazy and Geass is.

Although...maybe this is wrong, but I'm getting the impression that you might have skipped Alone Again or are saving it for last after watching all the other Votoms spin-offs? It takes place between Shining Heresy and Phantom Arc.

I did, but it doesn't really show Chirico reacting to the end of Shining Heresy in any big way. All it does of note is nip that worthless Teitania crap in the bud.

Syrinx

Baccano! 4

Well, that certainly was a revealing look as to just how fucked up Ladd Russo truly is. That was brutal. Liked how they had that drum solo juxtaposed against that beating he dished out.

Isaac and Miria are never not entertaining. That whole scene in the hat shop and them dancing in the street and getting hit by the car was a riot.

So a little look into who Barnes was, as well as Ennis. Where Firo is going to figure into this is unclear for now. For that matter, Dallas Geonard seems to be mixed up in the business of these "immortals" as well.

Also wat, evil train spirit thing may be real?!

fertygo

Love Live S2 - 12

That was great, goddamn if just they saving all of crying in previous two eps until this episode.. now onto last eps.

Btw Nozomi is da frigging bes.

cajunator

Banned
Look at what came today:

jhtc.jpg

Niiiiice!

If you want to watch the worst of anime give a watch to the dub of Garzeys Wing.

You mean best right? I know thats what you meant.

Hating Taiga is like hating chocolate (true chocolate, not the fake stuff)

The bitter, abrasive elements only enhance the flavor!

(God I make a lot of food analogies in this thread, I wonder if this is supposed to tell me something)

It means you were destined to live in Louisiana

The first season of Code Geass has
Euphinator
, even if the rest of the show had none of that type of silliness (and it does) that one thing trumps the rest of it and puts it into list territory on its own.

You monster.

Yeah that was the episode where I knew I was watching something truly transcendent.

Well good thing I don't like dark chocolate then.

heathen ._.

I had no idea that Toradora was an upscale! It's at least good to know that it's not a terrible one. What other anime on BD use this kind of upscaling?

ROD TV I think had upscaling. It was one of the very early bluray series. I have the DVD set and the bluray and its definitely an upscale.

:O
Please tell me Nanoha blurays are coming to US!

Watched that when it was on air. Not knowing much about AKB48, still found it enjoyable.

AKB0048 was the awesome Kawamori. It went off the rails so far but it was a thoroughly enjoyable trainwreck.

well played!

Seen that before. Really adorable. I think its favorited.

Because why have them on TV when you can make people buy BDs for them?

Well thats certainly true!

Man I really should catch up on Death Note.

Its worth watching at least once.

CorvoSol

Macross F 14

Pretty sure Ranka is pregnant with space bugs, but at least there was a Betterman reference!

It's funny. Betterman is a really crappy show but whenever I see it referenced in other anime I can't help but enjoy it.

fertygo

Love Live - END

Great finale.. until the movie bait -____-
Frigging foolish, they can do the thing without ruining the episode.. made the world/japan in danger or something, would work much better..

Anyway I still think this S2 is improvement over the S1, the chemistry that already build from there help a lot, much more even focus to all member... yeah its have dumb drama but let remember that's already a thing from S1, and even on the lowest moment I still take it over the S1's low that
involving passing out in raining, friend leaving for oversea drama and all that.

And I actually like the melodrama when its on more subtle side like last two eps shown.

Will watch the dry milk that is the movie.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You kisamas couldn't possibly understand what "nakama" means to me.

Midonin

Sailor Moon 15-16

So a wedding and a date. The date was just goofy hijinks, and the wedding reminds me of how prevalent a "monster attacks a wedding" episode is in Japan's superhero media. Numerous episodes of Sentai have it, too. Not to mention that her dress looked borderline Ragyo-like. I wonder if people would've called Rei and Mamoru's date "NTR", if that term existed back then. The show's settled into a comfortable routine at this point, but the side characters continue to be amusing (Milhouse was in both of these), and the dynamic between Usagi, Rei and Ami is pretty enjoyable.

Jarmel

Banned
New Dominion Tank Police-4
Well atleast I remember how to count to 200 hundred in Japanese again. Really boring episode. Somebody jacks Bonaparte and the episode is getting him back. It's mostly setup for the later episodes1, I'm really hoping the show doesn't tank like the original Dominion did. I did enjoy seeing Leona's room and her fuwafuwa hair.

Hmm, I do understand some folk's opinions about Code Geass. When I watched it, I had a similar feeling about it as I do of the more recent Valvrave. In that dumb, crazy shit will be happening every episode so "don't take it too seriously". I found THAT scene just to be one more part of the wackiness.

Granted, the dumb shit in R2 just wasn't entertaining to me. I think I only found the first and the last episodes up to par.

Because again, being on the list does not mean a show is bad. It means a show is crazy and Geass is.

I see, that actually makes me more curious about trying one of the shows there. Crazy can be fun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Would you have guessed that was an anime original episode? There's a few scattered throughout the first series. I'm not sure if they were written by Amano or not though.
I believe SatoJun specifically wrote that one, since he talks about being nervous about how Amano would respond to it when it aired.

JCG

Hmm, I do understand some folk's opinions about Code Geass. When I watched it, I had a similar feeling about it as I do of the more recent Valvrave. In that dumb, crazy shit will be happening every episode so "don't take it too seriously". I found THAT scene just to be one more part of the wackiness.

"Don't take it too seriously" is good advice. The Code Geass staff doesn't, by their own admission, so why should you? Valvrave had plenty of similar craziness, true, but I felt the series was always missing something in comparison. For instance, the central dynamic wasn't nearly as interesting and the protagonist was a little too bland to care about. It was fun, I guess, but ended on a generally underwhelming note. Overall, it needed the Taniguchi factor.

I did, but it doesn't really show Chirico reacting to the end of Shining Heresy in any big way. All it does of note is nip that worthless Teitania crap in the bud.

Oh, got it. Never mind that then.

The good news is that, if nothing else, Mellowlink and the remaining Votoms productions are usually a step up from the ill-advised sequels.

AnimeGAFers are dropping like flies, Game of Thrones style

And who are you the kohai said that I must bow so low
Only a mod senpai who won't notice, that's the only truth I know
The beautiful things, and the girls moe a GAFer still can post
And mine are right and follow the rules that's all the truth I know
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, the AnimeGAFer
And now the rain weep o'er his ban, with 2 more weeks to clear

AnimeGAFers are dropping like flies, Game of Thrones style

And who are you the kohai said that I must bow so low
Only a mod senpai who won't notice, that's the only truth I know
The beautiful things, and the girls moe a GAFer still can post
And mine are right and follow the rules that's all the truth I know
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, the AnimeGAFer
And now the rain weep o'er his ban, with 2 more weeks to clear

That's beautiful, man.

What the hell is MOBA?

Any game like League of Legends or DOTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom