• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Reminds me how confusing it was when I first heard the terms moba and mobage despite being very different genres.

never even heard of mobage.

the term moda sucks

It sounds dangerous. I shall not venture into that realm lest there are cuties.

kb4FVMg.jpg

dont do it

Wait, was somebody other than Haly banned?

AnimeGAFers are dropping like flies, Game of Thrones style

And who are you the kohai said that I must bow so low
Only a mod senpai who won't notice, that's the only truth I know
The beautiful things, and the girls moe a GAFer still can post
And mine are right and follow the rules that's all the truth I know
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, the AnimeGAFer
And now the rain weep o'er his ban, with 2 more weeks to clear

My lips are sealed.

Hito was banned as well? Shit. I was wondering why nobody was calling me out on denouncing a show for having moe girls.

Hopefully it's temporary and he didn't commit sudoku.

CorvoSol

AnimeGAFers are dropping like flies, Game of Thrones style

And who are you the kohai said that I must bow so low
Only a mod senpai who won't notice, that's the only truth I know
The beautiful things, and the girls moe a GAFer still can post
And mine are right and follow the rules that's all the truth I know
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, the AnimeGAFer
And now the rain weep o'er his ban, with 2 more weeks to clear

One mod to warn them all, one mod to cite them. One mod to ban them all and for their perversions perm them.

On the boards of NeoGAF, where the dark theme lies.

CorvoSol

Macross F 16

I would find this plot about using music to control people and defeat enemies complete and utter nonsense if I hadn't watched Macross 7 where it was proven to be 3000 percent true.

Of further note is that this episode also mentions the Protodeviln and makes a reference to Macross II: Lovers Again.

I wish to God I had not gotten that reference to Macross II, because it is a really, really bad anime.

The issue with MOBAS is that if you're not into them now, you probably won't be. I'd argue that even more so that other communities, that one is the most venomous on how they treat newbies and those that aren't good. It's a popular genre sure, but I've tried and failed to grasp the point, but I'm largely a story driven guy.

Jarmel

Banned
New Dominion Tank Police-5
iwc2V2hCrlWAQ.jpg

ivUGAytX9ziE8.jpg

Just another day in Chicago.
So the city is under attack essentially and it's a culmination of some of the earlier plot threads coming together. This was another 'dark' episode but atleast there was a ton of action so it didn't feel so boring. There were some pretty decent sakuga cuts spread throughout the episode. The ending of the episode was a bit more serious than I expected but I guess it's leadup to the finale.
The commentary by the Puma Twins also injected some humor into the episode. In quite a few ways, they're the best antagonists the show has offered so far, mainly because they're a couple of goofballs.

The only MOBA I ever played was League of Legends. I tried a bit of DOTA 2, but from the little I played of that I got the impression that it was just a harder LOL clone and left it in the dust.

...I deeply apologize in advance to any DOTA fans in this thread offended by that.

But if there's one thing I noticed during my time with LOL, it was that I was never trash-talked or anything. I was always mostly going with the flow and playing it by ear and nobody yelled at me for it. For a community that involves a lot of people yelling at each other I was surprisingly ignored for the most part.

The only MOBA I ever played was League of Legends. I tried a bit of DOTA 2, but from the little I played of that I got the impression that it was just a harder LOL clone and left it in the dust.

...I deeply apologize in advance to any DOTA fans in this thread offended by that.

But if there's one thing I noticed during my time with LOL, it was that I was never trash-talked or anything. I was always mostly going with the flow and playing it by ear and nobody yelled at me for it. For a community that involves a lot of people yelling at each other I was surprisingly ignored for the most part.

you were probably so bad they didn't even want to acknowledge you.

As someone who plays a lot of fighting games, a round that takes upwards to 45 minutes in which you can lose in 15 and depends heavily on the work of others is not exciting or fun.

WarCraft III is also one of my favorite games and I'm still butthurt at the DoTA domination that happened when it came around.

mankoto

Star Driver - 18-25 END
This show was great. The writing felt off at places, and the "that's it" type of ending through me off. But I digress as I really enjoyed myself. There's a movie right? Is it one of those recap movies or does it actually add more to the series?

Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara - 13 END
I honestly wouldn't have watched this if I knew that
nobody won
beforehand. Well, it gets points for being a harem without any ecchi I guess.

Love Live! School Idol Project Second Season - 13 END
Going back in memory lane like that was a nice touch. And I'm honestly surprised Love Live spans 5 years. I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about it until a year ago when the anime started.

Gochumon was Usagi Desu ka? 1-12 END
I really should've picked this up sooner. I might not like the taste of coffee, but the show itself was fantastic. Rize and her gun related antics won me over every time.

Which reminds me, I never finished C3-bu. Maybe I'll watch that along with some movies tomorrow. I've yet to see Wolf Children or the AnoHana movie.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I really want this game. I probably cant even play it properly but I dont care.

*takes shot*

Fuck the pain away

I don't know why they added a new character to a fanservice game. Like they couldn't have just added some random D-rate character from the plethora of Zelda games?

She's so moe I swear I might not ever consider playing this.

A Transcript from the Arjuna watching with Friends, featuring Me, and Ice, a person who doesn't like anime!

And this has like nothing to do with the show!

*speaking about how Hunter x Hunter 135 would've been perfect if it

wasn't for the fucking preview*

*Ice brings up Transformers*

*I bring up the second half of Precure*

KirbYuuYuu: [...] Four out of Five of the series' soundtrack... sucks. Well it

might be good but it's used poorly. The composer for these is the same

as Sailor Moon Crystal, that's part of how I know that.... I know he

also does tracks for shows like Fairy Tail, and Naruto Shitpudding

*laugh*

Ice: Shitpudding...

KirbYuuYuu: OW My leg!

Ice: Are you okay?

KirbYuuYuu: Yeah, I hit my leg on a box. Anyway, but... ironically, one of the shows he didn't

fuck up... I think he was on a leash, to not suck. And he didn't. So

that's my criticism for him. Reusing shit like no man's business.

Ice: Well I don't mind when you reuse business, when you have like a

light motif

KirbYuuYuu: Well yeah, but it's like.. reusing music from a different season

that has... nothing to do with each other.

Ice: Well is like shit like Walking down the street music that he's

using, or is it something important like a theme song for a specific

character?

KirbYuuYuu: Eeehh, I was almost ready to say yes until you said those last few

words

Ice: So it's just like incidental music?

KirbYuuYuu: It's like Street music, battle music also gets reused as well, and

it bothers me because it feels more inappropriate in a different

season than the one it's made for...

Ice: well I guess I can understand your point, i'm saying it could be

a lot worse, like they could be using the evil theme music for

Rajajaja and throw it onto that new um Idon't know... new villain

sidekick known as... Pinko Panko or whatever, I don't know. Fuck What

are these things called?

KirbYuuYuu: Shits.

Ice: Hah, shit, I don't know what their names are called, like one of

them is a furry *Wolfrun* who wants to fuck one of the Pretty Cures and eat her

(KirbYuuYuu: Two. oh god...) and uh.. wait, two of them?

KirbYuuYuu: Yes

Ice: YOU KNOW I CAN RESPECT THAT ACTUALLY!

Dari: Why?

Ice: Because it's like he's shooting for the stars. It's like he

doesn't just want one. He wants two of them! He wants a threesome! I

CAN I CAN (KirbYuuYuu: Oh god what have I done) I CAN RESPECT THAT coming out

of the wolf man! *laughs*

Dari: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE KG!? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

KirbYuuYuu: My PTSD is what happened!

Midonin

Captain Earth 01-03

M3 is kinda dull, and its fellow Saturday show is lacking in a lot of things that would resonate with me (and yet I'll watch both of them to the end), but word of mouth on Captain Earth made me want to watch it. I haven't gotten to the moment yet, but I knew it's also one of two shows from the previous season with a brown girl that's an actual girl. And that other show is my point of comparison. Like Dragonar, it's throwing around a lot of terminology, but I don't find any of it obtuse so far. That may be a function of having more screentime or of the writing, not sure which one.

The setting being the same as Robotics;Notes is a plus, and the Earth Engine reminds me a lot of the Mega Voyager from Mega/in Space. I'm not sure where it classifies on the spectrum, but it's got more than a few Super Robot elements going for it, and since Daimidaler is done and neither of the two upcoming robot shows has convinced me to watch, I'll pick this one up.

The show's emphasis on youthful enthusiasm means that most of the adults come across as kinda jerks, but it also means there's a warmth and a friendship that serves to counteract M3's malaise. Akari's self-styled magical girl shtick and theatrical explaining of her backstory won me over instantly. And episode 4 will win me over even more. The scenery looks nice, the characters are likable and it's, though not quite exact, closer to what I'm looking for in a mecha show. Heroism.

My plan is to get through the currently airing episodes this week and hopefully add it to my Saturday rotation. Or just do the back half sometime in September, either one's good.

I leave on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom