• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Hype plummeting.....

I still don't get the obsession of the Dinosaurs. Like why?

well
agf1xj74f.gif

Stulaw

Engaged to the Unidentified 1-12[END] + OVAs

Just finished watching it, and I really loved this series, even the Opening(which was rather erotic) and Ending songs were great, along with the Manga bits right at the end. The last episode felt really rushed, but I guess that was due to the fact that everything had to be squeezed into 12 episodes, and they don't know if they're getting a season 2 (I hope it does). I don't really have a favourite character since all of them had their good parts, I wish Shirayuki (Mashiro and Hakuya's mum) was in it more though, and I haven't read the 4 Koma, but it's still going on so I hope it'll get another season.

Overall, I give it 9 out of 10 Nessies.

cnet128

Banned
Soul Eater Not! 9

I find it amusing for some reason that Meme's half-asleep battle with Anya had better animation than many of the legitimate action scenes in this show. That whole scene was pretty priceless (and yuri-tastic to boot).

Meme's adventure through her own bizarre forgotten memories was fun too, as was the amusing little baseball attempt. A fun episode in general.

And now the school festival is looming close, which means Tsugumi's deadline to choose a partner is near at hand. I wonder what excuse the show is going to give her to avoid choosing one over the other. My money is on her transforming into some kind of weapon that separates into two so they can both wield her.

Glad they used the best titan for their advertising.

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/WpqWMDL.png[/IMG]

I-it's not like I want to eat you or anything b-baka

Black Bullet 9

A solid team building episode..... BUT FUCK. GOD DAMMIT SHOW. ENOUGH WITH THE LOLI PERVERT PANDERING.

Like the more this show continues the more it seems like perverted loli pokemon.

Also fuck you anime. I don't need you to insult my intelligence by trying to come up with a reason why there are cat girls. Just fucking say "because reasons". It just makes me mad. And when I am mad I write bad reviews on NeoGAF. And you don't want that.

CorvoSol

Zeta Gundam 30

"Char, Blex is dead and you are the military leader of the AEUG now, even if Wong and others hold the purse. We NEED Axis on our side. Can you not fuck this up?"

"Sure thing, no problem."

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Anyway, on the one hand I get why Jerrid hates Kamille. I mean, Kamille is so attractive that he has chemistry with every freaking woman he meets. He's like the King Solomon of Gundam, but without any of the money or clairvoyance. Meanwhile, Jerrid has to deal with Yazan feeling him and other guys up and every time he manages to get a girlfriend, Kamille immediately kisses her.

Like seriously, if Yoko and Jerrid kissed, there would be such bloodshed in the next episode.

Anyway, Kamille kills Jerrid's girlfriends every single time he gets them, but on the other hand, Jerrid murdered his mom. At worst they're even now, and Jerrid should learn to walk the fuck away from Kamille because Kamille is piloting the Zeta and will wreck his shit. That's not going to happen, though because Jerrid's face was born with marks from that time Kamille hit him so damn hard his mother felt it before he was even born.

Is Jerrid a Newtype, though? Because in this episode, after
Mauer dies, the two have one of those post-mortem conversations that Newtypes have with the souls of the deceased/departing. And as an addition to this, there must be some manner of afterlife in Gundam, since there are souls and the souls depart from the body. And not all of them linger as Force Ghosts the way Lalah seems bent on doing. Maybe they return to the Living Force? Maybe Illuvatar collects them? Who knows.

You know, I feel like the Mark II Gundam is sort of a really generic design, only somewhat improved by the G-Defenser, but I kinda really want it and the Hyaku Shiki for the sake of Emma and Quattro alone. Because seriously, Lt. Emma is probably one of my favorite female characters in Gundam. She's just a really solid soldier, and unlike basically every other young person on the Argama, she seems to be pretty damn good at keeping her shit together.

It's sort of like how I don't care much about the Rising Gundam as a design, but I consider getting it for Rain Mikamura's sake.

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 30

Really glad they did this episode the way they did. Fyana's character has kinda been lukewarm to me thus far, she having lost her will to fight and having spent too much of her time as a princess in a castle and not a perfect soldier and Chirico's equal when she should be his better in combat. It makes sense, on the one hand. I mean it is very Final Fantasy VI, the Perfect Mech Soldier whose human emotions rob her of her will to fight because of the great confusion she experiences. It's also something you see in Eureka in E7. But I really liked that while Chirico is having his breakdown (as many a mech pilot understandably needs after countless battles) she decides to take charge of the situation and take care of him, going so far as to suit up and do battle (even though combat horrifies her now) in order to protect the man she loves when he's down. It really sets them together, I feel. As many times as Chirico has fought for Fyana, it's nice to see her fight for him. It's nice to have big, strong Chirico down for the count and in need of saving by the woman who is in fact his better at fighting.

It's also hilarious that the Balarant are all "One AT shot down 20 of our ATs and two battleships? It MUST be a Perfect Soldier!" even though it wasn't. It was Chirico.

Meanwhile, Rochina serves his commander a huge slice of "Fuck you" when his commander is like "Dude you're off the case" and Rochina's like "Fine, bitch, but I totes know where Chirico is, and if you don't keep me on this case I'll find someone who cares."

Really all we're lacking right now is Coconna. I MISS YOU COCONNAAAA! Coconna is Best girl, you see.

Sword Art Online - 2

Allrighty, so a month has passed. I'll have to assume the EMP strategy didn't exactly work out somehow.

But don't worry folks! We have Viral/Sanageyama/Cyborg Guy/Link on our side to arrange people together to beat the first boss!

Well that's stupid. Here we have a character voiced by one of my favourite voice actors and he's the guy who gets the first on screen death. How'd he even die anyway? He still had some health left. Must have been bleed damage or something.

"I'm a beta tester and a cheater. I'm a beater." BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, it speaks for itself.

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 132

The end is near. Not the most eventful of episodes, but I can't honestly fault any scene with Meruem in it. Memories or no memories, he's still the most compelling character in this whole show.

Silly Palm, always looking away at key moments. C'mon, how did you miss Gon's whole climactic scene?

CorvoSol

Nintendoman why are you watching that? Don't do like me. Don't spend your time watching bad anime. Watch GOOD anime. What happened to G Gundam? Did you finish that? Go back to that.

Kill la Kill - 13

A nice, slow episode after the three hi-octane episodes... until the last three minutes where shit hits the fan. Also, I audibly booed at the
REVOCS = COVERS
thing. That was stupid.

Clov

I'm on episode 42 of Nana. Hearing the voice of Nana's father again, it sounded awfully familiar; a quick check confirmed my suspicions. He's voiced by the same guy who voices the old Joesph Joestar in Stardust Crusaders! It's always neat when you recognize a voice actor.

Nintendoman why are you watching that? Don't do like me. Don't spend your time watching bad anime. Watch GOOD anime. What happened to G Gundam? Did you finish that? Go back to that.

I was planning on watching G Gundam alongside PshychoNinja, basically doing what you did with Kirb when you were watching Princess Tutu. I thought it might make the experience livelier, watching what is apparently a manly, bro-fistingly awesome show and posting impressions with someone else watching the same thing.

But he's held off on that and it kinda fell into the background. I'm watching SAO because I feel kinda bad for joining the crowd in saying it sucks when I haven't actually watched the show for myself. I guess you could call it a hatewatch, seeing as I already spoiled myself on all the really bad parts and am somewhat curious to see how it all plays out.

But two is enough for one day. I still need to get back to Gundam SEED and Vividred.

cajunator

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified 1-12[END] + OVAs

Just finished watching it, and I really loved this series, even the Opening(which was rather erotic) and Ending songs were great, along with the Manga bits right at the end. The last episode felt really rushed, but I guess that was due to the fact that everything had to be squeezed into 12 episodes, and they don't know if they're getting a season 2 (I hope it does). I don't really have a favourite character since all of them had their good parts, I wish Shirayuki (Mashiro and Hakuya's mum) was in it more though, and I haven't read the 4 Koma, but it's still going on so I hope it'll get another season.

Overall, I give it 9 out of 10 Nessies.

this show was absolute joy to watch. Courtesy of Mashiro.

:D

Sword Art Online - 2

Allrighty, so a month has passed. I'll have to assume the EMP strategy didn't exactly work out somehow.

But don't worry folks! We have Viral/Sanageyama/Cyborg Guy/Link on our side to arrange people together to beat the first boss!

Well that's stupid. Here we have a character voiced by one of my favourite voice actors and he's the guy who gets the first on screen death. How'd he even die anyway? He still had some health left. Must have been bleed damage or something.

"I'm a beta tester and a cheater. I'm a beater." BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, it speaks for itself.

Youre about to meet some fun characters and then barely ever see them again.

sonicmj1

Sword Art Online - 2

Thinking on it more, the real reason that nobody rescued them from SAO from the outside is that the powers-that-be realized that living inside an MMO was the most radical thing ever, and that it'd be crueler to deprive them of this sweet-ass virtual world than it'd be to leave them there to possibly die.

That would at least explain why the world is the way it is at the start of the next arc.

Oh is that what it is? We moved away from School Days to SAO? Lol. I nominate E7AO to be the next shit that everyone needs to watch.

They'll have to have watched the original E7 in order to get the right reaction.

See, I'll avoid E7AO when I finish E7 because if I really liked what went down in E7, which I probably will, I wouldn't want my memories of it to get tarnished.

It's why Madoka Rebellion caused me so much pain.

But with SAO, I have no expectations can't be bothered to give a damn and I am prepared to laugh at and mock the horrible things it shows on screen.

Quasar

Crunchyroll now with native chromecast support on ios/android. Good to see it finally here. My roundabout solution of a crunchyroll plugin for plex wasnt perfect.

NeonZ

You know, I feel like the Mark II Gundam is sort of a really generic design, only somewhat improved by the G-Defenser, but I kinda really want it and the Hyaku Shiki for the sake of Emma and Quattro alone.

The Mark II is generic due to everything that came later though, not the other way around. It's pretty much a refined and perfected "basic" Gundam design and most later Gundams seem to use it as a base rather than the RX-78, aside from the colors obviously.

Articalys

Did you manage to pull off a ROLLING THUNDER? :D
Well, I'm actually closest to Tsukishima in height, on the complete opposite end of the spectrum. But there were only five of us, three-on-two, so I did have to go for a couple diving saves.
yourfavoriteanimesucks.jpg
Always one of the correct arguments, along with the corollary of "someone loves everything you hate."
Kizu was written after Bakemonogatari.

And I don't know what could confuse you in Bakemonogatari.
I'm still amused that, when Bakemonogatari aired, Neko Black hadn't been written yet, so the animated flashback in Tsubasa Cat ended up being completely different from what actually happened in Tsubasa Family. Or something.

CorvoSol

The Mark II is generic due to everything that came later though, not the other way around. It's pretty much a refined and perfected "basic" Gundam design and most later Gundams seem to use it as a base rather than the RX-78, aside from the colors obviously.

True, true. I kinda actually feel that the Mk. II is better in Titans colors than its later ones, but I think the design is better with the Defenser equipped. The best of all would be a custom color scheme that reflected Emma's green better.

I was planning on watching G Gundam alongside PshychoNinja, basically doing what you did with Kirb when you were watching Princess Tutu. I thought it might make the experience livelier, watching what is apparently a manly, bro-fistingly awesome show and posting impressions with someone else watching the same thing.

But he's held off on that and it kinda fell into the background. I'm watching SAO because I feel kinda bad for joining the crowd in saying it sucks when I haven't actually watched the show for myself. I guess you could call it a hatewatch, seeing as I already spoiled myself on all the really bad parts and am somewhat curious to see how it all plays out.

But two is enough for one day. I still need to get back to Gundam SEED and Vividred.

Hey don't put that all on me. Been watching your recommendation with Gurren Lagann, Woofingtons Fate/Zero and my guilty pleasure Black Bullet. :p

I'll be returning to G Gundam in a few hours though.

I actually blame my binge watching of House the last few weeks mostly. It's just so freakin entertaining.

Vividred Operation - 11

I want to gif a certain scene in this episode so badly, but it's a big spoiler (or what could pass as a spoiler in this show). So unfortunatley I'll just have to state it in words that
the raven just swallowed Rei whole. It was crazy. It's face EXPANDED and swallowed her in one second.

Vividred Operation - 11

I want to gif a certain scene in this episode so badly, but it's a big spoiler (or what could pass as a spoiler in this show). So unfortunatley I'll just have to state it in words that
the raven just swallowed Rei whole. It was crazy. It's face EXPANDED and swallowed her in one second.

lol

Get ready Woofington. I am gonna finish Fate/Zero tonight so I can finally get on with G Gundam.

And I still don't hate hate Kiritsugu!!! :D (actually he's still quite the character. I like him.)

Kill la Kill - 15

A rematch between Ryuko and Satsuki and a reveal in store, this was definitely stronger than the last episode, though to be honest I had a bit of a problem following what was going on, and it wasn't the action that lost me a bit.

Theonik

Aria the Animation 01
xfmeta.png

I think that's moe.
So yeah, first episode was very cute. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It was very relaxing and the characters seem charming.
Some quality ara ara too in this. I hope we get much more of it.
I wonder if Ai is coming back. Her name starts with an A. Maybe?

Aria the Animation 01

So yeah, first episode was very cute. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It was very relaxing and the characters seem charming.
Some quality ara ara too in this. I hope we get much more of it.
I wonder if Ai is coming back. Her name starts with an A. Maybe?

Really jealous of people that can watch this first time. Perfect feel good anime. It was so nice to watch one episode of Aria before going to bed. Also one of those series that really gets better with each season. Animation was pretty good, Natural was great and Origination was damn masterpice. Miss those days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom