• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ping Pong 9

I can already tell how this show is going to end

Peco will play Smile in the final. After an intense battle, Peco finally wins. Smile first smiles but then starts laughing in pure joy, the hero has returned

Haikyuu!! set one is amazing the OikawaIwaizumi card even

91DRuQIoldL._AA_.jpg

Vividred Operation - 12 END

j5AoCBf.jpg

IS THIS THE LIGHT OF THE HEART?!?

Oh, oh wow.

This show did not deserve the awesome final battle sequence it had. That
final Vivid DBZ fusion and Vivid Punch
was pretty damn cool, I'll admit that.

But what follows,
is the most forced, in-your-face happy endings I've ever seen. Now don't get me wrong. I don't hate overly happy endings, I love happy endings! But I also love mashed potatoes and I wouldn't like them if someone was shoving five heaping pounds of them down my throat.

I mean, I can accept
Rei being saved. That's cool. What I don't accept is "They" who are apparenty the guardians of space-time or whatever saying "Hey! We fixed your world for you! Everything's fine! Nobody died!"

Okay, I can understand that they obviously wanted a reason for a last-second half-assed goodbye scene, but why in the most painfully deus-ex-machina of ways? Why couldn't they just end the show with her accepting the fact that her friends and family were all gone and that she had new friends to help her move on? By then I was already laughing. So the gang says goodbye, and do you know what was the final nail in the coffin was for this ending? A couple episodes earlier Rei released the only bird she called her friend in that world. GUESS WHO CAME BACK?!?

Also the Grandpa in the ferret puppet body issue gets resolved somehow. No explanation given, it was just resolved somehow.

So final verdict, this show felt like nothing but a massive waste of my time. It had the potential to be something really cool and interesting but it threw all that away to focus more on the butts. Now I understand that there are some here who enjoy shows like that, but I'm not one of them, and quite frankly I should have seen this outcome coming since the Button episode.

CorvoSol

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 31

A bit of a slower episode, just Fyana trying to keep Chirico alive while he has his emotional breakdown on this ship ("nobody can love someone like me!" he cries, as a woman who is very much in love with him struggles to keep his head on his shoulders) as the Balarant board the ship, which is preparing to touch down on a planet. Meanwhile, the society seems to have caught up with them, and are planning to kill them all. Ypsillon is clearly very upset that Fyana is in love with Chirico and not him, and the Twins (I don't remember the names of these guys) seem more interested in trolling him than in doing anything that I assume the Society is paying them to do.

cnet128

Banned
Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin 9

Every episode that passes just reinforces my certainty that this show needs exponentially more Yun. Yun is happiness. Yun is life. So I guess it's a good thing that she seems to be a key figure in this arc, even if it's not entirely clear what's actually up with her.

Also, Nanana's compromise made a surprising amount of sense. That's certainly one way of bending your own rules, and I find it kind of sweet that she was willing to do that for Juugo.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ah yes, just picked up Simoun: The Complete Series on the DVD or a nice deal. Shame this has not been released on Blu-Ray but I do not hold out hope that will happen.

Ping Pong 9

Well, it finally happened. The show managed to have an episode that was boring despite tons of actual ping-pong playing.

Peco's attitude at the end was nice as usual though. Next episode will probably be more fun.

I didn't find the episode boring. :(

CorvoSol

Macross 7 18

In which Gamlin's fate as the biggest dork in the fleet is forever sealed. I mean jeez, dude. "Could you explain why she likes to be in a rock and roll band?" Bad enough he's such a square he tucks his shirt into his pants, but then there's this? That purple wolverine hair isn't gonna save you from losertown, Gamlin.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Smile is probably the least interesting character in the show. Not that I don't like him, everyone else is just more intriguing.
He hasn't really gotten much of the spotlight. I'm kind of okay with it though, because he can still be contextualized through what's going on around him for now. His backstory intertwined with Peco's heavily, so when we're learning more about Peco we're also learning a lot about Smile. So far Ping Pong has done an excellent job building its characters out even in short spurts, so there's still time for Smile to get that extra push. All of the stuff in the bathroom in the most recent episode was amazing.

Mature

His actions are atypical and his motivations are somewhat unclear. It seems like his character arc has the potential to end up in a lot of different places. That being said, I think just about everyone in the show is interesting— i'm not putting Smile chiefly above them.

Gundam SEED - 16

It's really interesting to see just how much Flay is manipulating Kira and how Kira's falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

He thinks Flay genuinely cares for how he feels when he goes out to fight when it's clear to the audience that she just wants Kira to die a horrible death in a mecha. And you can't exactly blame Kira for falling for it because nobody else at that point (besides Lacus, I guess) had ever shown Kira any sort of comfort for going out there and putting his life on the line while others die around him as he helplessly watches. It's a really interesting scenario and I'm really curious to see where they go with it.

Because he lives each day without any motivation. He has no dreams or aspirations for the future. He's almost inhuman. The exact same type of character type as the protagonist in The Stranger. And slowly we're learning more details about him that make this enigma seem more and more human. More normal.

He also has a ton of talent, and you know he is going to throw it all away in order to make his best friend happy. His friend that was able to make him smile for the first time in his entire life. Their relationship will end much better than the relationship between Kaiodouche and Butterfly Joe. True friendship. Tsukimoto and Peco's relationship as friends is fantastic to see.

survivor

Banned
Because he lives each day without any motivation. He has no dreams or aspirations for the future. He's almost inhuman. The exact same type of character type as the protagonist in The Stranger. And slowly we're learning more details about him that make this enigma seem more and more human. More normal.

He also has a ton of talent, and you know he is going to throw it all away in order to make his best friend happy. His friend that was able to make him smile for the first time in his entire life.
Some of the scenes that show his humanity are pretty cool like when he ran away unsure of why he is training so hard, his opposition to move to the rival school, and when he was talking with his teammate that brought him the new balls. Smile is a pretty interesting character.

fertygo

Smile is best Ping Pong, pretty sure I'm not interested anymore if he not in the show, unless the whole book shifted to Kong's journey to became buddha ;__;

cajunator

Banned
I won't permit anyone speaking ill of Gyan.

I dont mind Gyan to be honest.

Haha, of all the people currently raging about New SM, I am not one of them.

I like it. Im not enamored but Ill give it a chance.

You guys.

I love anime.

I love it too. It completes me.

Ah yes, just picked up Simoun: The Complete Series on the DVD or a nice deal. Shame this has not been released on Blu-Ray but I do not hold out hope that will happen.

Nice pickup. Simoun is great.

http://a.pomf.se/snhrzg.webm

Date a Live S2 8

Head pat scene was cute.

The ear nibble scene + Kurumi's voice + Kurumi's music = Lewd to the point where it can shame some actual hentai scenes.

Lol I thought this was AHugeBattleship post but any Kurumi content is always welcomed.

Accel World 15
Never before have I wanted to beat the crap out of a main character in my life. He's being so idiotic its painful.

Haru is adorable sometimes but often he is so whiny and a little coward bitch. Luckily Kuroyukihime keeps him in line.

zeroshiki

The Google Doodle for today is a picture of a Goban and a bald dude. Apparently it's Honinbo Shuusaku's 185th birthday today. Better known as Fujiwara no Sai's original host in Hikaru no Go.

AbXMnku.png

Goddamn I loved that show.

The Google Doodle for today is a picture of a Goban and a bald dude. Apparently it's Honinbo Shuusaku's 185th birthday today. Better known as Fujiwara no Sai's original host in Hikaru no Go.

AbXMnku.png

Goddamn I loved that show.

how does one see google doodles? mine just shows standard white background standard google typeface?

Ping Pong the Animation - 09

Yeah, Smile's definitely gonna lose on purpose so Peco doesn't lose his ability to walk. Just like with Koizumi and Tamura.

Only 2 episodes left.

New Ending is alright
Puchimas!! - 51
The experiment that the viewers needed but that the world didn't need.

Puchimas!! - 52
This is how you create a dark/last boss for a dongeon.

As if harukasan wasn't already scary , now you have
dark haruka san ?
Notsureifiwant.jpg

Puchimas!! - 53
My least favorite puchi got his episode...

It wasn't that bad.

Puchimas!! - 54
My least favorite puchi got to try again But with heihachi michima ?
Puchimas%21%21%20-%2054.jpg

It was quite awesome.

It's the king of the iron fist tournament effect.

Clov

I actually liked the first Chuunibyou opening. Though I liked the visuals much more than the song itself, which wasn't very memorable.

I think it's time for a confession.

Everytime one of you posts about Nanana I sing in my head

"Na na naaaaaaaaaaaa na! Na na naaaaaaaaaaaaa na! Hey hey hey! Goodbyeeeeeee"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom