• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

So earlier I asked about best shounen OPs, but this time I have a different question: what OP (not just from shounen shows) gets you the most pumped up with energy, most excited for the show to start?

So earlier I asked about best shounen OPs, but this time I have a different question: what OP (not just from shounen shows) gets you the most pumped up with energy, most excited for the show to start?

Jojo's first OP does a good job of that for me!

SONO CHI NO SADAME

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO!

Jarmel

Banned
Date A Live-9

This whole fucking thing is stupid. Miku is just standing there and Tohka doesn't realize all she needs to do is shank the asshole behind her.

Absolutely stupid fucking tripe. Feel like I lost braincells watching this shit.

Captain Phillips-senpai

A very good film, if a bit on the nose on how heroic Phillips is when apparently IRL crew members swear he was nowhere near that heroic.

Though my friend and I were just pissed at how this could've all been solved if like a couple of people on board had guns.

Conan-san

It's been like a month and I still have no idea what the hell that character was trying to do or what her entire purpose was in that show.

Sword Art Online - 6

...what.

So this guy killed his wife because she changed from who she was and became a more dependable and likeable person.

SAO, I understand what you tried to go for here, with the whole "learning a new side of the person you marry" thing. But that was just half-assed.

You know how I would have done it? I would have the game change the wife into a frightened, more insane person. A person who ended up becoming a monstrous player killer to survive and protect her husband. Have it get to a point where it got so bad that the husband had to tearfully kill her like a mad dog just to stop her rampage.

That would be a tragic story I could get behind.
Oh yes, because making it that
the woman deserved it
would have totally not brought it's own set of issues (and that sort of ending would have, let's not kid ourselves) that Alternetive Universe you wouldn't have brought up because of the mad quest to recognise SAO Is the worst anime of all time even when the likes of IGPX, Mahoka, Wixross and Madoka Rebellion stalk the night.

It's a proctorial cop drama sort of two parter. Castle with the numbers filed off (It even goes for some of Castle's more goofy humour what with Sandwich and everything)

And I know what you're going to say and no. You say the canned response about how that demeans even Castle and I will end every last one of the anime on this thread.

I'm dead serious, I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Batterou.

jman2050

Oh yes, because making it that
the woman deserved it
would have totally not brought it's own set of issues (and that sort of ending would have, let's not kid ourselves) that Alternetive Universe you wouldn't have brought up because of the mad quest to recognise SAO Is the worst anime of all time even when the likes of IGPX, Mahoka, Wixross and Madoka Rebellion stalk the night.

It's like this paragraph was specifically designed to piss off firehawk.

Clov

I'll get this out of the way; overall, I really like Madoka Rebellion. It certainly has some problems, and it can't really measure up to the TV series it came from, but I still liked it. I know a lot of people don't like it for a variety of reasons, and that's fine. I don't mind if others don't like it.

But saying it's worse than SAO? One of the worst of all time? Come on. That's just plain silly.

fertygo

I'll get this out of the way; overall, I really like Madoka Rebellion. It certainly has some problems, and it can't really measure up to the TV series it came from, but I still liked it. I know a lot of people don't like it for a variety of reasons, and that's fine. I don't mind if others don't like it.

But saying it's worse than SAO? One of the worst of all time? Come on. That's just plain silly.

Yup, the Gunkata fight alone make the movie not deserve called that bad.

Clov

Yup, the Gunkata fight alone make the movie not deserve called that bad.

Hell, the production values of Rebellion alone puts it ahead of some of the actual worsts (Mars of Destruction, Garzey's Wing, etc). While SAO might be pretty bad, but it's definitely not one of the worsts of all time; there's some really bad stuff out there.

trejo

Gintama 87

WL9FdwI.jpg

So spicy. ;__;

Conan-san

It is to that franchise what Nadieso: Prince of Darkness is to Nadesico; an unnecessary sequel that only exists to make the victories that were fought long and hard for moot in the name of sequels that may or may not exist and to do so puts a big ol' smeer of shit over the events and messages of the original work and to potentialy leave it at the state of play that film brings is a horrific ending to the Madoka continuity.
"Surprise all of existence! You're all just prisoners in my bird cage for my lover who will live her life in a moé bubble for all eternity!" (So, you know, have fun with that when she dies of old age, you insane bint)

It is a tarnish on Shaft's reputation (such as it is) and Gen's careerer.

SAO Fairy Dance Is better than Rebellion.

Hell at least Prince of Darkness had the Black Selena III theme

fertygo

Jojosona 10

Dammit no. NO. Now I'm gonna have to go and be really sad.
Dammit Ken.. oh wait.
It is to that franchise what Nadieso: Prince of Darkness is to Nadesico; an unnecessary sequel that only exists to make the victories that were fought long and hard for moot in the name of sequels that may or may not exist and to do so puts a big ol' smeer of shit over the events and messages of the original work.

Tarnishing what?

Rebellion is the most successful otaku anime movie after K-ON movie.

jman2050

It is to that franchise what Nadieso: Prince of Darkness is to Nadesico; an unnecessary sequel that only exists to make the victories that were fought long and hard for moot in the name of sequels that may or may not exist and to do so puts a big ol' smeer of shit over the events and messages of the original work.

Madoka Rebellion is a thought-provoking expansion of the franchise that challenges its viewers by reexamining the core message and themes of the original series and crafts a scenario that distinguishes itself while remaining consistent to what preceded it and invites discussion and debate by its fans while not being overly vague or convoluted.

It is to Madoka what Disappearance was to Haruhi and one of Shaft's best works.

That speaks ill of Otaku. Not well of Rebellion.

Maybe you should just stop being a crybaby.

edit:

I couldn't care less if you don't like something. But your voice of authority thing is highly annoying. Also anything except a "reset" ending would be against the premise of the Madoka series.

Conan-san

Madoka Rebellion is a thought-provoking expansion of the franchise that challenges its viewers by reexamining the core message and themes of the original series and crafts a scenario that distinguishes itself while remaining consistent to what preceded it and invites discussion and debate by its fans while not being overly vague or convoluted.

It is to Madoka what Disappearance was to Haruhi and one of Shaft's best works.
Here is the thought that's being provoked;
"Hey guys, remember that poignant ending to Madoka that was just right in terms of bittersweet and happy? Well fuck you cuz we have figures of Homura in a bittchin' new black ensemble to sell and maybe another fucking Moesploition show to make only with Madoka characters so we can have jokes at a character's expense by having her meet misfortune with cakes or something. Buy all our playsets and toys!"

Rebellion is Endless Eight.

I couldn't care less if you don't like something. But your voice of authority thing is highly annoying. Also anything except a "reset" ending would be against the premise of the Madoka series.
Oh huh. Maybe they should have ether A) Left it the fuck alone or B) had gone with what Gen had in mind (
Homura being Vallhala'd
) and not C) Told gen to write some bullshit to extend the franchise because, again, I point to Nadiesco as proof of how that can go horribly wrong.

fertygo

That speaks ill of Otaku. Not well of Rebellion.
You're not making any sense, if the movie is successful and making bank than what that make it tarnish whatever kind of legacy that you mentioning?

Because some western watcher didn't like the movie?

The movie don't even that controversial in everywhere.

Oh huh. Maybe they should have ether A) Left it the fuck alone or B) had gone with what Gen had in mind (
Homura being Vallhala'd
) and not C) Told gen to write some bullshit to extend the franchise because, again, I point to Nadiesco as proof of how that can go horribly wrong.

So basically you want one of the pointless Sailor Moon fanservice movies? That would be pointless indeed.

The Nadesico movie was also highly successful. The "problem" of the movie was that the Saturn and Dreamcast games were never translated, so the western fanbase don't have acess to a large part of the story.

Conan-san

So basically you want one of the pointless Sailor Moon fanservice movies? That would be pointless indeed.

The Nadesico movie was also highly successful. The "problem" of the movie was that the Saturn and Dreamcast games were never translated, so the western fanbase don't have acess to a large part of the story.
Between the two options leaving it at the recap movies would have been the best option but you got to put Gunhaver in there somehow.

If that is true about how the Nadiesco movie was a success then I've lost all respect for Japan as a consumer culture.

Conan-san

Fine, be that way. I'll be over here, not having my favourite shows ruined by awful movies and you can go watch rebellion with delude yourselves about how it being sort of like End Of Eva isn't some sort of Naked Cash Grab and Prince of Darkness wasn't the selfsame.

We can both be happy then. Sorta.

holysan

So basically you want one of the pointless Sailor Moon fanservice movies?
I never thought of Rebellion as anything other than a fanservice movie so I don’t get some of the critics. The series was finished, there was no way to continue it, but they still tried to because of its success. It was made for the fans, so they could see their beloved characters once again, what’s wrong with that?

jman2050

I'm generally sympathetic to the frustrations one has when they feel that a franchise they love was ruined (obligatory Tenchi OVA3 mention because no I will never let it go), but when dealing with something as hugely successful as Rebellion being a staunch opponent becomes something of an uphill battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom