• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I didn't notice until now, but BlueSakuga has started doing monthly sakuga MADs again, that handy device for people who want to see cool recent animation highlights without actually sitting through a bunch of shows that may or may not have merit to them otherwise. I'll link them here for those interested:

May (Highlights: Gundam Unicorn 7, Jojo: Stardust Crusaders, Disk Wars: Avengers of all shows)
April (Highlights: Ping Pong OP of course, Haikyuu, Naruto)
March (Highlights: Parol's Future Island, Magi, Gundam Build Fighters)

Ah that's great, this makes it much easier to drop shows with good animation.

jman2050

Not before Final Fantasy XV: Part One: Noctis Dedicatum ($39.99), though.

This is barely a tangent, but to get your JRPG fix nowadays you have to either A) wait agonizingly long times for big budget sequels that may or may not exist being made by companies that wouldn't give a shit about the genre anymore if their brand recognition weren't on the line, B) mine the depths of low-budget weeaboo fanservice games, indie or otherwise, and hope that you find something that has an acceptable good-gameplay-to-panderbait-otaku-nonsense and do so mostly blindly because any useful impressions are going to be drowned out by whatever their dedicated fanbases say, C) play mobile RPGs and subsequently kill yourself for lowering your standards enough that that is even an option, or D) own a portable and play a good-to-great game maybe 2-3 times a year. Assuming said games are even translated. And working with the knowledge that those titles will slowly dwindle as companies make terrible mobile games instead.

The modern game industry sucks. Almost as much as the modern anime industry.

Hattori

Banned
This one is just 1 hour of motion-captured Kojima as Snake laughing at you while gyrating his hips.
KrNRAZ1.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Double entendre:
Vb24Nfdl.jpg

Single entendre:
Qmvo4iil.jpg

(Seitokai Yakuindomo is still fun. I hope this isn't the last thing we see from the series.)

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Is the Order a Rabbit? - 07-08

This show is so, so good. Rize continues to be best girl (marksman joke bit was awesome) and Syaro's dedication to her makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside,

cnet128

Banned
They ran into them first twice. They just didn't make out with them. Poker guy was just a normal dude and Teppei decided to be not bad, so far.

Well, I know strictly speaking they've got to a couple of them before the Evil Kiss Squad did, but Teppei doesn't feel like he counts since he's such a special case, being on the good guys' side for years before the Designer Children: Gotta Catch 'Em All spree even started, and as for poker guy, I'm not sure if they even realised he was the guy they were looking for until after he became eeeevil.

When I say "find" the Designer Children before the bad guys do, I mean "find and actually make a legitimate attempt at preventing them from being awakened". Preferably by explaining to them that they're in danger of being turned into psycho aliens who want to eat all of humanity, and hoping that they're human enough to be strongly opposed to this notion.

Dammit Corvo, you're not allowed to get yourself banned before I see your Macross 7 impressions.
It was such a weird turn of events in that thread.

Is the Order a Rabbit? - 07-08

This show is so, so good. Rize continues to be best girl (marksman joke bit was awesome) and Syaro's dedication to her makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside,
Yeah this was so fuzzy.Rize x Syaro for the win.
No clue, just what I remember reading, no proof or anything. The fact that it's plausible is pretty telling though.

Those spoilers are a mix of truth and lies

I need an Angora rabbit. Or at least a plushie of one.
Have you seen those things?
Those rabbits are reminding me of DQ "slimes" even when they are cute.

SDBurton

Akuma no Riddle - 06

Not really much to say other than
this is fucking bullshit that every other fucking assassin managed to live through their failed attempt EXCEPT the two confirmed lesbians in the group. I mean, you had one girl that had an entire stage set fall on their ass and they made it out alive with a few broken bones and scratches, but because this episode was focused on the play Romeo and Juliet they decided to go the distance and literally kill off two characters. What a load of shit. I should've saw this coming. :/

What happened?

See by yourself

Akuma no Riddle - 06

Not really much to say other than
this is fucking bullshit that every other fucking assassin managed to live through their failed attempt EXCEPT the two confirmed lesbians in the group. I mean, you had one girl that had an entire stage set fall on their ass and they made it out alive with a few broken bones and scratches, but because this episode was focused on the play Romeo and Juliet they decided to go the distance and literally kill off two characters. What a load of shit. I should've saw this coming. :/

I have to agree that it'sa total shame but it made the whole romeo and juliet scene even more powerfull because of it ;There was love , there was twist , there was that tragic moment
I'm so sad that it ended this way but goddamn if this doesn't make the pairing "official"
It's the second best pairing of the show.

You should catch-up , there are a lot more things you should watch in this anime.

SDBurton

I need an Angora rabbit. Or at least a plushie of one.
Have you seen those things?

Not yet!

Yeah this was so fuzzy.Rize x Syaro for the win.

Preeeeach!

I have to agree that it'sa total shame but it made the whole romeo and juliet scene even more powerfull because of it ;There was love , there was twist , there was that tragic moment
I'm so sad that it ended this way but goddamn if this doesn't make the pairing "official"
It's the second best pairing of the show.

You should catch-up , there are a lot more things you should watch in this anime.

Very true. Still watching more as we speak!

Akuma no Riddle - 07

While it may have been underwater, and done in order to
give her some air, we still got our first kiss! HELL YEAH! You could definitely tell that had some lasting effects on her too. :D

Preeeeach!
Oh yeah
Very true. Still watching more as we speak!

Akuma no Riddle - 07

While it may have been underwater, and done in order to
give her some air, we still got our first kiss! HELL YEAH! You could definitely tell that had some lasting effects on her too. :D

I think that kiss only sealed the deal.
More importantly she choose to open the cage ! that's what matters.

----------------------
Mahouka - 10

It's the birth of the Miki - tatsuya relationship ... where can this go , i wonder ? //smirk

Also it's now official , miyuki is so OP , that she can even turn woman gay for her.

Kudos to the patriarch, it's a shame that we don't know who realised what the patriach prank was aside from tatsuya. I guess it would be :
-tatsuya , miyuki , masaki , george and jumonji ?

Well this is just brilliant. -_-

SDBurton returns, and hours later after that Corvo gets banned.

Well on the bright side, when he gets back he'll probably jump straight to After Story impressions.

In the meantime I can continue to look forward to PshycoNinja's TTGL impressions-oh right he's apparently at E3.

Uhhh.....wow. Crap there aren't a lot of impressions to look forward to right now. I guess the time to bring up my challenge draws near....

Chariot

The IDOLM@STER 01

I decided to watch this, after the fellow Idolpunchers recommended the show. I know most girls already from Doujinshi, so the introcutions were not a big suprise. So far I like Hibiki and Yayoi the most. I guess, I have a thing for genki girls. Although I dislike the twins they look cute, but are kinda annoying.
But I have to say, I don't like this kind of pseudo documentary approach. I don't feel very engaged by it. But seems like this was just for the first episode, aye?

The IDOLM@STER 01

I decided to watch this, after the fellow Idolpunchers recommended the show. I know most girls already from Doujinshi, so the introcutions were not a big suprise. So far I like Hibiki and Yayoi the most. I guess, I have a thing for genki girls. Although I dislike the twins they look cute, but are kinda annoying.
But I have to say, I don't like this kind of pseudo documentary approach. I don't feel very engaged by it. But seems like this was just for the first episode, aye?

Indeed , this was only for the first ep

Looking forward to your impressions

The first 3 eps are there as a kind of "prologue" so you can learn abou the girls a little before they devellop them there are a lot of girl so don't worry if this take time.

Midonin

Brynhildr 10

So the opening's the same kind of song type as Nobunagun. It's not bad, but I prefer songs where I can make out the lyrics somewhat. As for the episode itself, jumping from
Nanami's almost instant death
to a beach episode is a huge tonal shift. But I got swimsuit fanservice out of it, so I'll consider this episode a win overall.

SDBurton

Akuma no Riddle - 09

What a badass! So glad that
Tokaku got over her mental barrier and can now go all out in her battles. Figures it happens right before the final challenger approaches too. lol

They could've put a kissing scene at the end of this too. ( - 3 - )

Oh god,Sawashiro Miyuki just announce she's married

http://www.mausu.net/mausu_blog/index.php?UID=1402236000

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! щ(ºДºщ)

That means 7 out of 11 501 Stike Witches are married,4 to go

I'm currently watching the list of her roles so far , i only see a bunch of favorites right now
So many roles where i liked her , momohime from muramasa, mila maxwell , mint blamanche from galaxy angel !

Just thinking about it put a smile on my face.

Link Man

Banned
Kawai Complex Guide 10

Or "Ritsu and Mayumi rub Shiro's giant shiny balls".

iBE8wbUhudQms.jpg

Shiro and Mayumi have really got the reactions of romcom fans down perfect.

And my double entendre above is completely redundant.

I'm convinced that this show is perfect (for me at least). Even the previews are hilarious!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Baby Steps Episode 10:

One of the things I really like about this show is out of all the sports series this season, this one has the best sense of organic progression for the skills of our protagonist, we see his talent but he still comes across as pretty raw rookie due to things like a lack of experience and boxed thinking. We can see Eiichirō credibly improve by the game, although the analysis does get bogged down at times. Also, a penalty serve against Baby Steps for pass along basic tennis terms and redundant character backstory.

cajunator

Banned
I'm currently watching the list of her roles so far , i only see a bunch of favorites right now
So many roles where i liked her , momohime from muramasa, mila maxwell , mint blamanche from galaxy angel !

Just thinking about it put a smile on my face.

Mint mint mint mint miiiiiiiiint ♡♡

Soredemo Sekai Wa Utsukushii 9
So the old "grandparent dying" fakeout. And now there's yet another love rival for Nike.
The kiss scene at the end was nice aside from the foreshadowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom