• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Anime |OT2| about as likely as a second season of Hyouka

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Brynhildr 10

So the opening's the same kind of song type as Nobunagun. It's not bad, but I prefer songs where I can make out the lyrics somewhat. As for the episode itself, jumping from
Nanami's almost instant death
to a beach episode is a huge tonal shift. But I got swimsuit fanservice out of it, so I'll consider this episode a win overall.

hahahaha this show is so dumb, I can't help but love it. Another crazy tone shift, but it seems par for the course.

lol at the ED... Was (spoiler kinda from the first 5 min or so of episode.)
Nanami always a ghost there?

I'm currently watching the list of her roles so far , i only see a bunch of favorites right now
So many roles where i liked her , momohime from muramasa, mila maxwell , mint blamanche from galaxy angel !

Just thinking about it put a smile on my face.

For me I loved her as Celty from Durarara and Serika from Space Bros.

She even voiced Apo!

Kyuur

Jojo 10

Avdol ;_; Definitely did not see that one coming.
Great episode, really enjoying the pace lately. New villain characters and stands are excellent, hope they are more of a continued storyline rather than being resolved in the next few episodes.

Mekaku City Actors 9

CG opening was a bit jarring, but the rest of the episode definitely made up for it. It's all coming together and I love it.

New Aldnoah Zero key visuals: http://www.aldnoahzero.com/
Vs_006-1.jpg

The first one reminds me a lot of a Patlabor setting. Hopefully the show captures at least some of that, where the mechs are also machines which have to be maintained by people. The second one has really natural and interesting expressions. Not something you usually see in an anime group pose of this sort.

Great two back characters, still one of the most anticipated shows of the season.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders - 10

Sad that they didn't use the sword can't beat gun joke. Also,
looks like they toned down the gun shot so it doesn't seem as fatal as it was in the manga.

Midonin

One Week Friends 10

Though the friction between the characters was rougher than it's been for a while, the tone was consistent with what came before. Also, Saki wishes she could marry Kaori, and that alone is enough for me to give this episode a pass.

Clov

MekakuCity Actors 09

Apart from the atrocious CG in the beginning, this actually was a really good episode. I'm not super fond of this anime, but it was really interesting. The story of the monster is giving me some Kyousogiga vibes, though I liked Kyousogiga a lot more.

Silvawuff

Brynhildr 10

I kinda knew that thing at the beginning of the episode was going to happen. Obligatory bathing suit/beach scene, followed by more of what makes this anime really awesome. It's more twisted than Elfen Lied. I can't wait for next week!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah but did you see how those 2 were talking before going to the tea party ?
All those i'll protect you ! we'll survive together !
and such

Lovely.

Yeah, that stuff was just great. :D

===============================

Soul Eater NOT! - 07

I'm sure this thread was filled with gifs of the terrible fight scene in this episode. Good god. But the last 2 minutes... shit got REAL!

Rhapsody

Banned
One Week Friends 10

Everything still isn't resolved, and Kujo is still a jerk after given an explanation.

The Shogo and Yamagishi scene was nice though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Soul Eater NOT! - 08

Don't get me wrong, Anya is cool as hell and I love her to pieces, but I feel like I'm starting to favor Meme x Tsugumi more than Anya x Tsugumi. Her issue of forgetting shit aside, she has that warm caring nature and tends to be the first one to respond to Tsugumi's troubles and overall it makes their pairing feel more natural and believable.

Articalys

Baby Steps ep.10

Boss battle! If only the tennis sakuga during the matches was as good as the stuff in the OP...

Also, during one of Miyagawa's internal monologues, Kakihara's voice took on an very familiar tone:
They're probably leaning on the "commentators watching from off-court to explain everything" a bit too much, but it means Natsu gets more dialogue so that's okay.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Hunter x Hunter (2011) 27:

Wow, it's just like my Japanese Role-Playing Games.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 28-30:

hK4Aqgdl.jpg

NEN MASTERS HATE HIM!

This man discovered a natural technique for powering up weak shounen protagonists. Click here NOW to learn one weird trick for opening your micropyles in just five minutes!

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 31-34:

Prodigies gonna prodigy. Get wrecked, hazing cripples.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 35 (first half)

QO0whrUl.jpg

Wow, it's just like my Japanese Role-Plating Games.

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 35 (second half)

Na1JPPrl.jpg

NO SHIT, OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING. It's always a nice surprise when my animes are actually animated. WOW

Jex

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 35 (second half)

Na1JPPrl.jpg

NO SHIT, OH MY GOD THAT WAS AMAZING. It's always a nice surprise when my animes are actually animated. WOW

I know right, it's pretty shocking to see animation in anime these days.

Articalys

Current series ranking:

Best of the season:
Captain Earth
Haikyuu!!

Great:
Mushishi
Gochiusa

Pretty Good:
Love Live
Chaika
Baby Steps

Good:
Nanana
Ping Pong
Jojo
NGNL
One Week Friends

Seriously, what the hell am I watching:
Mekaku City Actors

Future card Buddyfight Episode 23 (engDub)
tumblr_n6v4edSQlF1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_n6v4edSQlF1qbxqfpo3_500.png

Dungeon World is pretty good with its AU versions of our favorings. Dancing Magician TetsuYO and Craftsman Baku were fun. There were a few characters missing so next episode should hopefully have them.

Will miss Buddyfight next week since its taking a one week break :(

Wow, it's just like my Japanese Role-Playing Games.

A Japanese Role-Playing Game that we can't play!

Seriously, I'd love to see an RPG with Hunter X Hunter's kind of class system.

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure - 8

I want Speedwagon to narrate everything that happens in every anime ever.

Joe Molotov

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 35 (first half)

QO0whrUl.jpg

Wow, it's just like my Japanese Role-Plating Games.

I thought that said "Cajuner" for a second. That would clearly be the right class to choose.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Well, I know strictly speaking they've got to a couple of them before the Evil Kiss Squad did, but Teppei doesn't feel like he counts since he's such a special case, being on the good guys' side for years before the Designer Children: Gotta Catch 'Em All spree even started, and as for poker guy, I'm not sure if they even realised he was the guy they were looking for until after he became eeeevil.

When I say "find" the Designer Children before the bad guys do, I mean "find and actually make a legitimate attempt at preventing them from being awakened". Preferably by explaining to them that they're in danger of being turned into psycho aliens who want to eat all of humanity, and hoping that they're human enough to be strongly opposed to this notion.

I got what you meant, just joshing. The biggest hurdle for them is that there is no way to distinguish them from a normie human. The only reason the bad guys know where they're at/who they are... is because they know who they are and/or remember them.

Also, last night's One Piece... 15 minutes of show is not enough for 4 storylines. They're all converging together so thank fucking god. Still pretty hype.

phaze

Hunter x Hunter (2011) 28-30:

NEN MASTERS HATE HIM!

This man discovered a natural technique for powering up weak shounen protagonists. Click here NOW to learn one weird trick for opening your micropyles in just five minutes!

:lol

[B]Hunter x Hunter (2011) 35 (second half)[/B]
Still the best fight so far I think.

Durararararararararara 01-02

Well this went supernatural pretty fast. I thought this Izaya guy will be some Batman of Tokyo but he turned out to be a massive dushbag. Pretty fun first two episodes, black rider is a certified bro/sis.

Current series ranking:

Good:
Ping Pong

Shounen:
Naruto Shippuden
Hunter x Hunter

Future card Buddyfight Episode 23 (engDub)
tumblr_n6v4edSQlF1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_n6v4edSQlF1qbxqfpo3_500.png

Dungeon World is pretty good with its AU versions of our favorings. Dancing Magician TetsuYO and Craftsman Baku were fun. There were a few characters missing so next episode should hopefully have them.

Will miss Buddyfight next week since its taking a one week break :(

That's good. I can be up to date by the next episode!

Clov

This is a few days old, but apparently Funimation is going to be adding some Ping Pong T-Shirts based on a vote to their store. If they're actually adding merchandise from it to their store, it might be doing well streaming. Hopefully that's a good sign for a possible Blu-Ray release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom